Patience Is A Virtue?

Looking beautiful Joe! Congrats mate, I’m excited for you haha :yummy::drool::bravo:
Yes, always an exciting time for sure. I know my better half can't wait, the smell is strong. Overpowering my four inch exhaust. Looks like an up grade before the fall growing season.ha ha

Crazy looking stickies mmm :rollit:
Stickies all right, can't touch them without it all over you. Swear it is dripping off in places. Oh but the smell when you do touch them, wish I could name it but not so good at that except it smells like really dank weed, just the way it's supposed to.

Can someone tell me how these girls seem to know when the light will come on. Came home from work around 5:30 or so and a slight smell near the door. I go down for a rip from the bong, before throwing some chicken on the BBQ, and it hits you hard, like a stank wall, ten minutes before lights on. :bong:

And still no amber, but oh so pretty.

They are oh so close but are needing a helping hand to finish off. Thirsty though, taking in four liters over 24 hrs. Phed to 5.8 and a 1/8 strength of Monster Bloom. The ph is on a slow drop over the last few weeks, with the ec holding steady or slowly rising. Surely these trics. will show some amber soon.
It is day 65 from 12/12 flip and 104 from seed crack. All is well in the Zen Garden. :cool::yummy:

And look what the flash lite up hiding in the middle.

:rip: Well the dirty deed is done. After one hundred and eighteen days, and 120 hours of darkness, four Northern Lights are hanging out for the last time. Maybe a little excessive on the dark period but a little extra long weekend to the beaches was in order. Humidity has been high lately around here so have to be a little extra careful during the next week. Last grow was WW and the largest cola weighed in at 58 grams wet and 16 grams dried. This round the largest cola came in at 77 grams, we shall see as it dries, should be over 20 I would think. Buds this round seem so much more dense then last, another reason to watch the humidity. Even low down buds were falling over under their own weight. Should be some fair weight with the lower buds and the popcorn, no idea as to the top colas, could be a real surprise. Patience will pay off in the Zen garden. :bong:

It has taken a while but finally done and in the jars for a week now. With the humidity around hanging around 80% it took two weeks to dry enough to finish the trim and get it into some jars with humidity packs. Fruits of the labor equal 219 grams of usable product. About 20g shy of the last grow but still one gram per watt from the wall. The largest cola (77g wet) dryed to 16 grams when jared but sure nice hard nuggs.
Breaks down into - 40g. cola tops
84g. top buds
69g. lower bud and popcorn
26g. tric. coated trim
Popcorn and trim should make some nice butter or oil. the top buds I would like to press. Takin in all I can on that subject as I find it. The cola tops, although not cured as yet, are some fine smoke and really kicks my ass. The first three attempts at it put me to sleep within the hour. lol, lovin it, sure some good medication. Complete opposite from the White Widow I grew last. Giving me a choise depending on what i'm up to.

This is the end of this journal and has been a learning experience all the way. Can't wait for some new seeds and the up coming fall grow season. Way to hot and humid to grow indoors around here in the summer. And out door is just not an option for me at the time.

And this is what it's all about. Keep on growing my friends.
From the Zen garden to you.
:passitleft:

Congratulations on the harvest and the smoke report . You still have pics for the photo of the month and plant of the month. That third pic is photo of the month !

Congratulations on the harvest and the smoke report . You still have pics for the photo of the month and plant of the month. That third pic is photo of the month !
Thanks, it seemed like such a long haul but I think it was just worrying about heat and humidity. Loving this smoke in the evenings, killing almost all pains and some of the best sleeps I've had in quite some time. Waiting a few more weeks to try out some of the cola tops, real excited to see how they will smoke. Can't enter photo of the month until sept, I have a few pics. set aside for that. As for the plant of the month, only if its for the ugliest. By the time I have twisted and bent my plants to where I want them they are so out of shape, not worth the time to take the pic. My system inter twins four plants that look like one big one so really not fair for the contest.

Are u still having water temp jssues? As instead of a expensive power whore water chiller you should try a aquarium fan or PC fan blowing in ur res and cut a hole on the opposite side for exhaust..hook it up to a pid temp controller and call it a day and it's cheap as shit...and or put your pump outside the res and make in inline..use some bulkheads and call it a day...not sure what size your pump is...as if it's hose only you can get a bontanicare bulkhead that has a hose Barb on the end local grow stores carries them usually as they are cheaper than a regular bulkhead I wouldn't recommend using uni seals...you should look into a scrog net for ur next grow well higher up just not in veg I have 2 nets on mine the top is fully adjustable as it's mainly for bud support than the 1st net that gets super cropped and lst under for training and a nice level even canopy and will give you more room height wise too....

Are u still having water temp jssues? As instead of a expensive power whore water chiller you should try a aquarium fan or PC fan blowing in ur res and cut a hole on the opposite side for exhaust..hook it up to a pid temp controller and call it a day and it's cheap as shit...and or put your pump outside the res and make in inline..use some bulkheads and call it a day...not sure what size your pump is...as if it's hose only you can get a bontanicare bulkhead that has a hose Barb on the end local grow stores carries them usually as they are cheaper than a regular bulkhead I wouldn't recommend using uni seals...you should look into a scrog net for ur next grow well higher up just not in veg I have 2 nets on mine the top is fully adjustable as it's mainly for bud support than the 1st net that gets super cropped and lst under for training and a nice level even canopy and will give you more room height wise too....
Running a fan across the surface of the water is the next improvement to my system. Way cheaper then a chiller. Really only have water temp problems at the start and end months of a winter grow season. Will keep the ice chiller hooked up for any extreme temp changes, only need to charge it when needed. Way too much hassle to try growing inside during the hot and muggy summers around here. I wasn't very successful at my first attempt at a scrog but that is part of the learning curve. I will be trying a double net this year. the top one to hold up overweight colas. Had strings a wires going all directions last spring. Will pop seeds in a couple of weeks so am getting excited.

Ya most ppl do not properly use scrog nets the correct way and then they get plants that are touching their lights gets light burned uneven canopy so the large colas tower over the rest and u just loose bud... it's all about plant training like mainline or manifold with topping lst fimming etc...if you have any questions on scrog feel free to ask not also I would mount the scrog to ur ceiling over putting it on legs that will get in ur way just use ratchet straps...also if I was you I would relocate ur carbon filter and mount it at your ceiling it would work better w/o a extra 5ft of hose...plus it will give you more room...as if I was you I would make the scrog from corner to corner or close to it and I would put the plants towards the corners and I would fill that entire room up and I would add another light if ur going to stick with the blurple or switch to full spec white with far reds like most companies been doing...as if you are I would look into strip LEDs they have the best coverage and not sure if heat is a issue in the winter for u but if it is mount the driver outside the room will help tons with qb LEDs as that's the main heat issue is the drivers...have u checked if your airpump is putting heat into the system along with the h2o pump....

Ya most ppl do not properly use scrog nets the correct way and then they get plants that are touching their lights gets light burned uneven canopy so the large colas tower over the rest and u just loose bud... it's all about plant training like mainline or manifold with topping lst fimming etc...if you have any questions on scrog feel free to ask not also I would mount the scrog to ur ceiling over putting it on legs that will get in ur way just use ratchet straps...also if I was you I would relocate ur carbon filter and mount it at your ceiling it would work better w/o a extra 5ft of hose...plus it will give you more room...as if I was you I would make the scrog from corner to corner or close to it and I would put the plants towards the corners and I would fill that entire room up and I would add another light if ur going to stick with the blurple or switch to full spec white with far reds like most companies been doing...as if you are I would look into strip LEDs they have the best coverage and not sure if heat is a issue in the winter for u but if it is mount the driver outside the room will help tons with qb LEDs as that's the main heat issue is the drivers...have u checked if your airpump is putting heat into the system along with the h2o pump....
The scrog net defeated me last grow but a little (lot) more reading over the summer gives me more confidence. The scrog on my system is on legs as it is part of a revolving table that gives me access to the back two plants. Gonna add the second net higher to support the colas. The home made carbon filter, well it sucked. Gonna us the fan to cool the res, at .4 amps not too much of a draw but should give good air flow over the surface of the water. The miss's says the garden smells so a more powerful extraction fan is a must. No need for a carbon filter as it exhausts up the flue. A second light is in order this year. The one I have now is a full spectrum and is easy to daisy chain. It gave me good results so far so will stick with it and fine turn the rest of the system this year.Will use the one for veg and add the second when I flip the lights. I will need auxiliary heat when the cold comes on so the drivers won't be a big problem. Not seeing the air pumps adding much heat, at least to the res., but an inline pump would help alleviate some heat there.

Finally the time is here. The temps have dropped enough to start one of two indoor grows this year. Four seeds have been soaked for 24 hrs and are currently in damp paper towel. Will be ph,ing my rock wool plugs this evening. Am going with aquarium pea gravel in the net pots this year, only using the plugs because I have a bag full of them. Once sprouted and in the plugs they have a new warm home with the help of a new prop. mat. The first of several upgrades to the system this year. The stars of this show are from Dopeseeds, two Blueberry and two Dr. CBD. Sure am looking forward to this season and to the rewards at the end. Will have pictures as soon as there is something to see. :bong:

Ya I run all of my h20 pumps inline and use bulkheads...I use the eco plus mag drive pumps and they work wonderful no leaks they are made correctly unlike the cheap pos danner mag drive pumps as 4/5 I got leaked from their cheap ass cover and it being over tightend at the factory and fnpt for inline just is not the way to go for quality..Eco plus mag drives is where it's at they also don't use the same housing for a 200gph-900gph like danner uses like absolutely not...also orbit PVC fittings are a nice plus to have for things like that and running ball valves too so if u need to maintenance the pump you can or if it gets clogged it's easily done without draining the system.... The orbit fittings the PVC pipe spins inside of it plus they are removable too but with them spinning it's perfect for threads like on said pump....
Not sure how u go about changing ur water and all that but like for my cloner I have a fill line tube 1/2in I.d....And it does wonders for not only seeing the water line but u can fill from it if u have no access to the top and use it to add nutes or pH..And I use a turkey baster to mix it up and works great actually also it's stupid easy to hook up a pump and suck the water out or put it back in w/o moving the container...
If you run neg pressure u will be able to get away without using a carbon filter if not u might want to get one and plus not sure on where u live and wat ur neighbors are like but I run a carbon filter and my grow is 100% legal even as there's still plenty of worthless thieves out there that loves to steal weed esp sum1 else put all the work in to do so not worth that ESP how cheap they are.. you don't need to buy some bs expensive garbage canfan filter just get a cheap one off Amazon just have to make sure they use the correct carbon and carbon pellets id stay away from u want chunky carbon like most places use and depends wat they use but u can get one for under 50 easily for ur grow pry more like 35 or 40 even......
Also not sure if u want some big ass exhaust fan to cool ur res...They make aquarium fans that can clip on the back of ur rez and point directly into the res and they are cheap...I'm gonna try it out for my setup or a/c infinity makes nice axial fans that have speed controllers etc and they make some badass exhaust fans too I have a 6in I run. In veg and it has a digital rh/temp controller too which is very nice my 6in was 150 and it is soooo quiet as well that my 6in oscillating fan is louder and they aren't even loud so ya very nice fan and glad I got it...
IMG_20190919_091717.jpg
d2c90572-c541-46b3-b7a7-2d6ce45ff366.jpg
e1f66002-a7dc-4c24-8df2-13433afb5db6.jpg
IMG_20190815_203405.jpg
IMG_20190717_095755.jpg

Back
Top Bottom