PCaddict's 1st Grow Journal

Hay Scotty. I have it all cut so I don't need any more room. It is filling up my 5x5 and one of the biggest plants is in the fridge for the Low and Slow treatment
Thanks for your input it is appreciated. I know before they got harvested and were in the pots they really filled the tent and now they are filling it up pretty well too :high-five:
when they were alive the tent stayed between 30 to 40% RH so I know I can do that at least but with the lights off and the fans off I think it will get much higher if I need it to

Congrats again PC! We all have our own personal preference for drying. I have a 3x3 with a inline fan and carbon filter to exchange air and keep smell in check dedicated to drying. Like shotta I remove fans prior to chop. Like grey I like thumb sized buds. I don't wash because I don't use foliars .
I'm fortunate that my basement RH hangs around 55 typically. You'll find your groove brother

Dayum mighty fine harvesto_O, can’t wait to see the fridge buds I would guess that what’s hanging is easily over 10 oz

So what I do when hang drying in my tent. I leave my exhaust fan on its lowest setting and if your filter is in the tent I take cardboard and put over the top and sides so it can only pull from the bottom I'd the tent away from your buds. This leaves a bit of air circulating with the filter still doing its job. Just my 2 cents on what works for me. With the rains on there way and all that wet buds watch your rh spiking. Don't want any bud rot on all that hard work.

:bravo: on the final chop PCa! Those are some great meds you grew there with a little help from Mr Duggs!

The flowers are protected by the sugar leaves and dry better with them on....like a natural humidor.
I hear that a lot but it only applies to folks in lower RH climates. If your ambient RH is in the 60s and 70s, whole plant hanging without trimming can be dicey.
I have a few jars and Bovida packs, 58% and 62% so if the dry a little too quick and can use the Bovida packs to bring the moister back up. I also plan to use turkey baking bags for curing
Remember that once your buds drop into the low 50's RH, the cure is over and done whether you rehydrate or not. If the RH is really as low as 30% in there keep close track of them. You may have to cut them down early and burp them over time to make sure you don't overshoot your mark.

Mr. Krip has the science (starts here) and Weaselcracker has the taste test.

Thanks Derby I will keep a watch on it. I don't have a dehumidifier but it never got above 50% when they were growing so I think I am ok. How many days does it usually take to dry in a tent. I will get some turkey bags to cure in. Do you only use Bovida packs when you jar them up or do you use them during the cure in the turkey bags

Nice looking produce you have there PC. Stay safe

20200326_162142-jpg.2086597

Like Shed said. ^^^ Boveda packs are for long storage only. I use Turkey bags for curing only and never would put Boveda in there.
Now tent drying anywhere from 4-7 days depending on bud mass and rh in the tent. I would take that rh meter and hang it in the tent about bud height to keep an eye on what's going on in there.
I personally don't use Boveda packs even though I have boxes of them. I jar with rh at 62% and lopin says that's too moist for her taste so early on she'll take a bud out about an hour early before she wants to vape or smoke it. After some time she leave it out less time. By the time the jar is empty it's about where she likes it.

:bravo: on the final chop PCa! Those are some great meds you grew there with a little help from Mr Duggs!

I hear that a lot but it only applies to folks in lower RH climates. If your ambient RH is in the 60s and 70s, whole plant hanging without trimming can be dicey.

Remember that once your buds drop into the low 50's RH, the cure is over and done whether you rehydrate or not. If the RH is really as low as 30% in there keep close track of them. You may have to cut them down early and burp them over time to make sure you don't overshoot your mark.

Mr. Krip has the science (starts here) and Weaselcracker has the taste test.
Thanks Shed I read through them. Now I have a better understanding of the practice of drying and curing

Back
Top Bottom