PCaddict's 1st Grow Journal

I am trying to figure out what times it goes off and comes back on so I can set it to be on mostly at night I checked last night at 12:30 and checked again at 9 this morning and they were on so I think I have it set close I have checked at 8 in the morning and they were off so I know it is going on and off just not sure what time they go off cause I am usually a sleep by 10 or 10:30 so its hard to figure out.

Hi PC, just dropped in to see the progress so far....so good :thumb: Keep it up. The one that popped seems to b a bit strechie to my eye, can u lower the light a bit to compensate? Btw I just pulled the trigger on 2 gorilla glue autos, soaking in h20+h202 in shot glasses on top of my grow light till they
Crack and tail. Fingers crossed that the weed gods are with us all.
Yesterday was Election Day, ok here it comes..... Q: what’s the biggest problem with political jokes?
A: too many of them get re-elected. :rofl: :rofl::rofl: Isent it the truth.

Subcool suggest putting the SS on bottom half as it's hot and top half of cold or not as hot soil for young plants. If they look good, not burnt then I'm sure they are ok. What I've been doing is using straight FFOF from seedlings to veg ( no nutes ) then SS for bloom. I start my first sprouts in organic seedling soil mix. Then after it gets somewhat established in a solo I put it in the FF to veg until bloom
What should he do ? Should he take the seedlings out and fill it half way in the top of his fabric pot with the soil he has been using it is potting soil with added perlite and Coco

What should he do ? Should he take the seedlings out and fill it half way in the top of his fabric pot with the soil he has been using it is potting soil with added perlite and Coco
If they don't have issues, I'd just leave them where they are. If they are getting fried I'd move them to the less hot soil. If they look good then don't worry. Let it roll :headbanger: ..... :)

Seedlings are remarkably resilient. Let them adapt to this strong soil and then they will take off like a rocket. Trying to move them and possibly breaking the roots and exposing them to light... can you say, "shock" ? Just do it right the next time and save a lot of money on supersoil. And actually, Subcool recommends filling only the bottom third of the container with the good stuff. :peace: :love:

Berry-D'licious No AACT Organic - Grow Journal
Pineapple Chunk Mega Crop Test - Grow Journal

Yesterday was Election Day, ok here it comes..... Q: what’s the biggest problem with political jokes?
A: too many of them get re-elected. :rofl: :rofl::rofl: Isent it the truth.
My car was broke down so I couldn't make it to vote Dam it

Seedlings are remarkably resilient. Let them adapt to this strong soil and then they will take off like a rocket. Trying to move them and possibly breaking the roots and exposing them to light... can you say, "shock" ? Just do it right the next time and save a lot of money on supersoil. And actually, Subcool recommends filling only the bottom third of the container with the good stuff. :peace: :love:

Thanks Emilya I was thinking it would be bad to try to repot them in not so hot soil. He sent me pictures of the two that are seedlings and they look fine so he should be all right. Glad we made the mistake and now know what to do next spring. I just hope I don't forget by then. Some times the school of hard knocks is the Best way to learn. Any way Thanks for the input. That will also help save a little by not using all SCSS. How would Promix BX do for the not so hot soil I can get it locally for a good price and just add some Perlite to make it closer to what the Promix HP is. I am using it for my DBHBB soil should I add EWC to the stuff I use to finish filling the other two thirds of the pots with. The FFOF I know is good but it is pricy and like I said I can go a couple miles and get the Promix BX they don't have the HP and the DBHBB people say it is the same with just less perlite and I have a Big bag of perlite I can add some to it
:high-five:

Thanks Emilya I was thinking it would be bad to try to repot them in not so hot soil. He sent me pictures of the two that are seedlings and they look fine so he should be all right. Glad we made the mistake and now know what to do next spring. I just hope I don't forget by then. Some times the school of hard knocks is the Best way to learn. Any way Thanks for the input. That will also help save a little by not using all SCSS. How would Promix BX do for the not so hot soil I can get it locally for a good price and just add some Perlite to make it closer to what the Promix HP is. I am using it for my DBHBB soil should I add EWC to the stuff I use to finish filling the other two thirds of the pots with. The FFOF I know is good but it is pricy and like I said I can go a couple miles and get the Promix BX they don't have the HP and the DBHBB people say it is the same with just less perlite and I have a Big bag of perlite I can add.
yes, that will work just fine. The advantage of using a good organic base like FFOF is that after the grow you can just mix that with the supersoil, add it to the compost bin and you eventually end up with more supersoil. With the BX you will want to separate that at the end of the grow when you are reclaiming your supersoil for another round.

yes, that will work just fine. The advantage of using a good organic base like FFOF is that after the grow you can just mix that with the supersoil, add it to the compost bin and you eventually end up with more supersoil. With the BX you will want to separate that at the end of the grow when you are reclaiming your supersoil for another round.

That being the case I will probably go with the FFOF I want a living soil I can just keep composting and reusing I Love the idea of going total Organic and having an LOS that keeps getting better and use it over and over. Thanks again for the words of wisdom

I'm not layering my big plants at all. They go from #1's straight into bigger pots Full of SS. I've done that with 5 gallon buckets, #7's and #3's all with no issues in flower. Sub runs #15's in bloom so I can see the logic in layering. But for smaller pots I'd be worried about them running out of food. There's really not that big of a difference when you go to stuff a #1 into a #3. Like 3" in height

If they don't have issues, I'd just leave them where they are. If they are getting fried I'd move them to the less hot soil. If they look good then don't worry. Let it roll :headbanger: ..... :)
Thanks Dank He only had one come up the others are still lagging trying to be born. Maybe the soil was too hot for them

i saw u. lots, on my- still cloudy- mind. sorry. lemme grab my proctologist's "pipe" and have a look. now, just bend over...

I don't have a humidifier or Dehumidifier but the tent is at 38% RH and 75 degrease so I will just have to wait some more to see what it does
:passitleft:
and with those -'s, mr D told ya- put it out of ur mind; and this month's budget.

for some reason my phone is not saving my pictures. But my light is set st 20 inches away from the top of the pot which is what Duggan said to do. I will ask him if he thinks my lights are too far away. They may be due to the amount of stretch they have so far. Thank You for catching that. I am going to have to figure out why my phone isn't saving my pics anymore :surf:
they're not TOO far.

Yeah he said use one COB but didn't say anything about dimming it I would have to take the driver off to dim it. I am waiting on a response from Duggan about adjusting it
if anything, it'd b too close.

Daily light integral (DLI) describes the number of photosynthetically active photons (individual particles of light in the 400-700 nm range) that are delivered to a specific area over a 24-hour period. This variable is particularly useful to describe the light environment of plants.

which might be why he said leave it alone. Hehas reduced your DLI by reducing hours instead of light intensity.
"wat he saaaæ?" "PHOne hone?"
there is a similar calculation, is there not?, with regard to actual par, USED, or USABLE" ...? i struggled so much, with these and have tried so hard to comprehend it. i watch the YouTube, walk through... he says, "photons" and i go absolutely, stipid, blank. my mind actually enjoys numbers n calculations- this is an opioid cloud, I've yet to burst, bat appreciate, where u wnt, just there.

Well the one is a dud it has not broke the surface. I started another seed early yesterday it has not cracked yet I think it needs another day or so. I didn't put it in a glass of water first just straight into the paper towel in a baggie and it is setting at 77.7 degrease so I have my fingers crossed that it is a good seed and will make it to become a seedling. I have had trouble with seeds cracking and then coming up through the soil. Now the one will be behind the others. out of 9 seeds so far I have only 3 seedlings. But I gave my buddy the 4 seeds that finally cracked. He has two seedling from it so far but I bet there will be more cause they all finally split open
don't worry, pc, everyone loves to c a friend, fail. he may, yet, get a male so- chin up.
i still remain ever hopeful, for contestant #4. when 5, pops- welcome to the nightmare that is "space and time". no doubt, you'll have at least 2 phenos and b blowin on the trialer, yellin into a parking cone, "come on, big girl... preflower!!! preflower!!! u can do it! catch up, si i can pull the switch.
PC: DO NOT MANIPULATE, the trailing, 5th, as u do, the rest and she'll keep up.

i got a ton of gallon jug i need to fill tommorrow
flush day? fresh soil, inbound? it's for a good cause. you're going to heaven. stop, procrastinating.

Back
Top Bottom