PCaddict's 1st Grow Journal

forgot to mention- I'd read about limp's situation, AFTER 2 humidifiers. with regular fans, if limp had those drip pans, or similar, with puddles= similar effect.
i would imagine, between the blurb and limp's Frankenstein monster- if u NEED more, that's the way, hands down. i would think an open pan, shallow puddle, big opening- for less aggressive, increase.

limp, u just lower the lvl, if it gets too high? random paint bucket?
very cool! patent it! make ur mills!

I did not use the saucer for water tray because it dried out too fast for my liking. Buckets hold more water and i have more control of the humidity. If i want more humudity, id take that blue towel and just dunk it soaked then raise it up high enough for the fan to blow through while half of the towel is still submerged. If i want to lower the humidity, i let the towel dry out while fan is still blowing across and sometime i turn off the fan too.

Afternoon PC, (morning for me) Could we get a overview shot of the whole set up? Wanna see how high the lights are and wonder if you had lowered em?

:thumb: have a great day!
for some reason my phone is not saving my pictures. But my light is set st 20 inches away from the top of the pot which is what Duggan said to do. I will ask him if he thinks my lights are too far away. They may be due to the amount of stretch they have so far. Thank You for catching that. I am going to have to figure out why my phone isn't saving my pics anymore :surf:

for some reason my phone is not saving my pictures. But my light is set st 20 inches away from the top of the pot which is what Duggan said to do. I will ask him if he thinks my lights are too far away. They may be due to the amount of stretch they have so far. Thank You for catching that. I am going to have to figure out why my phone isn't saving my pics anymore :surf:

With seedlings and clones, less light is more. You only want minimal amount of light at first, too much can stress the young plant out and it's not at the age where it can deal with added stress. I believe Duggan told you somewhere to use only one cob and dim it down.

With seedlings and clones, less light is more. You only want minimal amount of light at first, too much can stress the young plant out and it's not at the age where it can deal with added stress. I believe Duggan told you somewhere to use only one cob and dim it down.
Yeah he said use one COB but didn't say anything about dimming it I would have to take the driver off to dim it. I am waiting on a response from Duggan about adjusting it

Removing the driver is overkill, I was just trying to emphasize on less light. Warm(ish) medium, moist air and soft lighting is the path to success.

Edit - think like a forest floor in the Amazon.

Duggan is mentoring me and he says leave it where it is and do not adjust the light so I am going with that but Thank You to everyone who has commented I am filing away the info everyone is giving me so I do appreciate everyone's input and sorry if my post sounds weird or like I am not listening, I am Thanks once again

I judge where the led needs to be by what the plant tells me. Check your plants 3 hours before the end of the day cycle. If they are not still pointing at the light , you are giving too much DLI. Took me 3 grows to figure that out.
What is DLI Duggan says to use 16/8 hours on and off. I have to figure out what time they are going off and coming back on though

Daily light integral (DLI) describes the number of photosynthetically active photons (individual particles of light in the 400-700 nm range) that are delivered to a specific area over a 24-hour period. This variable is particularly useful to describe the light environment of plants.

which might be why he said leave it alone. Hehas reduced your DLI by reducing hours instead of light intensity.

Well the one is a dud it has not broke the surface. I started another seed early yesterday it has not cracked yet I think it needs another day or so. I didn't put it in a glass of water first just straight into the paper towel in a baggie and it is setting at 77.7 degrease so I have my fingers crossed that it is a good seed and will make it to become a seedling. I have had trouble with seeds cracking and then coming up through the soil. Now the one will be behind the others. out of 9 seeds so far I have only 3 seedlings. But I gave my buddy the 4 seeds that finally cracked. He has two seedling from it so far but I bet there will be more cause they all finally split open

Remember the ones in the Supercoll Super Soil only need water don't get them confused with the others and give them nutes. all they need is water and maybe a little compost tea later on in flower. Everything they need is in the soil. Just keep them warm and don't over water. Let them get dry so the roots will grow.

Stop by. More the merrier :headbanger: I have a question about the seedlings. Did he use a cold plug method? If I remember correctly subcools mix is too hot for seedlings
It has been cooking for about 12 weeks or so but no plugs he just planted right in the soil two have popped their heads up and still waiting on two to break the surface of the soil. I hope its not too hot

It has been cooking for about 12 weeks or so but no plugs he just planted right in the soil two have popped their heads up and still waiting on two to break the surface of the soil. I hope its not too hot
Subcool suggest putting the SS on bottom half as it's hot and top half of cold or not as hot soil for young plants. If they look good, not burnt then I'm sure they are ok. What I've been doing is using straight FFOF from seedlings to veg ( no nutes ) then SS for bloom. I start my first sprouts in organic seedling soil mix. Then after it gets somewhat established in a solo I put it in the FF to veg until bloom

I will have to remember that when I do my outdoor grow in the greenhouse next spring I will need to get some more FFOF to use for seedlings and only fill the pots halfway with SCSS. Now that you mentioned it I did see that in a video when I was mixing soils Dam memory lol

What is DLI Duggan says to use 16/8 hours on and off. I have to figure out what time they are going off and coming back on though
Hi pc, I usually pick the offtime when electricity is at its most ex$$$$$$ or call it prime time when usage goes up and the electric co. Try’s to stick it to u.
On another note one of the gorilla glue tailed in less than 24 hours and the other is swelling up nicely.

Back
Top Bottom