PCaddict's 1st Grow Journal

PC...just my 2 cents on this OK. If your state is a non legal cannabis state....and you get caught growing a few outside in your garden....it's not those u should be worrying about. It's the ones u have inside they're gonna punish u for. NOT worth the risk. Right now YOU call the shots....outside YOU DON'T! Please keep this in mind. :ganjamon:
OH ya...nice light BTW. Got it up and running yet.... :nomo:

:reading420magazine:
Very cool plants PC! Loving it! Hope mine look as nice as yours!

Congrats on getting this light. QB are super efficient, great lights. Samsung really have an winner here!

You might already know this but place the driver outside if the tent if you can. Those can get super hot... Do you have a potentiometer on it?
They added an 8 foot extension cable so I can place it outside of the tent at NO extra cost. I have 4 Mars COBs and they have to stay on the lights and they raise the temps in the tent by around 10 degrease over what our house it set at so 80 in the tent and 70 in the house So I am glad with this Budget LED light being able to place the driver outside the tent otherwise my temps might get a little too high.

PC...just my 2 cents on this OK. If your state is a non legal cannabis state....and you get caught growing a few outside in your garden....it's not those u should be worrying about. It's the ones u have inside they're gonna punish u for. NOT worth the risk. Right now YOU call the shots....outside YOU DON'T! Please keep this in mind. :ganjamon:
OH ya...nice light BTW. Got it up and running yet.... :nomo:
Yeah I am super skeptical about doing the outside grow. I most likely will Not do it. I have to wait for my buddy to come over in the morning to help me hang it I also need to connect the driver to the wires and figure out a place for it.

:reading420magazine:
Very cool plants PC! Loving it! Hope mine look as nice as yours!

Congrats on getting this light. QB are super efficient, great lights. Samsung really have an winner here!

You might already know this but place the driver outside if the tent if you can. Those can get super hot... Do you have a potentiometer on it?
Sorry I missed one of your questions but they are adjustable and have a knob to adjust the driver out put

PC, My thoughts on where to put that new light. It should be placed as high up as you can mount it...all the way. Run it parallel to your fan/filter. Right up there. Put all the cobs up there too,..as high as possible. Take advantage of as much height as , is possible. You can always raise and lower the plants as u wish. I know to some this may seem improper , but trust me, it's the way to fly. Never adjust or play with my lights. They always remain as high up as i can safely run them.
Also , about your filter's pre filter. It should not need to be replaced for months yet. U will find they stay ok for two crops , then replace it. Best not to clean these. Their effectiveness drops considerably after washing. Most commercial grade air handler filter mat'l. works peachy. Should be able to find it somewhere on the web,...sakes. :passitleft:

How are the big girls liking life.....:surf:

Thanks Duggan I will move the lights as high up as I can get them and raise the small one up even with the two big girls the other one is only an inch or two lower then the big girls and the way it is growing I bet it is even with them in a day or two. The Big girls Loved their drink and the leaves are reaching to the lights, The lower leaves are standing more straight out. I am just Blown away by how they are doing. Your guidance is paying off Big time. I want to grow the way you do so I am doing exactly what you say nothing less and nothing more. I am not deviating from your way of growing not on this grow or the next, I will need a lot less hand holding on the next run. I am Super happy with things so far.

PC, what does the outside of the box that LEd came in look like? Does your delivery person now have a good idea what was in that box?

PC, what does the outside of the box that LEd came in look like? Does your delivery person now have a good idea what was in that box?
No there were no brand markings on the box. The packaging was really well done, Lots of bubble wrap so that the light was protected.

Well my buddy isn't able to come over and help me hang the light :( so I will have to try to hang it myself. It is 38 inches long and with the heatsink its a little heavy and awkward to hold with one hand and I don't want to mess up the diodes by rough handling while I am trying to hang it. Maybe I can have my wife hold it when she gets home from work :(

Do you have ratchet hangars? If so just hook to tent roof poles, then lower them as far down as possible, hook to the light and raise a little at a time.

:passitleft:
Not sure why I didn't think of that Ween, Great idea I will try that Thanks

How far to the right are you we may need to do a meet and great some time if it isn't too far. Like are you in Ohio or some where close to Ohio I know Penny is east of us. We may discover other members that are close that we can network with maybe even set up a big meet and greet somewhere in the middle of us
Woodstock NY, old Quebec Canada, I even here in Colorado they have weed hotels
where u can indulge legally. A week end blow out would b something to look into.

Well I ran into problems hanging the light the hanging cables are way too long so I am looking for suggestions I also had to put the driver on top because the power cord to the driver isn't long enough to plug in on the same surg protector the timer is on. I can live with that but I have to figure out a way to get the light higher
20200115_103638.jpg
20200115_103630.jpg
20200115_103619.jpg
20200115_093628.jpg
20200115_093617.jpg

Plants are looking great, PC! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom