PCaddict's 1st Grow Journal

Or perhaps a can or two of compressed air the type used to blow off key boards
may work too, idk this is brand new ground for me. or a vacuum
to suck off the hair without doing damage to the plant with the right attachment.
its posable. Just trying to help out is all. Good luck and watch out for u know who
down the block.

Are you done yet. Wife is coming around the corner.
We only got one plant done the Super Critical Bud CBD and it has filled both my mini fridges. I may have to hang dry on the others. Dam it I was hoping to get the Gold Leaf in the fridge for low and slow but it is so full only a few more can fit, like maybe 3 or 4 bags :(

Like I was saying I don't have any control of the temps or RH and I don't have any more room in the mini fridge and my Kegerator so I have to dry it in the garage no matter of the temps and RH. I will dry as much as I can in the tent but I have to get three more plants trimmed that are in the tent so I don't have room for the drying rack until I get the others trimmed. Kind of a catch 22.

Hay @Derbybud I am using that screen Thanks again, it has come in handy for drip drying the buds for a few hours before hanging, and Low and Slow in the fridge :high-five:

I will get around to everyone's journals after we are done harvesting or in the short amount of time between finishing for the day and Netflix time but that is only a short amount of time so I may look inactive for a few more days
:passitleft:

I will get around to everyone's journals after we are done harvesting or in the short amount of time between finishing for the day and Netflix time but that is only a short amount of time so I may look inactive for a few more days
no problem your busy rite now :) congrats pc your first hb harvest happy time in the old house tonight enjoy all the fun brother!

Hey PC. My thought is you are trimming far too much/detailed. I used to do that too but now I simply pull all fans which shouldn't take long and then give a really quick trim. Those little sugar leaves have lots of goodness and will naturally trim themselves off in the jar. Plus your making oil so no need for bag appeal. Trimming each plant with 2 people should take no longer than an hour or so using this method. My 2 cents....

Same here ween :thumb: :blunt: , i do the same thing. Nothing gets trimmed other than fan leaves if it's going to be used for stuff like oil. For personal smoke jars the buds would still have its sugar leaves on but no fans and there's nothing to waste. Bag appeal is the last thing i worry about because time is money lol I hate sitting in jail for a month to trim up my harvest. It gets old fast so i just speed it up a bit by taking shortcut and it does not affect my smoke :)

Yeah just 2 people..... should be able to clear that tent one afternoon and have new plants put in same day. But then again, first harvests is always the slowest and longest because we take our time to enjoy our amazement when we look at the buds. Going back and forth between each other with small talks and talking about the buds it self "oh man look at that" "oh dude look at this one nug" and it just goes on and on lol. I remember my first harvest took forever and the first plant chopped was already too dried up by the time we got to the last plant. :rofl:

Hey PC. My thought is you are trimming far too much/detailed. I used to do that too but now I simply pull all fans which shouldn't take long and then give a really quick trim. Those little sugar leaves have lots of goodness and will naturally trim themselves off in the jar. Plus your making oil so no need for bag appeal. Trimming each plant with 2 people should take no longer than an hour or so using this method. My 2 cents....

Agreed.....for myself trimming is a complete waste of time. If I was you PC I would chop each plant and hang in the tent and just remove the fans. Then you can break it down as needed. The flowers are protected by the sugar leaves and dry better with them on....like a natural humidor. They also protect the tricomes from light as well which degrades them. After they are dried and cured I will "boutique" trim if I am sharing with someone uneducated that will pass judgment....then I smoke a nice fat joint of those sugar leaves and it is fantastic...both for high and flavor. That is the real proof that the sugar leaves are valuable.

The less you handle the flowers the better. Keep them out of the light. Humidity is important as well....to spend all that time and energy cultivating such beauty to have unfavorable conditions to finish would be a shame.

Congrats PC, those look delicious! Go find some boxes, big ones and make your own fridge. It’s still cold enough, or some Mylar? Garbage bags? Or and old actual tent! You could soak the inside, just thought of that one. Think McGiver. You should be able to make a drying tent out of toilet paper and duct tape. Lol

Put up a clothesline and hang the buds up with clothes pins in the dark till dry.
Or cut buds in golf ball size and place in paper shopping bags opening daily to
check for mold and to alow new air in. Close and fold over the top clip with
clothespins.it takes Between 3 and 7 days to be dry depending on rh then jar and burp as normal ether way works. Lol

My buddy is coming over at 12:00 so we can continue our trim jail sentence. Yeah I think I will leave the sugar leaf's on then and only worry about the fans so we can get through this today, we are supposed to get more rain tomorrow so we cant harvest in the rain. The plants have been in the dark for 2 days now so I really got to get it done today.

I should have led with this but THANK You for all the suggestions and as many of you have said I am sure we were trying to trim the buds closer then we need to so today I will be focusing more on just the fan leaf's

Back
Top Bottom