PC grow and experiment

bbqribz570

been a long time, couldnt post on le interwebs for a while just as an extra measure for the last grow. but now its long over, and everything went well.

All that aside, im starting a new PC grow and doing little experiments along the way. hoping to end up with a decent head stash of 100% organic headies for as little $ as possible.
this post is going to be a bit long i got alot to ask and tell what my plans are. also no pics for now but i promise they will come. i plan to document the grow from building of the box to harvest.

first off. i got my pc case, and most supplies for the box. its an average size case, drilled out the drive bays and started putting up white paper. im going to be running lights via a power strip and socket plugs. im thinking 3-4 cfls. i tore apart the power supply and took out all the guts, and im going to run the wire from the power strip through the hole in the power supply. where the plug used to be, to make it look stealth. also keeping the fan in the power supply to cool the lights.

* one question. i have four fans total. all 12v computer fans, and i dont have a way to get them to power. im open to ideas for that but i was thinking of opening the power strip and hard wiring them in there, but i wasnt sure how or if there was a better/safer way. but the idea is to keep the wires coming out to a minimum.thats the main issue as far as building the box.

im not using any nutes, im seeing how good of weed i can produce using 100% natural additives. and spending as little as possible. ive done it outside with amazing results. but never in a PC case.
i was thinking about mixing used coffee ground in the soil for a bit more nitrogen. and putting bananas in the soil for potassium. then again i was worried about mildew and mold being an issue. *thoughts?*

the strains im growing are some of my local favs ive collected. the first is A1 (named after the steak sauce) dry it looks silver from the resin with dark amber hairs and a dingy greenish beige bud. but the taste is unbelievable.
the next is dubbed Baby diesel. its super bright green with bright orange and yellow hairs with gold resin and has a sour smell and supper sweet fruity taste.
im going to start off with 4 seeds 2 of each and grow till i see sex. yes the are bag seed but the genetics are solid and have been around for years in my area. if i end up with any males, i may let them cross just to get some funky seeds and grow them the next go around. all depends on which strain is male and witch is female. but i may just collect some pollen from the male and get rid of the plant itself.

that's all for now, wish me luck and ill post as often as i can, depending on the followers and feedback i get. :peacetwo:

Unless your power strip is 12v you will need a fan controller to send the right current. As far as fan controllers go I built my first pc box using
Silenx IXAFCEX Four Channel External Fan Controller for 24.99 from tiger direct.
It works well but I had to rewire some of the connectors as not all my fans were 4 prong plugs.

As far as soil mixes i'm still experimenting but i've had pretty good luck with a 1/3 vermiculite, 1/3 perlite, 1/3 potting soil (not the kind with fertilizer) then adding bone and blood meal along with dolomite lime.

I've read more lately that the blood meal is quick release not slow release like I thought so i'm researching that myself.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom