PCaddict's 1st Grow Journal

For next spring I have a few regular seed that was gifted to me that I am going to try. I am a newb so I don't trust myself to determine sex well enough to run them this time but for my next run next spring I want to pop a few and try them. I don't want them pollenating the other plants
Don't be afraid to run regular seeds! As long as you have the great minds of 420 mag checking out your pics you won't be pollinating anything. That's part of the reason your here...to get good advice!
How many plants can I fit in my 5X5 tent ? I am hoping to run one of each that would be 5 plants total or can I run more ? Not sur how big they will get once they start flowering , If I can do five that would be good then in the spring I plan to run more
Kind of an obvious answer, but it depends on the size of the pots and how long you veg!

Don't be afraid to run regular seeds! As long as you have the great minds of 420 mag checking out your pics you won't be pollinating anything. That's part of the reason your here...to get good advice!

Kind of an obvious answer, but it depends on the size of the pots and how long you veg!
I am planning to use 7 gal fabric pots and not sure on veg times yet that's something I was going to ask about as I go along I have only done outside one time so they kind of did their own thing, Thanks for the responses:D

Grab some 7 gallon pots and see how many you can fit wall to wall in the tent (with air gaps in between for evaporation). That's your max! Then you need to figure out whether you will be training flat and wide like a scrog or more like a quadline that goes up even with the pot edges. They take up less room but require excellent light penetration because you end up with taller plants.

You could easily fill a 5x5 with just 4 plants in 7 gallon pots, but there are so many variables that you need to decide on first.

Grab some 7 gallon pots and see how many you can fit wall to wall in the tent (with air gaps in between for evaporation). That's your max! Then you need to figure out whether you will be training flat and wide like a scrog or more like a quadline that goes up even with the pot edges. They take up less room but require excellent light penetration because you end up with taller plants.

You could easily fill a 5x5 with just 4 plants in 7 gallon pots, but there are so many variables that you need to decide on first.
I am such a newb I thank You, I hadn't even thought of that I knew that they will be bushed out past the edges of the pot but I didn't think of all that Thank you. So I need to find some threads about quad lining, training flat, SCROG, etc. All I have done is topped, FIMming, and LST everything else is new

I need a couple links to some good indoor training techniques like quad lining SCROG etc. I have done Low Stress Training Topping and FIMming but everything else is new so I would like to watch a few videos read some threads etc. I have searched for good threads but I haven't found any that explains them very well

OK another newb question. I trust the good folks on this site to get me going in the right direction so the question is Can I plant the seed right in This or do I need to pop the seed first, I have never used one of These also how wet does it need to be do I need to keep it wet or let it dry just a little ? I know these are newb questions but I really don't know

1665353401913.png

You could germinate and plant in those starters or plant directly in your pot.
I was hoping to plant right in the pot so I will just put the seed right in its final 7gal. pot Thanks Penny I am also thinking of trying Quadlining I need to get some big squeeze type paper clips to tie the girls down Lol. Does anyone have a link for a video showing the quadlining I would like to get a better mental image of it in practice I found a couple threads on it but its so much better in a video to really see what is happening

You could germinate and plant in those starters or plant directly in your pot.
Do I need to pop the seed before I put it in the final pot ? Or can I just put the seen about 1/4 inch down in the pot

I would germinate the seed then plant but you could put it the final pot as is. It will take a while to establish roots before it takes off is all.
OK I will germinate first in a wet paper towel inside of a baggie Thanks again Penny

Do I need to pop the seed before I put it in the final pot ? Or can I just put the seen about 1/4 inch down in the pot
the only reason I put them in a wet towel is because I want to see the seed crack so I have a good idea its going grow but its not necessary if you put it straight into the medium make sure it stays moist not soaked!

the only reason I put them in a wet towel is because I want to see the seed crack so I have a good idea its going grow but its not necessary if you put it straight into the medium make sure it stays moist not soaked!
I think I am goin to germinate first in a paper towel. :surf:

Back
Top Bottom