Parnelli's Covid-19 Indoor Grow

Some of those angles are well under 90 degrees with twisted and split stems on a post stretch flowering plant.

Definitely not ideal but shows how robust stems are.

Green tape is a parafin horticultural grafting tape but any tape will do.

I wonder if there are some people that manage to rejoin completely snapped stems..

20201113_114804.jpg

20201113_114703_HDR.jpg

Today is feeding day.

I'm seeing the basement get colder as the temps drop outside, especially at night when I have the LED's off for 6 hours (18 on/6off) and the heat in the house turned down for better sleep. I've got the plants off the floor and on a Styrofoam pad as suggested by 013. Think I'll change the light timing to have the LED's on when the house heat goes down. Think that will keep the temp in the grow tent more consistent. I also put in an incandescent light in the tent about an inch above the pad to get the tent warmer when the outside temps drop to the teens and below.

Recent pix (Nov 30) after topping Red (left side) - there is a shot of the light that I'm using to increase the temp in the tent - the close up shows white hairs growing on the Malawi - hadn't noticed those on any other grow before - still on an 18/6 lighting regimen

2021.13.JPG

2021.14.JPG

2021.15.JPG

It was 8 weeks yesterday that I started this journal and the girls had just peeked out of the pods. I've modified the light schedule so the LEDs come on after the furnace shuts down for the night. The LEDs keep the tent warmer at night so the plants see a more even 24 hour temp (68.4F, 34%rh). I had to do some light timing adjustments; now they are back on 18/6 and I've done a little more training getting all of the branches about the same height from the LEDs. It does seem to be the right time to switch to flower. Of course I just made more veg nutes that are not needed so those nutes will get splashed on the raspberries outside.

Figure I'll do the switch to 12/12 at next watering on Sunday. Time to prep some flowering nutes :)

Hmmm, I gotta scramble but catch up later this evening, kinda looks like bugs thrips maybe IDK... but hate to say that. Maybe scope front & back sides looking for eggs with loupe or download app called magnifyer for smart phone if you don’t have loupe. You could always shout out for Jack420 Konks or Birdie and get more eyeballs & brains working on it

Switched to Flower on Dec 6. Switched the nutes to Miracle Grow Bloom Booster and fed the girls one week early. Looked around grow journals to get some info on the red spots. Indications are a calcium and magnesium deficiency. Since feeding there are no more red spots. Think it is time to increase feedings to once per week (vs every two weeks) now that the girls are getting bigger. I'll need to increase the amount of water I give the girls to drink to 3x per week too.

So for my next trick - Finally paid attention to what an autoflower is - Hey I'm trying to cram an autoflower (Malawi) and a photoperiod (Red) plant in the same small tent - so while I'm homebound figure I can make this work - I pull the Red out after 12 hours and let the auto hang out in the light for another 6.
Here's the Red

2021.18.JPG

2021.19.JPG

Back
Top Bottom