PC Grow LED, DWC will this work?

3starsandasun

High! I am relatively new to growing, this is only my 2nd run and I am starting to prepare a custom made PC grow box I have made. I needed a smaller and stealthier grow so I opted for this. I will be using a 1.7L home made reservoir, 2 air stones, 5-inch net pot, 72W LED Strip, Advanced Nutes Connoisseur with the hobbyist level bundle. I have installed 1 intake fan, 2 out fans, & 1 more fan inside the case which would run during lights off. I am still working on getting this case lightproof. Currently I am still testing the temps on the pc case & the room where it will be hidden. The room will be running a window type A/C programmed to run on a timer. It is hot in my country being in Southeast Asia. I have germinated a white rhino seed i bought from Greenhouse. Here is a pic of my pc case. Feel free to give some comments & suggestions so that I can make this system work better. This will be my first time to use AE nutes, on their website there is a nutrient calculator so should I just follow them or should I just use half strength first?

409746058.jpg

Looking forward to seeing your results. I don't do DWC, but something I do know is that roots hate light. you might want to light proof your reservoir. good luck.

yes, i read about that so i have covered the res with aluminium tape. i am doing two reservoirs so that it is easy to change it. i just mix the nutes and exchange :)

I don't know how well will the plant roots take it being taken out and exposed to air and light. Have you thought of making a little lid for topping off the res. you can aways mix nute in separate container and top off. Also I once saw a post on a diy on mini DWC.

Great idea with the LED strips. Looks as if they hardly take up any space at all. Still looks a bit crammed in there though. Are you sure there will be enough space for a fully developed plant?

I imagine that your veg time is really short if any. looking good.

Nice, what LED'S ate you using. ate the made for Growing or it's this something you can get@ Walmart.

Back
Top Bottom