PCaddict's 1st Grow Journal

It will be tight using the quadlining tech.
I need room too My big ass would be in their bumping into them knocking them over and breaking them so maybe I should only do 4 would that be better if so I gotta figure out which one I will not run

Yeah I don't want it to get it too tight I need room to move around so I can water and foliar and spray do all the stuff with Doc Buds Kit

IMG_20191008_080427[1].jpg

Well now I hear that for Doc Buds I need to do the one gallon pot not the solo cup thing. They said for Docs kit it would be best to start in 1 gallon pots so I will have to be careful not to over water the seedlings. I bought some 1 gal. starter pots so since I have them I guess I will use them. I am glad to be getting this all sorted out now, Maybe Mr. Duggan will chime in and get me straight since I will be doing Docs Kit. :slide: :surf:

Now that the Doc Buds people have chimed in I will start in the 1gal. pot Thanks all those who have helped I am glad I have down time to get things all sorted out before I start. I will be doing quadlining and only do 4 plants I hope my Big Ass and bad back hands feet etc. can get around the plants ok to foliar feed and water/ drench. This is the Best Forum on the net for growing, Quadlining and Doc Buds both started here and probably others I don't know about. That's impressive

Well now I hear that for Doc Buds I need to do the one gallon pot not the solo cup thing. They said for Docs kit it would be best to start in 1 gallon pots so I will have to be careful not to over water the seedlings. I bought some 1 gal. starter pots so since I have them I guess I will use them. I am glad to be getting this all sorted out now, Maybe Mr. Duggan will chime in and get me straight since I will be doing Docs Kit. :slide: :surf:

OK Its a bit ANAL and probably overkill but the way I handle the 1 gal pots
is to use a cheap POSTAL SCALE fill 1 gal pot with basicaly dry COOKED soil,
weight the pot, record the weight. Thats the dry weight now add a few ounces to that
number, THATS your target weight.

If you weigh them once a day at lights on you will see EXACTLY the amount they
are taking in and you will be able to estimate EXACTLY how much to dribble when
its a close call to wait for the next lights on watering, just add enough to get them to
the next lights on .

Doing it this way I never loose bottom leafs to fade, Hell the embryonic leafs have been
there until Up-pot. OH i also wait for daily dunks as the signal to up-pot

EDIT: i dunk and drain the 1 gal starter pot before I sink the seed.
takes approx 10 days to 2 weeks for the first time dunk (young seedling)
to use up the available water, seems to be around 7 days to the second
dunk. Gets faster from there unitl daily dunks

OK Its a bit ANAL and probably overkill but the way I handle the 1 gal pots
is to use a cheap POSTAL SCALE fill 1 gal pot with basicaly dry COOKED soil,
weight the pot, record the weight. Thats the dry weight now add a few ounces to that
number THATS your target weight.

If you weigh them once a day at lights on you will see EXACTLY the amount they
are taking in and you will be able to estimate EXACTLY how much to dribble when
its a close call to wait for the next lights on watering, just add enough to get them to
the next lights on .

Doing it this way I never loose bottom leafs to fade, Hell the embryonic leafs have been
there until Up-pot. OH i also wait for daily dunks as the signal to up-pot
The daily dunks how do you do that ? I know I need to learn how to use Docs kit Great ides to weigh the pots that way no over water or under water Thanks

The daily dunks how do you do that ? I know I need to learn how to use Docs kit Great ides to weigh the pots that way no over water or under water Thanks

Its how Doc does it, just water when dry until it becomes a pain in the ass and
your chasing your tail trying to keep them from drying out. Takes some Dribble
estimated action to keep them hydrated at daily dunks

Its how Doc does it, just water when dry until it becomes a pain in the ass and
your chasing your tail trying to keep them from drying out. Takes some Dribble
estimated action to keep them hydrated at daily dunks
so a little water every day between the drenches Dribbles of water not a soaking. Do you ever give just the tea or is it always mixed with the drenches ?

Oh its a bit hard to overwater with the kit if you are dunking
the process is to figure out how much water the pot will hold.

I have found using my 1 gal pot and a 1.5 gal bucket to dunk into
I need to add 12 cups H20 + 4.0ML Drench + 0.7 TEA added to the H20.
AFTER Dunk and very well drained, back and forth until no dripping from bottom
I will have 4 cups left over (that means 2/3 amount of product added has stayed in the pot).

OH I have also found the amount of time in the dunk is IMPORTANT you dont want the
roots sitting in a anaerobic condition for to long SO i ONLY dunk for 4 minutes

Oh its a bit hard to overwater with the kit if you are dunking
the process is to figure out how much water the pot will hold.

I have found using my 1 gal pot and a 1.5 gal bucket to dunk into
I need to add 12 cups H20 + 4.0ML Drench + 0.7 TEA added to the H20.
AFTER Dunk and very well drained, back and forth until no dripping from bottom
I will have 4 cups left over (that means 2/3 amount of product added has stayed in the pot).

OH I have also found the amount of time in the dunk is IMPORTANT you dont want the
roots sitting in a anaerobic condition for to long SO i ONLY dunk for 4 minutes
So do you ever just water what about in the 7gal. pot do I need a couple containers to fit the 7 gal. pot into so I can dunk it ? :slide:

so a little water every day between the drenches Dribbles of water not a soaking. Do you ever give just the tea or is it always mixed with the drenches ?

No I do not Dribble between drunks UNLESS I need to extend the drying time to the next morning.
This happens when I notice she will be dry before the next lights on (I only dunk morning at lights on)
I may do some light Dribble during the first few weeks when it takes longer to dry out, I only use enough
to keep the top layer of soil slightly moist (1 oz max) This is to keep the microbes active in the top and
keeps the roots spreading out while looking for THE H20

So do you ever just water what about in the 7gal. pot do I need a couple containers to fit the 7 gal. pot into so I can dunk it ? :slide:

Very difficult to DUNK a 7 gal pot, It gets very heavy once the H20 is added ;)
I dont dunk the large pots I just figure out exactly how much they will hold before
runoff starts and I only use that amount.

Oh I do the lift method while in the large pots. Dont let plants in flower GET bone dry
I water before that

Still working on a LARGE POT Dunk idea

If i can ever find a digital scale that does not AUTO-OFF and reset I will add that
to the bottom of my 10 gal pot.

No I do not Dribble between drunks UNLESS I need to extend the drying time to the next morning.
This happens when I notice she will be dry before the next lights on (I only dunk morning at lights on)
I may do some light Dribble during the first few weeks when it takes longer to dry out, I only use enough
to keep the top layer of soil slightly moist (1 oz max) This is to keep the microbes active in the top and
keeps the roots spreading out while looking for THE H20
Do you only dunk in the 1 gal. pots or do you continue when up potted to a 7gal. pot ?

Do you only dunk in the 1 gal. pots or do you continue when up potted to a 7gal. pot ?

At this time I ONLY DUNK 1 Gal pots. Back wont allow me to Dunk a 10 g pot, but
if you can DUNK the 7 gal pots its MUCH MUCH Better and actually recommended just
remember you have to LIFT it while still full of liquid and HOLD it over something to
drain into for an extended period of time

1570910549811.png

Back
Top Bottom