Parnelli's Pineapple Express

parnelli

Well all of the Mystery Seeds failed to pop so I bought a few seeds. I'm starting with a variety I've never tried, Pineapple Express. After the movie I just couldn't resist. The two seeds I've started have popped and are safely ensconced in the Aerogrow until big enough for a soil transplant.

P1110507.JPG
P1110508.JPG

I also bought a high CBD variety to use in cooking for joint pain; Acapulco Gold (love those landrace sativa varieties); and the ever-popular White Widow. I should be able to plant some of these outside this Spring - don't think they will do real well in the current foot of snow in the yard.

14 days ago, I soaked the 2 PE seeds in rainwater for about 18 hours then inserted them in the Aerogrow. In the 5x3x2 grow tent in my basement I'm able to keep the temp during the light period at 70F without any auxiliary heat source. During the 6-hour dark period the temp drops to 61F. Looking forward to a few more days of continued hydroponic growth before transplanting in soil.

Just finished the transplant to soil.

Soil is a 50/50 mixture of Earthgro potting soil and Motherearth Groundswell Performance Potting soil. My local Ace Hardware did not carry Happy Frog any longer. Temp when the light is on (600-watt Induxpert full spectrum LED panel - set to veg) is 70F for 18 hours; temp during 6 hours of darkness is 61F. Vivosun 5-gallon fabric pots.

2022.3.JPG

First soil feeding this morning. Cheapskate that I am I'm still using Miracle Gro All Purpose plant food until I run out. To borrow a quote from Frank's "I put that sh*t on everything".

1/2 tsp mixed with 52 oz of rainwater - 26 oz of mixture for each plant. 52 oz because that's what the recycled plastic OJ containers hold. Directions call for 1 tsp per gallon for indoor plants so I'm a little heavy - hope the girls like it. The rainwater is slightly acidic; ph in the 6's.

From Farside05 back in 2019:

Fertilizer Program for Containerized Plants II

I was looking for a good fertilizer for flowering and came across this article and other info on feeding. Surprised me that from tissue samples the amount of P needed in flowering about doubles BUT it is still small in relation to N & K

From Farside05 back in 2019:

Fertilizer Program for Containerized Plants II

I was looking for a good fertilizer for flowering and came across this article and other info on feeding. Surprised me that from tissue samples the amount of P needed in flowering about doubles BUT it is still small in relation to N & K
Hey @parnelli Hope your having a great day Amigo.
Sorry I'm late to the action.
I'm just going sneak onto the bus while I'm here.:popcorn:
Are you trying to pick a nutrient line?

Stay safe
Bill

Have you looked at @Prescription Blend? I only have one grow in soil but that stuff works FANTASTIC. If you are looking for good easy all-in-one nutrient package you will love it. Check out my current grow in soil and see what it has done for my girls.
Happy Growing.

Hey Bill284;

Doin' fine - just waitin' for the big snow and ice storm to hit :eek:

Not so much looking for a complete set of nutes but trying to figure out if a very high level of phosphates is needed for plants in a grow tent to get a bodacious set of buds.

Come Spring I will be looking for what nutes work best in soil in a saltwater marsh area with lots of sand mixed in. I may be inclined to use containers outdoors instead of planting in the ground.

Looking forward to the pineapple harvest in the coming months. When I open the grow tent, I sure get a good whiff of aroma that is stronger than anything I've grown in a while.

It's been cold and I've not added additional heat to the tent like I did in my last grow. I think the temps between 60 -70F have kept the girls from growing as fast as they should so I borrowed a small fan forced electric heater (instead of using a 25-watt light bulb) and am letting the tent "heat soak". Am currently seeing initial temps vary between 70-84F. Those grow tents sure dissipate heat quickly and even got mine externally insulated.

Latest pix of the PE (Pineapple Express) ladies. I sprayed them with collected rainwater to give them a drink and up the humidity. Note the water bottles with brown plastic pipes coming from the mouths. I am testing the longevity of these faux Blumats and the girls with this amount of water (59oz). I don't want to have to resort to an automated water system because of the cost and complexity for such a small grow. Besides I expect a massive outdoor growth this summer. I hope to grow enough that I could be stoned 24 / 7 for 365 days without thinking about if I have enough weed :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

2022.4.JPG

2022.5.JPG

2022.6.JPG

Started LST (low stress training) this AM. Didn't snap the stem this time :laughtwo: :laughtwo: . Don't think I should SCROG because I may have to move the plants sometime in the future. Temps are now between 84.0 and 68.0F with humidity at 32% - a little lower than optimal but at least there's no mold.

...Cheapskate that I am I'm still using Miracle Gro All Purpose plant food until I run out. To borrow a quote from Frank's "I put that sh*t on everything".

1/2 tsp mixed with 52 oz of rainwater - 26 oz of mixture for each plant. 52 oz because that's what the recycled plastic OJ containers hold. Directions call for 1 tsp per gallon for indoor plants so I'm a little heavy - hope the girls like it. ....
I'm with you! I have a large container of MG for my vegi garden and I'm going to use it on with my babies.

The part I don't understand is MG's instructions are:
"Soak the soil at the base of the plants every 7-14 days".
That is very vague. I never know how much to feed vegis outdoors and have probably over fed many times.

At lease Fox Farm fertilizers spell it out how much to feed,,, if you dig into their FAQ deep enough.
FF instructions are:
"Slowly soak the container until you get 10-15% runoff."
Concise, if a bit wasteful.

In a later post you question the use of excessive P for "Bloom Nutes". I'm questioning that too the more I read. Quite a few people are questioning it also. Where did that whole theory start?

And then there's FF's "Feeding Schedules" featuring +15 separate 'Nute Products'... Really?
Years ago I got into one indoor grow. I didn't have much guidance, but anyway I still have an almost full container of FF 'Cha Ching' , 9-50-10. Good Grief, what am I supposed to do with this stuff?

Hey, you got me to lookup Blumats! Nice. I want to get into an auto water system at some point.
I'd like to see what your faux Blumats system is, if you care to share!:)

ps.
My seeds are not in the ground yet. I've been waiting for the single digits to stop so I don't have to run a heater in the grow room. Yesterday it was 75° and today's forecast is 83°. I'm going from avoiding using electric heat straight into having to buy and install the vent system...:oops:

... I bought a few seeds. I'm starting with a variety I've never tried, Pineapple Express. After the movie I just couldn't resist. ...
;)I know the feeling. Kinda like selecting a craft beer 'cause the name or picture on the label is irresistible. Just gptta have it.:)

For me it was Peanut Butter Cup. Someone mentioned the name and I knew I had to try one. As soon as the seeds became available they found one and dropped it off. Then last fall when a lot of growers were experiencing problems with Powdery Mildew and Bud Rot I found out the PBC was a mold magnet and had to trash the plant. It took a bit of luck but I found several popcorn buds that showed zero signs of mildew and got a sample. Good thing I was able to get one clone to survive and then able to get several cuttings from that one.

And then there's FF's "Feeding Schedules" featuring +15 separate 'Nute Products'... Really?
Years ago I got into one indoor grow. I didn't have much guidance, but anyway I still have an almost full container of FF 'Cha Ching' , 9-50-10. Good Grief, what am I supposed to do with this stuff?
The Fox Farms Feeding Schedule can be a bit on the confusing side of things. Using the Soil schedule the grower can narrow down the selection by color. The Big 3 are at the top in the green rows. Then there is the orange colored section with about 7 products. Thankfully there is no need to have to mix the groups; just follow the color. The first time I saw their new Cultivation Nation line of products I have to admit I was thrown for several seconds.

The 'Cha Ching' is part of another trio that is intended to be used from just before switching over to flowering up the the end. But each of those three is used by itself for the weeks listed. We are not supposed to select two and use both in the same week.

As much as I liked what the company has done with helping growers I decided that there were not enough 'organic' selections in the Fox Farm line-up. I started checking out the Roots Organic products. If you want to see a really confusing schedule then check out the one they have. They do not seem to have a pattern to which ones to select. The schedule lists the name and the suggested amount. My upcoming project is to put together a schedule of selected products and when to use. The company that makes the Roots Organic also has their line of nutrients and fertilizers that they call 'Soul'.

Back
Top Bottom