PCaddict's 1st Grow Journal

Kitchen dept or your fav seller :)

Attachments

• These can be helpful and twist to suit.jpg
    These can be helpful and twist to suit.jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 37
Thanks Bud and Otter I appreciate it. I am kind of undecided about the greenhouse grow. Last year we only had three little plants and they stunk up the whole block when they flowered and I have a State Highway Patrol that lives right around the corner from me so I am not sure I want to chance it. I have Lots of LOS , 6, 45 gallon trash cans full and a lot of fabric pots and Lots of stuff to make Compost Tea. My greenhouse got taken out by 55 mph winds so I will have to get another one but it isn't legal to grow in our state so I am undecided. I really want to, but
Do it

Well after stewing on it for a few I decided to use one of the hanging cables and clip both ends to the light which gave me 27 inches from the tops of the big two plants. At least that will work for now. I need to maybe check out the chains they use to hang lights with maybe I can get them up higher with that
20200115_120214.jpg

So Now I have my light hung and I must say, I didn't think it could get much brighter in there then it was with the 4 big COB lights but when I turned the @Budget LED light on I was Very surprised at how much brighter it got in the tent and then I turned it up and Man it got brighter in there. I turned it back down for Veg, When I flip I will turn it up some. I know these lady's are going to Love it. We are Rocking and roiling now
:yahoo::theband::yahoo:

Well I ran into problems hanging the light the hanging cables are way too long so I am looking for suggestions I also had to put the driver on top because the power cord to the driver isn't long enough to plug in on the same surg protector the timer is on. I can live with that but I have to figure out a way to get the light higher

Do you have any old HID Hood hooks ? I have made them out of Coat Hangers for perfect fits.
Might be able to spread one open enough but if not a DIY coat hanger style will work

1579111762303.png

Do you have any old HID Hood hooks ? I have made them out of Coat Hangers for perfect fits.
Might be able to spread one open enough but if not a DIY coat hanger style will work

1579111762303.png
Thanks Gazoo that's a Great idea I will have to get some heavy gage wire to make some. I don't have any HID hooks and we don't have any metal coat hangers but maybe I can find something at Lows or Home Depot
:high-five:

I suggest taking out the cables, but keep the clip hooks and use shoelace or bootlace to make your short 1-to-2 piece. I use paracord to hang my COBs. String in general is handy.

I suggest taking out the cables, but keep the clip hooks and use shoelace or bootlace to make your short 1-to-2 piece. I use paracord to hang my COBs. String in general is handy.
Yup....I am a rope guy. Jute, paracord whatever......it all works and can adapt to just about anything. These ratcheting hangers they send are nice, but waste so much precious space vertically. I would ditch all of them and use anything to get them as high up as possible. Even zip ties could do the trick......

Most lights that I have purchased come with ratcheting hangers to compleat installation? I don’t use them, since lights are up as high as I can get them and mounted I leave them alone. I raise or lower the pots for opium penetration.
But with 10 gal. Pots this may b difficult to do, especially wet PC thay must b heavy
as hell.
I did a few car restorations back when ,my point is I needed to move a car around
with no motor in it, they make movers that are placed under each car tire and I can
easily push the car around. they stand about 2” tall And is probably overkill but if u
need It, it beats a back attack. I think I picked them up at Harbor fright. Dam spell check they could b even cheaper on the net. Lol

Apologies I was in a meeting.

Everyone above is giving great suggestions. Another idea below with the existing set-up.
shorter clips.jpg

I did the same thing as you did. Looped the ratchet clip around the poles to back to the light itself. Doubling it up and sucking the light as far up as I could. After experimenting with chain and string its still the best way to get it snug.
That hadn't occurred to me Great idea I could get them higher that way. I was thinking of just using 16 gage speaker wire tied off to the corners of the heatsink. I will go to the store after the wife gets home and look for some chain like Duggan said but if I cant find that I will try folding the cable I have on there now that would get it close to the top of the tent.

Light problem solved. I used one of the hanging cables and doubled it and clipped it to the light I an within 3 or 4 inches from the top of the tent so I think I am good for a while
20200115_144745.jpg
20200115_144805.jpg
20200115_144821.jpg
20200115_144832.jpg

Apologies I was in a meeting.

Everyone above is giving great suggestions. Another idea below with the existing set-up.
shorter clips.jpg
Those are Very nice cables, more then enough to hold the light, I got an idea from looking at your picture and I think it will work, Thanks Justin :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom