The 420 staff have a new and we'll respected member on their team. Well done my friend. You have volunteered to keep us troublesome lot from causing chaos. That is a lot of extra work and responsibility :thumb:

Edit.

You did volunteer, didnt you?
You're not being held captive against your will, are you?

Congratulations Mr Puffer. Looking forward to all your informative posts with your new tital. :popcorn:

The 420 staff have a new and we'll respected member on their team. Well done my friend. You have volunteered to keep us troublesome lot from causing chaos. That is a lot of extra work and responsibility :thumb:
:reading420magazine: yes you lot behave lol

Don’t know about your location but here it’s often planted near junkyards, vacant lots, industrial areas, cliffs & embankments along roadside or big ravines to hold sediment / prevent washouts & rockslides. Whenever you see a whole area covered in one layer of greenery that’s your kudzu. This vine will conquer the tallest trees and cover the natural canopy with its own layer and eventually kill off all the competition...

Thank you very much @ChefDGreen The only thing i get going, will be here.
I am making some ferments and getting ready to test.

The Bonsai section is going good and AC/DC is flowering after getting flushed twice and kelp foliars every 2-3 days.

The pressing issue is getting this building ready...
Screenshot_2021-03-07-07-05-16.png

...for indoor growing.

It already was used with a 1000w HPS w/cooled hood. I am just going to use the ducting and fan for air extraction. The problem is it is full of gardening stuff/junk and needs a thinning.

My grow box is going out to the shop.

...coming soon.

Plants were out for their kelp foliar.

The AC/DC got 2 good flushes to put potential pH swing back to more normal and to also try and precipitate out any excess calcium due to my carelessness. Also, she has received kelp foliar applications at a dillution rate of (1/4 tsp liquid kelp / 1 liter water). +1 drop surfactant to break up waters tendency to bead and help to entirely coat leaf's surface.

20210313_163956.jpg

She has responded very well and yellowing has almost come to a complete halt.

Screenshot_2021-03-13-17-52-22.png

Her stigmas/pistils started showing 11 days after flip and she is presently a little over 2 weeks flowering. Her buds are about the size of your thumb. The pic is during the foliar app. She went in to the dark after this.

She was flipped after 1 month of solid veg due to the limited height. I am trying to flower in my veg compartment, hence the vertical constraints. She is enjoying the Mars TS600. She is presently 12" from light.

The Bonsai's are doing better as well. After flushing them as well, I started feeding them a 2-2-2 last week and they are showing the usual lush green growth again.

20210313_165100.jpg

Within the little mother collection is a...
-Harle-Tsu
-AC/DC
-BlackWater
-SourSkunk
-LimeSkunk
-BluCheezMango

Now regarding the ferment I made that MAY be a weed killer, I can't find anything about what plants NOT to ferment. There are recommended plants to use, but also general weeds are usable as well. I ended up using a healthy weed found around the property called Oxalica.

It looks like clover but it's not. Before using it, I wanted to read up on it and found info about oxalic acid stripping calcium from plant cells allowing pathogens easier access to cause plant cell death; scary stuff.

Fearing the potential of having brewed a weed killer, I started a wild grass ferment.

20210313_165739.jpg

I find i can get 2 lbs of material + 2 lbs brown sugar in to a big mason jar.

Screenshot_2021-03-13-17-54-31.png

This current batch of ferment is on day 5 and I intend on straining it between day 7-9. Last batch's fungus on top started turning dark once there was a solid patch that was visible.

20210313_171159.jpg

This is going to be the test subject with the oxalica ferment. She just sprouted and volunteered herself. The ferment has LABs (lactobacillus) and they produce an acid which can alter the pH. So I think I am going to try a foliar application at a dillution rate of 30ml (2.082 Tbsp) to 1 liter of clean water +surfactant.

Rain is due tomorrow so the foliar app on the test subject will be Monday.

Plants were out for their kelp foliar.

The AC/DC got 2 good flushes to put potential pH swing back to more normal and to also try and precipitate out any excess calcium due to my carelessness. Also, she has received kelp foliar applications at a dillution rate of (1/4 tsp liquid kelp / 1 liter water). +1 drop surfactant to break up waters tendency to bead and help to entirely coat leaf's surface.

20210313_163956.jpg

She has responded very well and yellowing has almost come to a complete halt.

Screenshot_2021-03-13-17-52-22.png

Her stigmas/pistils started showing 11 days after flip and she is presently a little over 2 weeks flowering. Her buds are about the size of your thumb. The pic is during the foliar app. She went in to the dark after this.

She was flipped after 1 month of solid veg due to the limited height. I am trying to flower in my veg compartment, hence the vertical constraints. She is enjoying the Mars TS600. She is presently 12" from light.

The Bonsai's are doing better as well. After flushing them as well, I started feeding them a 2-2-2 last week and they are showing the usual lush green growth again.

20210313_165100.jpg

Within the little mother collection is a...
-Harle-Tsu
-AC/DC
-BlackWater
-SourSkunk
-LimeSkunk
-BluCheezMango

Now regarding the ferment I made that MAY be a weed killer, I can't find anything about what plants NOT to ferment. There are recommended plants to use, but also general weeds are usable as well. I ended up using a healthy weed found around the property called Oxalica.

It looks like clover but it's not. Before using it, I wanted to read up on it and found info about oxalic acid stripping calcium from plant cells allowing pathogens easier access to cause plant cell death; scary stuff.

Fearing the potential of having brewed a weed killer, I started a wild grass ferment.

20210313_165739.jpg

I find i can get 2 lbs of material + 2 lbs brown sugar in to a big mason jar.

Screenshot_2021-03-13-17-54-31.png

This current batch of ferment is on day 5 and I intend on straining it between day 7-9. Last batch's fungus on top started turning dark once there was a solid patch that was visible.

20210313_171159.jpg

This is going to be the test subject with the oxalica ferment. She just sprouted and volunteered herself. The ferment has LABs (lactobacillus) and they produce an acid which can alter the pH. So I think I am going to try a foliar application at a dillution rate of 30ml (2.082 Tbsp) to 1 liter of clean water +surfactant.

Rain is due tomorrow so the foliar app on the test subject will be Monday.
Where do you find the time my friend you must be so busy. Your Girls look great.
I love the square pots.

Lucky you! Already planting outside. We just finished first spring here and are into third winter.

The oxalis bit is interesting. I use lab grade oxalic acid in my leatherwork for bleaching. It's one of the more gentler methods. Looking forward to your thoughts on it in the garden.

Hahaha @Bill284 , there isn't much time. These ferments actually take me 20 minutes to make, I timed it. Well, they take 20 mins to make, but they sit for a few days. This includes pulling them and weighing them...whole process, about 20 mins. Set it and forget it.

@copperrein ...that is odd. I have a feeling that the oxalic acid is actually an isolated piece of the oxalica plant...so is my ferment. I do not think we are going to have a bad experience.

...bleaching, huh? ...leather? What the heck? Thanks for the insight. Maybe I will send it to ya for your leather work. ;)

Back
Top Bottom