PCaddict's 1st Grow Journal

My pack could have been old stock or something. I hope you have better luck then I have had with them but then you know a lot better of what to do but I think I have everything right. they stay wet in the PTs sitting on a plate on top of my receiver which gives it a little heat and as thick as the PTs are folded up there is no way they are getting light, so I think all the variables are right
your doing it rite that happens that's but if the others don't crack I would complain where you bought them they'll likely replace them!

did u soak them in water for 24 hours
No just straight into the paper towels I may soak it in H2O+H2O2 for the rest of the day or until tomorrow morning

your doing it rite that happens that's but if the others don't crack I would complain where you bought them they'll likely replace them!
Yeah I got them for Seedsman I'm not sure what their policy is about seeds not germinating I will have to contact support and see what they say

I am only going to put the GL in a cup of H2O + H2O2 until tomorrow then into the paper towels if it hasn't cracked yet but I think the Gold Leaf seed will do fine

My pack could have been old stock or something. I hope you have better luck then I have had with them but then you know a lot better of what to do but I think I have everything right. they stay wet in the PTs sitting on a plate on top of my receiver which gives it a little heat and as thick as the PTs are folded up there is no way they are getting light, so I think all the variables are right
Remember that they need air as well, maybe your paper towels are stacked to thick.

what kind of water are you using I use r/o or filtered if I have some aloe on hand ill add a tiny bit to a cup of water then pour that over your pt you want it puddled on the dish if you don't have aloe you could do h2o2 a tiny bit that's exactly how I do it and most not all pop and even though they crack it doesn't mean there going to grow and sometimes they'll pop up and die its all part of it you got to tak the good with the bad ond move forward ok enough babble!

Warmth , air , moisture. The trifecta. First time got seeds they said to follow their procedure or they won’t replace them. So now I always do it that way. 20 hours in shot glass of bottled water. Then into the paper towel. No bag. I put them on a plate in a warm dry spot in my cupboard. Once they have a bit of a tap root I plant them.

last time I cut some jiffy pods in half and placed them inside and folded them back together. This worked well and will likely do again for hydro grows.

Everyone has their method and once something works why change right?

The extreme methods are only required for old stock. I think everything I have bought and used quickly from a breeder has a tap root in a little over 24 hours.

I had a bunch of these old Columbian golds and I couldn’t get them to pop with any method. They were old and not stored properly. Too bad so sad.

sending positive vibes to your seeds PC. You will get another.
:blunt: :snowboating:

Warmth , air , moisture. The trifecta. First time got seeds they said to follow their procedure or they won’t replace them. So now I always do it that way. 20 hours in shot glass of bottled water. Then into the paper towel. No bag. I put them on a plate in a warm dry spot in my cupboard. Once they have a bit of a tap root I plant them.

last time I cut some jiffy pods in half and placed them inside and folded them back together. This worked well and will likely do again for hydro grows.

Everyone has their method and once something works why change right?

The extreme methods are only required for old stock. I think everything I have bought and used quickly from a breeder has a tap root in a little over 24 hours.

I had a bunch of these old Columbian golds and I couldn’t get them to pop with any method. They were old and not stored properly. Too bad so sad.

sending positive vibes to your seeds PC. You will get another.
:blunt: :snowboating:
Thank You for the Positive Vibes. This time around Duggan said use the PTs and not to put them in a baggie so that's how I am doing it , Maybe they will have more air that way as opposed to putting them in a paper towel then inside a baggie so I am hoping they will crack now. I think the GL will make it just gota wait and see

Yes only issue with no baggie is staying on top of keeping it moist. If it’s in a warm dry place it will dry out fairly quickly. I check mine at 8 hours max.
I have noticed the PTs drying out a lot faster when I don't use a baggie. I have been staying on top of keeping it wet. I dried out a bit over night but not totally dry

I like to see a puddle rite before bed then first thing check them!
That's exactly what I did Lol I knew by the time I get up they would be dryer and I would need to water them again I also made sure there was a little water on the plate before I went to bed so the PTs could soak it up as needed. Thanks for the great advise I might not have thought about it.
:morenutes: Oh yeah I just had a bite of some of my Canna Butter so in an hour or two I will be doing Groovy

That's exactly what I did Lol I knew by the time I get up they would be dryer and I would need to water them again I also made sure there was a little water on the plate before I went to bed so the PTs could soak it up as needed. Thanks for the great advise I might not have thought about it.
:morenutes: Oh yeah I just had a bite of some of my Canna Butter so in an hour or two I will be doing Groovy
enjoy brother!

Back
Top Bottom