PCaddict's 1st Grow Journal

Thanks...I’ll take a look
I spent a lot of money on soil mixes before I found Docs thread I wish I had found it before I spent all the money. I have an upcoming grow with Docs gear that I am really looking forward to. From what I have read and seen on these forums once you try Docs system you don't go back. Its in Organic soil and its kind of like adding amendments feeding the soil and building the energy in the soil along with other things. Its not like using Nutes although you are adding things to the soil and Foliar sprays

For anyone growing on a cold cement floor, use 2" foam board. It works like a charm
It's 20$ for a 4'x8' sheet. Here's a pic of some on bottom of my tent
i know if not a craft shop, or elsewhere, there r garage door slats, varying in thickness, u can get in plywood sized strips. one side of some... has a sheeting that looks an awful lot like mylar...

Thank You Now to wait for them to be born and become seedlings, More waiting Ugh
The one thing consistent with everyone's grow is the test of patience. Good to see tails on the seeds and soon we'll see the little sprout. Good job @PCaddict :bongrip:

:nomo:...holding a Stella..:ganjamon:
i know it's noon, somewhere. i just found a vfw that carries it on draft! sounds sooo good, right now.

As most who live in the northern hemisphere are coming into winter now when growing inside is the only viable option and the cost goes up with added heat and humidifiers and dehumidifiers. And all the normal stuff ph meter,fans and all that other crap needed for a successful grow.
My point being u got to b patient PC once u get a grow or two under your belt u can just let it ride but the first one is a learning experience. With everyone helping in there own way, u can’t loose!
Don’t overwater it’s the biggest mistake nubies make. Along with not phing water correctly.
they'll talk to u. an example would b a timelapse grow vid. u can see how they shrug n perk up to feedings... dryin out, can look very similar, to an overage, too... so besides color n mutation, there's that.
mornin, pc! I'm catchin up. u updated a ton, yesterday afternoon so... before i ask what they're doin, I'll check n c if u already mentioned em.

11:32 where I am right now. I good Cold beer is sounding good right now. I will have one with my lunch later. Left over Pizza and a good cold beer sounds Yummy

they'll talk to u. an example would b a timelapse grow vid. u can see how they shrug n perk up to feedings... dryin out, can look very similar, to an overage, too... so besides color n mutation, there's that.
mornin, pc! I'm catchin up. u updated a ton, yesterday afternoon so... before i ask what they're doin, I'll check n c if u already mentioned em.
They are in the pot still waiting to be born. More waiting :(

I spent a lot of money on soil mixes before I found Docs thread I wish I had found it before I spent all the money. I have an upcoming grow with Docs gear that I am really looking forward to. From what I have read and seen on these forums once you try Docs system you don't go back. Its in Organic soil and its kind of like adding amendments feeding the soil and building the energy in the soil along with other things. Its not like using Nutes although you are adding things to the soil and Foliar sprays
lmao. i don't care what ur medium is- have we not all done the exact same thing? i just "donated" a storage room, full of gear. u know when u meet someone and u just know? that's this couple. guy retains EVERYTHING he reads and applies it. he's so fwd thinking, I'm talkin bout classes, as a kid, that he's only now, applying, 20some yrs, later, building a home, ground up... and while log cabins r gorgeous, he's gone contemporary, in an area it's highly unusual for. amazing! i wanted to see what he could do, with 660w, in hydro... and handed him over 10lbs of research. that was last wk. he's already read half... tell me, it's not self serving! he can keep desirable genetics goin, if i don't have space! & what doesn't work for me- works for them so it's kinda symbiotically perfect!

lmao, pc! u certainly have my blessing, for an early lunch!
I'm envisioning 100+ followers, readin whatcha said, thinkin, "oh, geez... i know exactly what he's goin through".
know any OTHER doctors? just have em put u in a mild coma, for a quarter, and you'll b fine. i hear stella works...

Of course I had to open the tent and check on them but nothing has happened yet. Probably still a few days away from them breaking through the soil.

Quick question someone told me and I forgot, When do you consider them as being in Veg. and no longer a seedling. I want to know so I can mark it on my calendar when they are in Veg. And how long do I veg for before flipping them into flower. I have only done the greenhouse grow once and mother nature takes care of the veg and flower time so I really don't know for an indoor grow. I know more Newb questions Lol.
:snowboating:

A seedling has not yet established its root system down to the bottom of the container and still will swim around if watered too aggressively. As soon as the seedling has "established" itself in the soil (2-3 days above ground) I start counting veg.
Vegging can be done as long as you like... in 1 month they are mature enough to flip, and then after that it really is a matter of personal preference... and how big you want the final plant to be. Most times, consideration must be made for available vertical space, because whatever height they are at the end of veg is usually at least doubled as they switch to bloom, and some varieties gain even more vertical height than that.
I have heard a old farmer's rule that when topping and retopping a plant older than 1 1/2 months old, that every extra week in veg after that point will double the eventual yield, provided a large enough container to support that large of a plant.

could've come straight from a book!, miss em! i bet she has an English bulldog, on her "desk" (james bond reference).
pc, does mentor have u set to manipulate em, or au natural, first go?

A seedling has not yet established its root system down to the bottom of the container and still will swim around if watered too aggressively. As soon as the seedling has "established" itself in the soil (2-3 days above ground) I start counting veg.
Vegging can be done as long as you like... in 1 month they are mature enough to flip, and then after that it really is a matter of personal preference... and how big you want the final plant to be. Most times, consideration must be made for available vertical space, because whatever height they are at the end of veg is usually at least doubled as they switch to bloom, and in some varieties gain even more vertical height than that.
I have heard a old farmer's rule that when topping and retopping a plant older than 1 1/2 months old, that every extra week in veg after that point will double the eventual yield, provided a large enough container to support that large of a plant.
Thank you Emilye that is helpful.

could've come straight from a book!, miss em! i bet she has an English bulldog, on her "desk" (james bond reference).
Not sure what Duggan has in mind but I want to quadline them for the early training so a little topping maybe some FIMing and due to having two strains I think I will need to super crop them so a few new things to learn on this coming grow. I have topped and FIMd before but never quadlined or super cropped. This is going to be FUN :surf:

9E563C66-E3C3-4261-B718-CDB6E72209F8.jpeg

pc, i grabbed some dates n pics for u, just to give u a general idea/timeline. but YouTube, if nowhere else, has tons of timelapse, for u to critique... nah, j/k-, but so u truly can compare ur own progress. it's awesome, when u can find someone doin ur style/doc brix... at the same stage, or just ahead of u.
so gimme a min to coordinate, better than i collected the intel... not at all, show off pics, that was yesterday! ;D

unfortunately, for me... i couldn't find any comparable aero grows.

there ya go, pc. hope the timeline helps. i did not encourage any speed, from these... i was highwire acting the balance that is perpetual/harvest/ripening/flushing & seedlings, r harder to time to fill holes, than clones.
unless doc says otherwise- cloning machine... those handy bastages, who all stalk YOU... can do better for u, than the hundy-ish, i spent; WORTH IT!

there ya go, pc. hope the timeline helps. i did not encourage any speed, from these... i was highwire acting the balance that is perpetual/harvest/ripening/flushing & seedlings, r harder to time to fill holes, than clones.
unless doc says otherwise- cloning machine... those handy bastages, who all stalk YOU... can do better for u, than the hundy-ish, i spent; WORTH IT!
Thank You for the pics I see those are all in veg and it looks like some are ready to flip to flower in less you want them to veg longer. You have some that look like they are in flower now are they autos ?

Back
Top Bottom