PCaddict's 1st Grow Journal

What’s up PC

your girls look amazing. In my experience, prolonged periods of dark don’t really cause problems too much. It’s the prolonged light when it should be dark is where you get serious issues. Regarding taking pictures with flash when lights are out; I’ve taken lots of pictures in the middle of the dark period... your plants will never notice light that only lasts 10 minutes or less, unless of course your genetics are severely unstable. When you start getting close to an hour of direct, powerful lighting is when you can really have issues.

this reminds me of an interesting article I read. I don’t remember the guy who wrote it, but he had devised a 7 day light schedule to use for weeks 6 and 7 where you give prolonged day light hours and then prolonged night time hours as well. On a weekly basis it’s still 12/12, but the shift of having long days is supposed increase bulking dramatically. you’re sort of micro-vegging your plants when they’re at peak flower production. That’d be an interesting experiment if I can find the article again to copy the exact light schedule... but I digress.

long story short, your plants probably won’t even notice one day of fucked up light schedule. Especially if it was extra dark instead of extra light

Just busting your chops my friend! I agree, hook your friend up with the cobs and get some flower in return, unless he's not in the kit as why would you go backwards in quality....

:passitleft:
He is not using the kit. He is using my Super Cools Super Soil and some other potting soil he mixed up for the top half and using FoxFarm Nutes.
After using the BudgetLED it would be hard to get me to use anything else

:high-five:
I Love my Budget LED light and now I will have two which should give me good coverage in my 5x5 tent

What’s up PC

your girls look amazing. In my experience, prolonged periods of dark don’t really cause problems too much. It’s the prolonged light when it should be dark is where you get serious issues. Regarding taking pictures with flash when lights are out; I’ve taken lots of pictures in the middle of the dark period... your plants will never notice light that only lasts 10 minutes or less, unless of course your genetics are severely unstable. When you start getting close to an hour of direct, powerful lighting is when you can really have issues.

this reminds me of an interesting article I read. I don’t remember the guy who wrote it, but he had devised a 7 day light schedule to use for weeks 6 and 7 where you give prolonged day light hours and then prolonged night time hours as well. On a weekly basis it’s still 12/12, but the shift of having long days is supposed increase bulking dramatically. you’re sort of micro-vegging your plants when they’re at peak flower production. That’d be an interesting experiment if I can find the article again to copy the exact light schedule... but I digress.

long story short, your plants probably won’t even notice one day of fucked up light schedule. Especially if it was extra dark instead of extra light
Thanks Chef. They really only lost maybe 2 hours of light so I am hoping all is still good. If you find that article Please share it here

I did, in fact, find it. I’m surprised I found it as fast as I did.

here you all go for your interpretation.
Manipulating the photoperiod

I’ll have to flower out a solo girl in a space bucket so I can try this.... I’d do it now as I’m in week 6 of flower, but I don’t want to risk my whole crop on an article.

I’ll have to flower out a solo girl in a space bucket so I can try this.... I’d do it now as I’m in week 6 of flower, but I don’t want to risk my whole crop on an article.

Interesting chef but I'm not smart enough to understand that!:rofl: Have you tried this?

Interesting chef but I'm not smart enough to understand that!:rofl: Have you tried this?
I haven’t as I’ve never had a 7 day digital timer. I do have one now though for my fog cloner, so I could potentially try this.. but like I said, I’m not gonna risk what’s in my main flower tent for an experiment. Also I just realized this won’t work for people who flower perpetually in one tent. If you’re doing the DJshort 2 tent set up though, you could push your yields into the stratosphere potentially.

Edit: something about how the article ends in “Dont be afraid!” Makes me think I should try it.

Wow a 40% increase. I would have to figure out how to set a digital timer for a 7 day period

My plan is to just set my digital timer to interval with the on interval being 21:36 and the off interval being 12:00. Do it on a Monday, then after the dark period that Sunday go back to 12/12

See, I don't get that. I would be sure to mess it up! Any chance you can explain the DjShort 2 tent method? Thanks Chef!
Basically I’m just using the timer as a regular one instead of a 24 hour timer. When it turns on it counts down from 21:36, and when it hits 0 the lights go off.. when the lights go off a 12hr timer starts. When that timer goes off, the light turn back on.

djshort does a rotating perpetual harvest using 2 flowering areas. In that way, you could run a modified timer when each tent hits week 6-7. With a 1 tent perpetual setup, at week 6-7 you’ll have a plant that’s at week 3-4 and another one that’s on the first week of flower, so doing a modified photoperiod might do strange things to the other girls.

I'm selling three tent + light bundles this spring. They will go for the USD price of the lights in CAD. Essentially it's about half price.
Please let us know when you do, What they are and how much you want. I have a buddy that may be interested

Basically I’m just using the timer as a regular one instead of a 24 hour timer. When it turns on it counts down from 21:36, and when it hits 0 the lights go off.. when the lights go off a 12hr timer starts. When that timer goes off, the light turn back on.

djshort does a rotating perpetual harvest using 2 flowering areas. In that way, you could run a modified timer when each tent hits week 6-7. With a 1 tent perpetual setup, at week 6-7 you’ll have a plant that’s at week 3-4 and another one that’s on the first week of flower, so doing a modified photoperiod might do strange things to the other girls.
Yeah I would think you would need two tents to do it as you explained

I just checked my temp and humidity level and it is 84f and 39%RH at canopy level with the window closed and the door to the bedroom open Still not too bad but I bet it gets a lot better when I get my new light and move the drivers out

PC don't sell the lights. You'll need them later when you're running 3 or 4 tents ;) It happens :laughtwo: I've got 3 going at the moment and one in storage :rofl:
I want to convert the whole room into a flowering room and move my tent to the basement for Veg etc. so I may just hold onto them for future use
:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom