PCaddict's 1st Grow Journal

I make all my olive oil caps in the MB2, as long as you remember there's a 2 cup minimum.
Yeah that two cup min. is a pain I have to have an Oz. to make anything and I don't have any I have grown so I have to buy it so its hard to come up with enough for an Oz. Once I harvest this next crop I hope that changes and I will have enough to tied me over while my next harvest this time next year. Which is my reason for wanting a pure strain of high CBD so the Candida then some 1:1 THC/CBD stuff and I have other strains high in THC to mix the Candida with, the reason for my choices this run

Yeah that two cup min. is a pain I have to have an Oz. to make anything and I don't have any I have grown so I have to buy it so its hard to come up with enough for an Oz. Once I harvest this next crop I hope that changes and I will have enough to tied me over while my next harvest this time next year. Which is my reason for wanting a pure strain of high CBD so the Candida then some 1:1 THC/CBD stuff and I have other strains high in THC to mix the Candida with, the reason for my choices this run
ardent's site says to decarb anything more than 1:1, cbd (meaning 2/1+). just fyi. if u don't have it in product- go with more solvent, or whatever you're willing to boil off. do that kinda meltdown, outdoors, please.

That's confusing. Anything you want to convert from the acid form to the non-acid form needs to be decarbed: THCa to THC or CBDa to CBD, regardless of the ratios.
and they're sayin twice, for anything 2/1, or higher. they provide data. I've read no other studies on it.

I make all my olive oil caps in the MB2, as long as you remember there's a 2 cup minimum.
Does it matter what type of Olive Oil, Virgen , Cold Press , First press etc. ?

Every cannabinoid you want the non-acid version of needs to be decarbed regardless of how much of some other type of cannabinoid there is in the plant.
right, but twice? i do it because theirs r the only ones with data, I've found. still works so i dunno, but wouldn't want to damage, by crisping, unnecessarily.
the gentleman about the caps- some oils dissolve some caps so test, fitst.

I will put then in the fridge in brown paper bags for 7 days turning once a day then into jars burp twice a day for two weeks them Decarb and make some butter in the Magic Butter machine. I do like the thought of making capsules though now to find a good article on making Cannabis Oil Caps. I think I can use the MBM for making olive oil caps.
My guess is the rh will still be too high to jar up after only 1 week in the fridge. To check, put some buds in a jar with a little hygrometer and close the lid and check it in a couple hours. If it’s higher than 70 you will be at a higher risk of mold if you jar them up then. I would plan on 2 weeks in the fridge at least. That’s the slow part. Lol. But chlorophyll will not be an issue with the dried buds from the fridge. A big benefit of low and slow drying. If you are looking for a quick turnaround for making some edibles then maybe consider hanging what will dry to about an Oz that you will need for the MB2. Put the rest in the fridge for the low and slow drying and follow that with a good cure. Mmmm. Sounds like a winning combo!

Twice? Standard oil infusion is not done at decarb temperatures. Not even close. Most infusion is done in the 160-180ºF range. You can't decarb at those temps.
agreed.

My guess is the rh will still be too high to jar up after only 1 week in the fridge. To check, put some buds in a jar with a little hygrometer and close the lid and check it in a couple hours. If it’s higher than 70 you will be at a higher risk of mold if you jar them up then. I would plan on 2 weeks in the fridge at least. That’s the slow part. Lol. But chlorophyll will not be an issue with the dried buds from the fridge. A big benefit of low and slow drying. If you are looking for a quick turnaround for making some edibles then maybe consider hanging what will dry to about an Oz that you will need for the MB2. Put the rest in the fridge for the low and slow drying and follow that with a good cure. Mmmm. Sounds like a winning combo!
Thanks Magoo once again. That clears things up a little better for me I was thinking it was one week in the fridge Glad you straightened that up for me. The only place we have to dry for now is the garage and its getting too cold for that so low and slow it is. After 2 weeks in the fridge should it be ready to decarb ?

Twice? Standard oil infusion is not done at decarb temperatures. Not even close. Most infusion is done in the 160-180ºF range. You can't decarb at those temps.
Shed what type of capsules would I buy for infused oil. also what type of Olive oil would I use Virgin , Cold press etc.

Shed what type of capsules would I buy for infused oil. also what type of Olive oil would I use Virgin , Cold press etc.
I'm no vegetarian so I get Now brand gelatin 00 size capsules from Amazon. They don't dissolve at all with the oil. And I just use the Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) we get from Trader Joe's.
I am sorry for all the Newb questions I have never done most of this before
You ask, we answer! Don't worry about it :high-five:

I'm no vegetarian so I get Now brand gelatin 00 size capsules from Amazon. They don't dissolve at all with the oil. And I just use the Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) we get from Trader Joe's.

You ask, we answer! Don't worry about it :high-five:
Is This the ones you get? I don't want something that will dissolve before I can take it. I am really liking the idea of doing capsules as much as making edibles Hell Maybe Both :snowboating:

1665118651538.png

Back
Top Bottom