patience finally paid off - back in again

bog420

sorry peeps - no pics, kinda a rule around here ...

tonight my wife and i just just had our first trimming session after shutting the grow down for 4 years. lots of reasons for shutting the lights off, but thats a different story. but about 6 months ago i was at the bottom of my last jar of smoke, so knew it was time to get back in the game. we moved in the mean time so it meant new growbox, hydro stores, and all that stuff. kinda fun as well, because i got to rebuild and upgrade the setup.

i grow for my personal stash, so there is not much scale, but the new rig is a pretty good setup. i built a 2' x 4' x 6.6' light proof box (it fits in a shallow closet) vented into the attic with a 6 inch flex duct and 350cfm can fan to a can66 carbon filter. for lighting, i run 2 400w metal halides (enhance spectrum) home made air cooled hoods - racefan inspired. the grow was in cocoa, drip to recirculate using a pair of 4 foot ebb and flow trays, draining to my reservoir, drip pumps, air stone, clog proof drippers. nute program is general hydro flora series, protek silicon, golden nectar fluvik, and kool bloom (wet and dry) for finishing.

I am an old white widow fan, so i bought seeds through amsterdam mj seeds, and they came quickly, and with a set of freebees. popped the beans, and ended up with 3 female white widows, and 1 mystery plant that we took to harvest. i used lst and supercrop techniques, and was really farming for a smoke recharge, and clones to start the rotation.

We took flowering clones at day 21, and they are veging nicely. I hope to put them in the flower box in 2 weeks. Tonight though was the chop on gals and needless to say, i am stoned, rambling and pumped! it sure is a good feeling to have nice fat ass trimmed up buds hanging for the cure! and the bonus is a nice bag of frosy leaves and trimmings for the bubbler!

I will give you a rating on the quality of the smoke after the cure, but this is definately a different strain of white widow than my last batch that came from nervanna. the nervanna strain was smaller, had a lot of yellow in the flowers, and the leaves looked like a snow storm. this strain had some white crystal leaves, no where near as much, but the buds are much denser and the flowers a pure white. it will be interesting to see the taste, and see if it gives that white widow knockdown high.

sorry to ramble - but i am high, pumped, and ready to fire up the bubbler!

Later - bog (aka bogrow)

Back
Top Bottom