PCaddict's 1st Grow Journal

And the Mac+ cheese is # 1 as well PC . I just had to take a pic of my gorilla glue in my homemade veg
Box with 4 T8 floresent blue tubes, running 24/7 and a fan.
It use to b a clothing hanger. image.jpg On wheels under 50.00 clams to build:thumb:
Nice little rig :high-five:

Thanks dankman, it’s mostly pvc, coragated plastic and a emergency blanket wire ties and Velcro
I found the lights in a old show case outside in the back of a supermarket I just changed out the bulbs $2.00 each. I can veg up to 8 seedlings this size and larger at one time with this rig I roll it away when finished. Lol

Thanks dankman, it’s mostly pvc, coragated plastic and a emergency blanket wire ties and Velcro
I found the lights in a old show case outside in the back of a supermarket I just changed out the bulbs $2.00 each. I can veg up to 8 seedlings this size and larger at one time with this rig I roll it away when finished. Lol
Still very cool :) Even better cause you repurposed the light

Mornin to ya PC. That soil on the one that has NOT surfaced yet looks to be dry. DO NOT let that surface dry out. If u do , that seed will NOT come up. It should have popped by now. Is that soil too dry now???
good morning guys

And the Mac+ cheese is # 1 as well PC . I just had to take a pic of my gorilla glue in my homemade veg
Box with 4 T8 floresent blue tubes, running 24/7 and a fan.
It use to b a clothing hanger.image.jpg On wheels under 50.00 clams to build:thumb:
I adjust the lights with ratchet ropes, I can put a heat mat under in if needed to help with germination
The best part I can roll it away in a closet when done and plants are transplanted and put in the flower room.
Nice set up you put together I need to get a T4 or T5 light for seedlings

T8 is a nice soft intensity light for the young plants. T5 has more intensity and radiance for the older plants.

Lights will be on in a half hours so I will check on the
T8 is a nice soft intensity light for the young plants. T5 has more intensity and radiance for the older plants.
I have never used the T series lights so I really don't know which ones to get. I will get some maybe this coming spring but I have to figure out where to put a set up I can use them in

T8 is what is most commonly found in homes and offices etc, and the T5 is just a thinner diameter bulb, so the plasma inside is more condensed and emits more light when close up to it. T5 definitely makes for a better grow light overall than T8, but in the beginning of life, any bright light can be a bit much to adapt to and may need to be diffused. I just do that automatically anymore to be safe. If I only have the bright light, I keep it far away and use things to obstruct direct light to the young plants. Other, bigger plants make great light diffusers.

All's good brother! Hey bro send me a trash can of your SS, please :laugh:
Its coming in the USPS I think one stamp should be enough Lol I would give you a trash can full if you were close enough to come get it

the last seed hasn't broke the surface yet so she is being a slow starter it took the others 5 days to start, this is the 5th day that it has been planted so maybe later today or tomorrow I am hoping. Its been a rough start with these

T8 is what is most commonly found in homes and offices etc, and the T5 is just a thinner diameter bulb, so the plasma inside is more condensed and emits more light when close up to it. T5 definitely makes for a better grow light overall than T8, but in the beginning of life, any bright light can be a bit much to adapt to and may need to be diffused. I just do that automatically anymore to be safe. If I only have the bright light, I keep it far away and use things to obstruct direct light to the young plants. Other, bigger plants make great light diffusers.

Attachments

• 734E1084-E5AB-4C83-87B1-FD97B08D9B3C.jpeg
    734E1084-E5AB-4C83-87B1-FD97B08D9B3C.jpeg
    816.1 KB · Views: 27
The T8 bulbs are much cheaper to buy than the T5’s as well as the units to run them.
Shop lights work well, Walmart, Home Depot, Lows, or just about any lighting store,
Just change out the bulbs to the bluest bulb u can find. Lol
I have been finding it harder and harder to find shop lights with replaceable bulbs. The replacement bulbs are on the shelf but the shop light units themselves are almost always LED bulbs and the LED is hard wired right to the unit. The bulbs cannot be replaced.

Some tropical fish and reptile stores (not the tropical fish section at department stores) might have the T8 bulbs for growing if the store also has a selection of live plants for aquariums.

Otherwise, everything for the tropical fish hobby, freshwater or saltwater, seems to be going strictly LED.

Back
Top Bottom