Thank you very much. I have been thinking, and despite the super soil already being mixed, I need to get a molasses soil drench to keep the microbes alive.

I currently am at a fork in the road probably needing to do a touch of reading some where. Isn't organic soil, not supposed to get bone dry? Aren't we supposed to mulch and keep the rhizosphere moist and active?

My plant looks good and healthy, I wonder about the soil. I am going to do a molasses drench and get some mulch on the top.

Molasses last year added to the soil on the monthly basis made all the strains stand out with terpenes. None even smelled the same they were so stinky. Amazing difference!

Thank you very much. I have been thinking, and despite the super soil already being mixed, I need to get a molasses soil drench to keep the microbes alive.

I currently am at a fork in the road probably needing to do a touch of reading some where. Isn't organic soil, not supposed to get bone dry? Aren't we supposed to mulch and keep the rhizosphere moist and active?

My plant looks good and healthy, I wonder about the soil. I am going to do a molasses drench and get some mulch on the top.

Molasses last year added to the soil on the monthly basis made all the strains stand out with terpenes. None even smelled the same they were so stinky. Amazing difference!
@Patient Puffer, I have a couple of autos in super soil and I have a jar of molasses. I would like to try using it but have never done so. How much do you use per month? Is the amount based on pot size? Do you just mix in with water?

Inquiring minds need to know! :Rasta:

GDB...molasses is king.

Use unsulfured molasses. Sulfur acts as an antimicrobial and kills stuff.

Warm a gallon jug of water, not piping hot. Just hot enough to liquify the molasses. Add 1 Tbsp and cap then shake vigorously. Water will turn brown. Let it cool down a touch before applying.

Water according to your schedule and soak the super soil. The molasses brings sugars and macros and micros for the herd to feed on.

Molasses is a known chelator. It binds to nutrients and makes them more available for the plant. It's super at being an iron chelator. It will strip the rust off a wrench. ;)

Y'all are putting a ton of pressure on me for just transitioning from the outdoors! Hahahahaha. We should get some bud. How much for a 2x2...who knows? Bless this AC/DC youngan.

I am cutting my teeth again on this indoors thing, so bare with me if ya want. ;) Not much is monitored at this point. Just temps in the middle of winter. I am positive my RH is low. I can walk in a room with watered pots and feel the humidity on my face. We had that for a spell while we had 80° temps in California last week. Going back now to 30° at night and the humidity is dropping off; I can feel it.

A meter is pretty cheap too... ;)

You'll find I am just slightly too hill Billy for that.

GDB...molasses is king.

Use unsulfured molasses. Sulfur acts as an antimicrobial and kills stuff.

Warm a gallon jug of water, not piping hot. Just hot enough to liquify the molasses. Add 1 Tbsp and cap then shake vigorously. Water will turn brown. Let it cool down a touch before applying.

Water according to your schedule and soak the super soil. The molasses brings sugars and macros and micros for the herd to feed on.

Molasses is a known chelator. It binds to nutrients and makes them more available for the plant. It's super at being an iron chelator. It will strip the rust off a wrench. ;)
Thanks, Patient. I'm going to give it a go! :Rasta:

As long as you have the same strain going, you will be able to personally testify to the difference.

I see the difference the most in my CBDs. After smoking some Harle or AC/DC, the wife mentions I smell like some kind of animal crap. ROFL... This was not the case last couple years. Just throwing that out there to help support the claims.

As long as you have the same strain going, you will be able to personally testify to the difference.

I see the difference the most in my CBDs. After smoking some Harle or AC/DC, the wife mentions I smell like some kind of animal crap. ROFL... This was not the case last couple years. Just throwing that out there to help support the claims.
I'm running different strains in the super soil, but I won't let that deter me! I'm gonna try it "for the Anecdote!" :Rasta:

You will not be disappointed. If even just for the nutrients alone, that the molasses brings.

As it chelates and makes some nutrients even more available, you will see them doing better. In comparison the visual difference in veg is barely perceivable. As they set buds and develop their teprenes, you will notice a difference. Upon harvest and curing the differences are going to be glaring.

Does it make them stonier? Perhaps, trichomes weren't lacking this year. Overall though, the AC/DC packed a ton more terpenes in it, even if it grew mostly covered by another plant. The difference is clearly seen in that strain with the perceivable effects of intense terpenes affecting the high.

The Harle-Tsu grew large enough...hmm. Is this my thread? Forgot where I was. Let me post with and without molasses pics for the Harle-Tsu; same super soil recipe...

You will not be disappointed. If even just for the nutrients alone, that the molasses brings.

As it chelates and makes some nutrients even more available, you will see them doing better. In comparison the visual difference in veg is barely perceivable. As they set buds and develop their teprenes, you will notice a difference. Upon harvest and curing the differences are going to be glaring.

Does it make them stonier? Perhaps, trichomes weren't lacking this year. Overall though, the AC/DC packed a ton more terpenes in it, even if it grew mostly covered by another plant. The difference is clearly seen in that strain with the perceivable effects of intense terpenes affecting the high.

The Harle-Tsu grew large enough...hmm. Is this my thread? Forgot where I was. Let me post with and without molasses pics for the Harle-Tsu; same super soil recipe...
Yes, this is your thread! :laughtwo:

You've told me how to use it, but how about how often. Once a month?

pure anecdotal, and I know you said bone dry but if there’s any moisture in that soil or at the top of the storage tub or inside of the barrel lid then herd should be fine

but now here’s some more food for thought if microbes azos & myco can live in dry powdered form in a package then it should live just fine in a bucket of bone dry soil.... cuz at that point it’s just rehrdrated anyway ....... puff on that and get back to me

Ohh man!! That’s gotta be the most awkward feeling to have... you’d feel safe having him next door, but then the next thought is... damn! I’ve got law enforcement living beside me!! Lmao
I have a Crown Prosecutor Next door to me.... Wife will not bend on my legal 4 plant limit. I belong to a Cannabis Group on Facebook. They are doing a Solo Cup Challenge. How fun right. They are sending an Feminized Auto seed to anyone that wants to participate. Wife wouldn't let me because I had four in flower. :(

My fan arrived today.
20201228_175801.jpg

Not top of the line, just hoping it works.

Thus it sits in my pile of equipment, waiting...
20201228_175842.jpg

Those grocery bags are extract bud. 2 bags of THC and 1 of CBD. :)
20201228_175910.jpg
That's the last of the Harley-Tsu.

The clones are more than ready for their transplant.
20201228_004433.jpg
They should be getting their forever homes in a couple days. Temps at the clones stays around 60ish. Lows of 56. They are slowly and patiently waiting for me. :)
Where do you live in California PP? Not sure if that grocery bag is from Lucky's chain in northern California. I delivered SunnySide milk and dairy to their stores. I get a little home sick during the winter.

@Patient Puffer, I have a couple of autos in super soil and I have a jar of molasses. I would like to try using it but have never done so. How much do you use per month? Is the amount based on pot size? Do you just mix in with water?

Inquiring minds need to know! :Rasta:
Everything I've heard its a tablespoon per gallon.

I love your delivery. Happy Frog 5-5-5 comes in a bag bone dry...with microbes.

(Takes a puff)..."That dude be knowing!"

- Harle-Tsu without molasses...

Harle-Tsu's 2019...same planter...front left
Screenshot_2021-01-20-10-00-34-1.png
there are 4 plants there. AC/DC back left. You can see her poking up. The 2 on the right are also Harle-Tsu's with addition of Blood Meal. They stayed greener longer. I stuck with it.

- Harle-Tsu with molasses...

1 Harle-Tsu 2020 in the same planter as the above (front left)
Screenshot_2021-01-20-10-08-30-1.png

She took over when the AC/DC got sick with mites. She was ~2 lbs given what was left and what is setting in bags for RSO...

That plant covered the same area as 2 and was so heavy and dense she was flopped over by late September.

@Plant Daddy indeed. Contra Costa County. I drink a gallon of milk a day sir, and for that I thank you.
I lived in Fairfield.. Still have a house I rent out there. Now I feel like your my neighbor even tho I'm in Victoria BC now. :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom