PB's Persistent Pot Condo: Established 2019

Wow that looks great! Hope you have a good outcome! Did you use the leds from seedlings? I am using a small 24w t5 on day 6 and have been seeing on other journals people use led right away and the plants seem to grow way faster, unless there is something else im overlooking. Cant wait to see how they do!

The plant in the black pot started about 2 weeks before the others under the obligatory "OMG I can GROW WEED?" 75w incandescent bulb in the desk lamp. The other three started under the LED. I can tell you it was not bing bang boom, I had to fuck around with them quite a bit before I set them at what other people most likely had already told me to set them at for good safe growth. I certainly increased all of their growth immensely from a kmart grow bulb but it was not optimal growth and at sometimes dangerous environment because height is so important with LED's. But weed is weed, and look how it's turning out despite me!

I tend to vigorously seek out information, get good answers and proceed to make the mistakes anyway.

I'm feeling very connected to the process tonight, it's pretty awesome, growing weed is very deep isn't it? The big lesson of the day for me today and every day from here on out is to remember I can do it my halfassed well maybe this would work also way, and I'm gimping my girls bigtime. If I pay attention and stick to what I've been told or shown or read by these smart people and I'm going to get more pot!

WOW are my girls happy this morning! Is this what bone dry/soaking wet does? Why didn't you tell me earlier? Oh right, you did! :yahoo:

Happy hump day yall! Cheers!

I been waiting for a little humidifier to show up at the resale shops, I just scored this 1000sq ft VORNDADO baby! She can dump 4 gallons of water in the air in 24 hours! Bit overkill I know but it's $110 in stock at Home Depot, I snaggerd it up for $7.50 at the Gold Mine Resale, the dang thing is like new! The filters were 12 bucks at Lowes. Being able to be my mizerly self in this whole new endeavor has been a complete joy!

Now I absolutely have to build a addition to the pot condo and it has to be big! Can't let all those moist sq ft go to waste right? You think the queen of Sheeba will buy mysales pitch?

Also don't forget it's the last night of the Mars Hydro contest and I'm ONE VOTE AWAY to be tied for the top! I know people voted multiple times (even @SmokeSara voted on a bunch!), plus I'm pretty buried on page 4...if someone still has a vote left, can you help a old stoner out?? Thanks and Cheers! :yahoo::headbanger::passitleft:

IMG_20190313_165757722_HDR.jpg

Thanks everyone (and especially @Captain Cannabis) who supported me in the Mars Hydro contest deal. Looks like my post might have gotten overlooked as a finalist, even though you guys put me tied for first when voting ended!

However it turns out I want to tell you I'm really appreciative of your votes! Don't worry, the pot condo will get more light somehow!

Cheers, have a great day today! :yahoo:

Great effort Pbass. Looks like I’m marketing some expensive homemade cookies to get more light. I can still run 4 autos, just won’t get those big frickin colas that get entered in contest. Some day.

Thank you @Jdeck , it was a hoot coming up with ways to sneak my lobbying in...I really wanted that light! Maybe I'll get lucky and @SmokeSara will verify and add me to the finalists. We probably won't see her response till the wee hours, I'm sure she's enjoying her holiday in Spain!

SHHH don't tell those guys but I can't wait around any longer! ;) I need to know a light is coming, I've got a second family to feed! It's gonna be tight, but I sold a bass today (not my P!) and hit the used market...guess what I got? BAM

s-l1600.jpg

How’s your plants doing? Any progress at convincing your wife to let you build a veg room?

You don’t need anything big, I built my own 32” wide 2’ deep 16” high grow box inside to inside measurements for my veg. Set it under neath my tent and it worked great for ren and stimpy (untill I flipped them, and discovered their true sex)

Front of it^

The cover^ friction fit

With the cover on^

With it in action^

After I tapped black garbage bags around it to not Disrupt Their 12/12 lighting schedule ^

Thats awesome! Nice build. I like how compact it is.

Plants are great @Backlipslide , thank you for asking! They are stretching like crazy and I'm just seeing the start of buds forming.

On the pot condo addition, I told her it's happening, she just rolled her eyes. That's a yes. Whether I'll go the full 72" I have to work with or just another 48" is yet to be determined, and I'll need more drywall so gonna have to hold off just a bit. I think I'll be able to swing a few sheets next week, about when the lights get here. I could certainly go smaller, or get a tent but...no. I'm working on a 12 plant permagrow buddy, not gonna leave a crumb of legal weed behind!

With this MH600 coming now, I will run that in my flower room most likely. It's also coming with a 400w home made looking job thrown in and a digital timer, all for 99 bucks and free shipping! I don't know the draw on it but with what I got already and these two I should be pushing some decent wattage in both rooms. Cheers! :yahoo::headbanger:

Found this...hand crafted, Cree led's, 180w draw!

Updated March 2018. Our best-selling Hans Panel, the 180 watt, has now been updated. It still has the broader spectrum from November’s version, but I have removed the Amber leds. Reds turned out to be more effective in the end. The Royal Blue leds had already been replaced by Cool Whites, but now all White leds have been upgraded to a more efficient XPGDWT. The resulting spectrum has become more natural, with lower peaks at 430 nM but with a massive peak at 650 nM, a little like the first Hans Panel from 2012. The improved output in the colours has remained, plants really do seem to appreciate receiving all colours. The panels are most optimised for the flowering stage, a little less so for vegging. Specifically critical strains will produce a more predictable result with these panels.

"Thank you Hans, thank you again for the great service and trust!"

Why Hans Panels?
  • My panels get rave reviews on different forums. They have more than proven themselves over the years and continue to do so.
  • I only use the very best leds, Cree only. The efficiency of these leds is over 30% better than that of cheaper brands like Epistar and Bridgelux. Those, and worse, are used in the products manufactured in China. With over 50.000 hours, they offer much greater durability too.
  • The unique design of my led panels using their patented reflectors, allows the led light to be spread incredibly well and efficiently.
  • I am very aware of the importance of continuity and offer the highest level of service. In the unlikely event of a malfunction, simply contact me and I will arrange for a replacement to be sent out immediately.
  • I believe that urban farming using leds has become a widely-accepted phenomenon. Exclusivity is a thing of the past. In order to stimulate the use of led panels, I keep my prices very reasonable.

Your HansPanel let's you optimise the spectrum and amount of light for different phases of your plants life. There is a position with a relatively high amount of blue light, therefore perfect for vegging, early flowering and mother plants and the second position enables many more red and deep red leds optimised for maximum flowering. The light level is fully adjustable by a rototating knob, allowing you to adjust the panel's efficiency to your liking.

Technical information

• 160 Watt ALL CREE XPGDWT and XPE2 LED Power, total power consumption max 180 Watt
  • PPFD 634 uMol at 30 cm
  • 2 selectable positions; (1) For Vegging and first weeks of flowering, (2) Full flowering position, easily selectable by switch
  • Light level adjustable 0 - 100% by rotating knob, controls between max. efficiency to max. power
  • 6 Cree XPGDWT-JE3 Cool White, 20 Cree XPEBRD 801 Red, 11 Cree XPGDWT-G7E Neutral White, 12 Cree XPEBRO 901 Red Orange and 4 Cree XPE EPR 901 DeepRed Led's
  • Each Led has it's own reflector, either 106 or 123 degrees, therefore optimal control of the light pattern
  • Metal Core PCB for the very best cooling
  • No light losses caused by glass or plastic barriers in front of the LED's
  • External waterproof power supply, no heat contribution to the LED's
  • Smart & Silent fan is controlled by temperature, 0 to 100%
  • Power supply with 2 meter cable, easily unpluggable
  • Size 30 cm * 35 cm * 4 cm, 12" * 14" * 1.6"
  • Recommended maximum grow area 80*100 cm, 32" * 39"
  • Recommended distance from canopy, 20 to 80 cm, 8" to 32"
  • USA power supply included
  • Reflector easily demountable for cleaning
  • Solid construction, simple industrial design
  • Hanging kit included
  • Very quiet, only -45 dB at 30 cm
  • 2 year warranty
  • Discreet shipping, all around the planet

IM not sure what you did, hopefully the tips I’ve been giving you are helping. Sure looks like it, your plants are doing great man! Keep it up!! Happy Friday by the way dude. I’m on my way to work, soon. Got a bit of a drive ahead of me.

By the way, I started a journal last night, go check it out if your interested. It’s called Blue Angel 2019.

Happy Sunday yall! Officially one week in flower! Big plant is 7weeks, smaller plants are 5. They are definitely getting to be a unruley mess again. Amazing to see so much growth so fast considering how short and bushy these plants stayed during veg. Canopy level is all off but I don't know if there's anything I can do with it now. I've got lots of vertical space now though so I'm not too concerned.

I hope my other lights arrive this this week (doesn't say they shipped yet grr), it's getting crowed in here!

Here's side shots, they've bushed right out! Not sure when to trim again. They haven't drank since Tuesday and are just about ready, but aren't begging yet. The little plant is still quite wet, just not taking up water like the rest. But she looks healthy! There isn't any room to spread these limbs out, once move that rack out and the girls go on the floor I'll have more. Can I train some spacing in still? Should I put in a net?

Cheers yall, have a great week!

Attachments

• IMG_20190316_093411504.jpg
    IMG_20190316_093411504.jpg
    518.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20190316_093207175.jpg
    IMG_20190316_093207175.jpg
    485.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20190316_093207175.jpg
    IMG_20190316_093207175.jpg
    485.5 KB · Views: 33
Back