Passionate noob with an issue

Smokydreams

Hi, very new to growing anything and having some trouble. I'm really amazed plants are still alive after what I've put them through. Ok first a little background. Started with seeds I've been saving over the last 4 or 5 yrs from an occasional good looking seed found in this fire bud I was getting. I did not label them as I should have and have know idea which seed is which strain. These 2 plants started out with a peroxide water mix and were planted in miracle grow potting mix soil (I know, I know), I continued to water with a peroxide/water mix regularly when a friend and more experienced grower told me that miracle groww was a big no-no. So against his advice to let them continue and transplant miracle grow and all to new container at appropriate time, I immediately went home and gently dug them up and transplanting them in a different container with a peat moss and vermiculite mix. Bury ing then 2 1/2" deeper because t bg ey had stretched from insufficient light. And then immediately fed them with cutting edge nutrients mixed for seedlings. The mag-amp bottle had mold growing on top of the liquid, but I poured some out and used some from under the mold. I used tap water in this mix which I now know has got a ph of like 8.5.
A day or two later I noticed the bottom leaves beginning to claw and then the bottom leaves began to yellow, also the leaves were puffy with ridges and the new leaf growth was rapidly compacted for several days on 1 plant, and the other seemed like its leaves was a little darker but still clawing down and this plant developed dark spots like purple at the edge of its leaves. It has puffy, ridged leaves also.

Attachments

• 20200607_105501.jpg
    20200607_105501.jpg
    755.7 KB · Views: 32
Hi, very new to growing anything and having some trouble. I'm really amazed plants are still alive after what I've put them through. Ok first a little background. Started with seeds I've been saving over the last 4 or 5 yrs from an occasional good looking seed found in this fire bud I was getting. I did not label them as I should have and have know idea which seed is which strain. These 2 plants started out with a peroxide water mix and were planted in miracle grow potting mix soil (I know, I know), I continued to water with a peroxide/water mix regularly when a friend and more experienced grower told me that miracle groww was a big no-no. So against his advice to let them continue and transplant miracle grow and all to new container at appropriate time, I immediately went home and gently dug them up and transplanting them in a different container with a peat moss and vermiculite mix. Bury ing then 2 1/2" deeper because t bg ey had stretched from insufficient light. And then immediately fed them with cutting edge nutrients mixed for seedlings. The mag-amp bottle had mold growing on top of the liquid, but I poured some out and used some from under the mold. I used tap water in this mix which I now know has got a ph of like 8.5.
A day or two later I noticed the bottom leaves beginning to claw and then the bottom leaves began to yellow, also the leaves were puffy with ridges and the new leaf growth was rapidly compacted for several days on 1 plant, and the other seemed like its leaves was a little darker but still clawing down and this plant developed dark spots like purple at the edge of its leaves. It has puffy, ridged leaves also.

Attachments

• 20200607_105434.jpg
    20200607_105434.jpg
    936.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 20200607_105416.jpg
    20200607_105416.jpg
    843.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 20200607_105359.jpg
    20200607_105359.jpg
    890 KB · Views: 31
  • 20200607_105501.jpg
    20200607_105501.jpg