Partial harvest or not

shathaway

I am still new to growing, 2nd grow, critical XXL auto in week 10. Many of the outer branches' pistils are brown and curly while some of inners are still white and straight. Going to get out loop tonight to check trichomes, but will it hurt to harvest outer branches ahead of others? Even looks like some new bud sites are just starting. Will it hurt the rest of the plant to harvest some before other's.

I am still new to growing, 2nd grow, critical XXL auto in week 10. Many of the outer branches' pistils are brown and curly while some of inners are still white and straight. Going to get out loop tonight to check trichomes, but will it hurt to harvest outer branches ahead of others? Even looks like some new bud sites are just starting. Will it hurt the rest of the plant to harvest some before other's.
The pistils color doesnt have anything to do with whether it is ready for harvest or not... it is all about the trichomes. Most people go for 2-5% amber as their harvest point, some go longer and some dont even wait for amber. This point you choose is totally up to your personal preference as to the type of high you desire from your product... pick it early, it is a short lived heady high, pick it later and it can be a strong couch lock body high. Each strain is different and each person smoking it reacts differently. It is totally acceptable to harvest one branch at a time as they get to these various states, and experiment for yourself and see what it is that you really prefer.

yes its ok, and no, it won't hurt. will be good bud too

a very easy habit too,, self control essential

cheers

Trics tell the story, but lots of new hairs do to

Get that loup and post pics of the plant and buds as well
When_To_Harvest2.jpg
how-to-tell-a-marijuana-plant-is-ready-to-harvest-c62052097c07fb01.jpg
when-to-harvest-cannabis-diagram.jpg

Both pics are from same plant. Wish my camera was better. Think I'm going to be using just water for a few more days, then start harvest on some branches.

Partial harvesting works very well. Just like tomatoes they dont all ripen at the same time.

Harvest individual buds when they reach the maturity level desired. Lots of tips above on how to decide that.

. Just like tomatoes they dont all ripen at the same time.
/QUOTE]

Well, actually, tomatoes that flower at the same time ripen at the same time, more or less

Back
Top Bottom