PCaddict's 1st Grow Journal

British Rail? "We're getting there."
Sadly only ever used to mark something that certainly never is here in the UK. I am hoping we can resolve it without either of you being sent to bed with no supper !!.
It is hard when so many of us have grows that work so well but bro science says it doesnt . forums are notorious for misunderstandings and different opinions causing a stir. Hard to get your emotions into it with a few choice words too. Normal face to face communication is only 30% verbal and the rest non verbal cues , ticks , facial expression etc.. so for us here who are so passionate and committed ,a few lines of text makes it impossible to get US across properly . you are both very respected members here and it is obvious how you both feel about your statements. We , as growers choose which advice to follow or ideas to try based on our own experiences with our grows. I have never felt compelled to follow advice that I havent re checked or experimented with either. New growers can make giant errors and not even know they are but ask for advice about a totally different issue that they use and deficiency shows up. Often the advice gets blamed without realising they are also messing up elsewhere. I do have to question the "industry" a lot now , especially any nute company who has happily sold us overpriced water added to basic nutes and been making claims about their products for years that we know are crap or an elaborate way to explain basic plant needs in chemical composition terms. Some bottles are worth the price in artwork and wrapping !!!!!. Add to this seed breeders who happily sell us one of the 500000 seeds for £11 that they took from the 1 plant they seeded. On that score alone , my cross seeding has made me a seed breeder with over £1000 of my own seeds to start my business !!!. These guys are now wading in in the "how to" front with their own misinformed advice . seeing flushing nutes "out" of your plant as an advice sentence had me frothing at the mouth. perpetually adding to the myth. Have a good day brother. peace and blessings

Yup, a good habit i got into was , always having water on hand. Not a good idea to WAIT until the plants need it.
The reward at the end is very worth the effort. There are many times during a grow when water is very limited , as you now know. They are into the rapid growth stage and they are drinking lots. Another two wet dry cycles and we will be looking at flipping them , so a couple more weeks. By then those two smaller ones will be quite a bit bigger. The idea is to fill that space as best we can without stressing those #10's(two big ones) too much,..know wat i mean. In another two weeks your big ones will be getting plenty big enough to make a great showing in that space all by themselves , so ...get ready...yeepa , yeepa PC. :high-five:
I got 10 gallons this time and I will get another 10 gallons in a couple days. I usually have 4 or 5 gallons on hand but we got lazy this weekend and didn't go to the store but I will make sure to have at least 6 gallons on hand. I am really excited this grow, I think they are doing Great and I cant wait till the smaller two get bigger. If they get the size of the big two it will be crowded in there and then the stretch will make them even bigger. I did a little more SCing on the SCB CBD on some of the middle bud sites so some of the middle is starting to catch up with the leaders or mains. I was wondering about when we were going to flip, Glad we are letting the small two catch up some with to the bigger two. I am SO looking forward to getting that new light. I think with it, once we flip they will really explode. I am not experienced so I don't know but I think with the lights I will have, I should be good. I do need to look for some pre filter for that carbon filter. Our house is Really dusty from our dogs so I know I will need plenty of it on hand.
:high-five:

I just found out my new Budget LED light will be here today. Ordered Saturday and receiving it Tuesday, Wow That's Fast. They also had to swap out the boards from the Flowering to Full growth cycle and also add an 8 foot extension cable on it and they had it shipped out Monday at 7:30 am. That's Fast service. I am totally sold on Budget LED. Anyone looking for a good LED light should check out Budget LED. For quality, service and price I don't think they can be beat.

I just found out my new Budget LED light will be here today. Ordered Saturday and receiving it Tuesday, Wow That's Fast. They also had to swap out the boards from the Flowering to Full growth cycle and also add an 8 foot extension cable on it and they had it shipped out Monday at 7:30 am. That's Fast service. I am totally sold on Budget LED. Anyone looking for a good LED light should check out Budget LED. For quality, service and price I don't think they can be beat.

I'm sold too, but I won't have the funds for a couple'a months so I guess I'm only sold in the window shopping sense, lol.

I'l never forget a conversation had with a previous employee of where i work.
This fella had worked there for a long time, had a good gig,..used to run a remote location , greenhouse. He was retiring shortly after my visit there ( to make an electrical repair) so i asked him why he was retiring at 62 instead of 65. He went on to say something i pass on and think about all the time. He said "........everyone thinks , it's all about the money when you retire,...it's not, ...it's all about the time, and we're running out of it". That statement ,..plus cancer running in my family, i have had enough working. It's time now for me , to really suck all i can out of wats left. That's why Mare and i are going to Jamaica and meeting Neiko and his wife there. (3rd time) Even though that money could be more wisely , more practically used....on say , a new front porch, or a new shed roof,...

When those last days , weeks come, and a person's days are numbered. They lay there ,....they don't remember the new shed roof , or the nice porch, they will think about , remember the good times had with loved ones, the 'good times'.
Cheers to ya Bud,....:high-five:

CCP(near max.)
work pension for 20 yrs. service.
SS at 65
GIC's
No truer words brother. Just look around. When one can retire, one should! IMO

Today's pictures they are looking perky this morning after their drink yesterday

Attachments

• 20200114_112256.jpg
    20200114_112256.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
  • 20200114_112327.jpg
    20200114_112327.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
  • 20200114_112339.jpg
    20200114_112339.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 20200114_112402.jpg
    20200114_112402.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
  • 20200114_112413.jpg
    20200114_112413.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
I measured them just for kicks I couldn't figure out how to take a picture with one hand holding the phone and the other holding the tape measure but the big two are 16 inches high and 26 inches wide.

Thanks Duggan I will pay close attention to the weight of the pots and how the leaves look. I think now I will know when they need another drink. They went from needing water every 6 days to 4 days now. I know they will need watering more often as they grow bigger so I will keep a close eye on them.
:high-five:

You don't need to go anywhere near that long to reset you endocannabinoid receptors. It's 48 hours of fasting before reintroducing cannabis to your system.

SweetSue explains the protocol here!
Hay @InTheShed Shed you would be proud of me I have only taken two caps a day sense starting back from my tolerance break. Trying not to over do it. Now if I can just keep it up.

U and the girls are doing fine PC, start planing your outside grow, stockpiling
soil, pots, things u know your going to need. Keeping active is the best way to eliminate the need for more caps, In your case it’s worse cause u can go down the street and buy it. (Luckie dog) well maybe som day I’d like to try that.
u could start them off Inside early getting a jump on the season about the same
time u harvest what u got going now. don’t let those gray sky’s fool u springs a commen.

Thanks Bud and Otter I appreciate it. I am kind of undecided about the greenhouse grow. Last year we only had three little plants and they stunk up the whole block when they flowered and I have a State Highway Patrol that lives right around the corner from me so I am not sure I want to chance it. I have Lots of LOS , 6, 45 gallon trash cans full and a lot of fabric pots and Lots of stuff to make Compost Tea. My greenhouse got taken out by 55 mph winds so I will have to get another one but it isn't legal to grow in our state so I am undecided. I really want to, but

Thanks Bud and Otter I appreciate it. I am kind of undecided about the greenhouse grow. Last year we only had three little plants and they stunk up the whole block when they flowered and I have a State Highway Patrol that lives right around the corner from me so I am not sure I want to chance it. I have Lots of LOS , 6, 45 gallon trash cans full and a lot of fabric pots and Lots of stuff to make Compost Tea. My greenhouse got taken out by 55 mph winds so I will have to get another one but it isn't legal to grow in our state so I am undecided. I really want to, but
you could grow yourself some veggies with that soil and have just two plants in there grow em big youll get a lot more outside I don't remember the gold leaf smelling a whole lot if you pick strains that don't have a lot of odor it would help I don't no if asked you this before but is your greenhouse rite out where the neighbors can see it or is it hidden?

My new @Budget LED just got here. The packaging was Great. No visible damage from shipping. When I took the light out I was Very impressed the heatsinks is Very ample and although I don't know which drivers are best the one for the light is nice and heavy. The cord seems plenty long to get the driver outside the tent. The 4 COBs doesn't have long enough cords to place them outside the tent so they will produce heat in the tent. I am noticing about a 10 degree increase over what our house is set at, we keep the house right around 70 so with lights on it gets up to 80 at times so it is good that the Budget LED lights drive can be placed outside the tent
20200114_144501.jpg
20200114_145031.jpg
20200114_144958.jpg

you could grow yourself some veggies with that soil and have just two plants in there grow em big youll get a lot more outside I don't remember the gold leaf smelling a whole lot if you pick strains that don't have a lot of odor it would help I don't no if asked you this before but is your greenhouse rite out where the neighbors can see it or is it hidden?
It is right in the middle of my back yard, Only place I can put it so it is visible. My neighbor knew exactly what I was growing once they started to smell. I may do some other plants in there and put the Cannabis plants in the middle and you really cant tell what's in there if I get another greenhouse like the one I had last year. I have everything ready to grow next spring out there except for a greenhouse but they have those on the Zon cheap and I have been really wanting to do it I just don't know what would happen if I got turned in or more people figure out what's growing in there. I wish I knew what the laws say about cultivation in Ohio if its just a misdemeanor I would do it but if they can take my house etc. No way will I do it

Back
Top Bottom