PCaddict's 1st Grow Journal

Buys day ahead of me. I took the plants out of the tent and moved the carbon filter. Now I need to carry in some blocks to prop the smallest plat up on, rehang my COB lights fill the pots and Prune the bottoms a bit I am also going to clean up the floor before I move them back in the tent

Mornin to ya's Sticky and Bud. Ya, i worry about this stuff....a lot!! I am possibly retiring at 62 in 1.2 yrs. I worry of , not only being short with cash , but the boredom scares the crap outta me. So any time i hear peeps talkin about this stuff , my ears open up . Cheers u guys.
it will give you time to start a hobby you've wanted to do I cook a lot you find things to do the winters get a little depressing sometimes just need an indoor hobby besides the grow lol ive thought of taking my trailer down to new mexico or Arizona and hang out down there for the winter for a couple mos. if you stay in blm campgronds its real cheap or free I would have to give up my indoor grow is the only problem :)

Today's pictures I moved the carbon filter, pruned the bottoms a little, cleaned the tent floor and filled the pots back up
20200113_130229.jpg
20200113_130253.jpg
20200113_130308.jpg
20200113_130318.jpg
20200113_130337.jpg
20200113_130411.jpg
20200113_130229.jpg
20200113_130253.jpg
20200113_130308.jpg
20200113_130318.jpg
20200113_130337.jpg
20200113_130411.jpg

I don't know how it posted the pictures twice Sorry for the double Pics. I have to move everything back out of the tent when I get my new light so I haven't propped up the small one yet but I will after I hang the new light so I don't have to take that heavy stuff in and out in 2 days. That will give them a couple days to come to room temperature and save my back and knees

Looking good PC! What is the plan for flipping?
I think I want to veg the small two a little longer and do a little training on them then flip but I am letting Duggan decide. He is the Captain and I am the crew doing the work but he is calling the shots. I also want to get that light going first. It will be here Wednesday. I am really excited to get that new light. :yahoo: :goof:
:surf:

Thanks Sticky...any advise or pointers u could pass on to me would be much appreciated. Thanks for anything u share around this. It's a major issue with soon to be retiring peeps...i know cuz guys at my work talk about it and there is more to it than we think. Thanks again bud... :high-five:
everyone is afraid to take that step my dad rest his soul passed at 74 so I decided I wasnt going to wait til 62 like him and have 12 years of life after working most of my life now its playtime I have to admit if you have retirement dreams of vacations overseas and such you need to be set up no house payments car payments credit cards all paid off you don't want to owe anything that would be the good way however its not how I was able to do it I still have a hose pymt.its cheap by todays standards 1000 per mo. but if we didn't have that it would be huge we have enough to do most of what we want if we do it economically its still way better than punching that timeclock! :)

This smallest on has the weirdest stock. It flipped around and then grew
20200113_134310.jpg
You cant tell much from the picture but it did a 180 degree turn then grew over and then up. That's why its not centered in the pot. All three Gold Leaf plants have grown differently. The leaves on the smallest two are really different, One is more Sativa like and the other is wider more Indica type.

I also wantend to let those who are waiting on seeds I didn't get a chance to get them out this weekend but I will by next weekend. It has been tough with only one car. The wife drives to work every day so the post office is closed by the time she gets home

Great day to PC and friends....:roorrip:....:roorrip:. Your fan/filter placement is perfect, tent is looking like it means business.:headbanger: You are "in the pipe,..five by five" (name that movie)....Ha!:ganjamon:.
Ok, your big two look thirsty (front big one)...are they? Bottom leaves drooping, mid level leaves look tired....read those leaves PC...can u see how they are drooping down low?
Also for the future, start checking into 'pre filter' replacement mat'l. , ok. I just use some commercial grade 'air handler' filter mat'l. from my work, don't bother cleaning ...they loose their effectiveness when you continually clean and re use them, so. maybe this is another reason this Can #33 of mine is 7 yrs. old now.
Anyhow your hard work and diligence is paying off, your lil grow tent looks mavelous....:high-five:

Great day to PC and friends....:roorrip:....:roorrip:. Your fan/filter placement is perfect, tent is looking like it means business.:headbanger: You are "in the pipe,..five by five" (name that movie)....Ha!:ganjamon:.
Ok, your big two look thirsty (front big one)...are they? Bottom leaves drooping, mid level leaves look tired....read those leaves PC...can u see how they are drooping down low?
Also for the future, start checking into 'pre filter' replacement mat'l. , ok. I just use some commercial grade 'air handler' filter mat'l. from my work, don't bother cleaning ...they loose their effectiveness when you continually clean and re use them, so. maybe this is another reason this Can #33 of mine is 7 yrs. old now.
Anyhow your hard work and diligence is paying off, your lil grow tent looks mavelous....:high-five:
Yeah I noticed those leaves and the pots do feel light so I will give them some water with tea they were given 10 mil. per gallon of TP and each drank 2 gallons they got that on the 9th so that was 4 days ago, They got Brix foliar on the 8th and the small two got destress the same day and got TP on the 3erd. I need to go get more distilled water when the wife gets home and water them then. They sure are drinking more now

They are becoming more and more demanding on the soil. As with Seedlings grow , your big two will be getting the ReCHarge earlier than usual (common practice). This is because you are cultivating much larger , older , more mature plants before flip.
For the big two , from now on make all their Drenches at 15mls/gal. of water K.
Gently stick/probe two fingers deep as you can 1/2 way between the main stalk and the outside of the pot.....should feel dry like dust....if it does and the pots feel light, with that leaf droop,..i would water asap.
Cheers .

Will do Duggan. The wife gets home in an hour and a half or so, I will go to the store as soon as she gets home and then give water w/ tea.

duggs, if your making good money and can stand it....the longer u work the bigger
the S.S.check will b. U probably know that already. In my case it was health issues
that caused my disability S.S. To kicked in till I turned 65 when regular S.S. Started
for me. Lucky for me I had that Aflac ins. U know the duck. And a year of unused
sick time in my pocket for emergency .they use to let us accumulate 12 sick days year. and I wasn't sick much.
once on a fixed income, with S.S.,pension, and the other investments made along
the way 401k, stocks, money market acc. IRA’s CD’s and annuity funds. these Are all goodways to help supplement income. Or u could just sell pot...... I prefer investing
and growing pot for fun but that just me. chow

I'l never forget a conversation had with a previous employee of where i work.
This fella had worked there for a long time, had a good gig,..used to run a remote location , greenhouse. He was retiring shortly after my visit there ( to make an electrical repair) so i asked him why he was retiring at 62 instead of 65. He went on to say something i pass on and think about all the time. He said "........everyone thinks , it's all about the money when you retire,...it's not, ...it's all about the time, and we're running out of it". That statement ,..plus cancer running in my family, i have had enough working. It's time now for me , to really suck all i can out of wats left. That's why Mare and i are going to Jamaica and meeting Neiko and his wife there. (3rd time) Even though that money could be more wisely , more practically used....on say , a new front porch, or a new shed roof,...

When those last days , weeks come, and a person's days are numbered. They lay there ,....they don't remember the new shed roof , or the nice porch, they will think about , remember the good times had with loved ones, the 'good times'.
Cheers to ya Bud,....:high-five:

CCP(near max.)
work pension for 20 yrs. service.
SS at 65
GIC's

Back
Top Bottom