PCaddict's 1st Grow Journal

Put up a clothesline and hang the buds up with clothes pins in the dark till dry.
Or cut buds in golf ball size and place in paper shopping bags opening daily to
check for mold and to alow new air in. Close and fold over the top clip with
clothespins.it takes Between 3 and 7 days to dry depending on rh of the space there in. then jar and burp as normal ether way works. ps I just put enough bud at the bottom to cover the Bottom of the bag with buds. Lots of shopping bags
and shake it a little, this method it’s foolproof unless buds are to big or if more
time is needed to dry first. It’s your call PC.

Other plant
20200326_135140.jpg
20200326_135147.jpg
20200326_135312.jpg
20200326_135324.jpg

We finished up trimming and got it all hung in the tent and the SCB CBD is in two fridges so now to get them all to a good dry then cure

Man how do you determine which information you listen to. I have seen 20 different recommendations from 20 different people on how to chop and cure. I will just say that this is the part where many people ruin a perfectly good crop. I’m not saying you should follow one or the other but easy does it and don’t rush them into the jars and don’t put freshly trimmed buds in a paper bag. My temps I like to try and stay close to when drying would be around 60-65 degrees with 50-60 rh no air blowing on them and usually they make it to jars in 6-8 days depending on bud structure and density. Another thing that changes drying time is an over fed plant. These will dry a little faster in my experience. Properly fed plants with no burn on the leaves will dry just right.
I would listen to whoever is closest to you on a map cause they are the most familiar with the general climate in your area.
cheers pc and congratulations on your harvest looks nice.

I really cant control the temp and RH to a point and I have to dry in my tent so I have to do it the way I am. I can raise the humidity by turning the humidifier on and off but with it on the tents RH stayed between 30 to 40%. With the lights off it will probably get higher and Derbybud said we have rain coming for a few days so I will try adjusting the control on the huie to maintain a 50 to 60% RH

...why not paper bags?...I use them pretty much exclusively, without issue...curious as to your reasoning...cheerz... :high-five: :Namaste:...h00k...
One of my big plants we harvested I put in brown paper bags and put them in my mini fridges. I did that last time with or poor little plants and it work out Great. Low and Slow all the way baby
:high-five:

...why not paper bags?...I use them pretty much exclusively, without issue...curious as to your reasoning...cheerz... :high-five: :Namaste:...h00k...

Are you saying that you cut the plant down and cut the buds off into paper bags? Maybe I’m not understanding something. I will put them in paper bags after they have hung and dried for awhile but never fresh.
I’m curious about paper bag tech now. Send me a dm with your process if you don’t mind or post it here. I’m not gonna knock it until I really know what you guys are talking about.

I think your rh will be higher in the tent the next few days. Temps are rising and your heat will not be on as much and you won't have those big ass lights on either.

Great point Derbs! :high-five:

stay close to when drying would be around 60-65 degrees with 50-60 rh no air blowing on them and usually they make it to jars in 6-8 days depending on bud structure and density.

Pretty much exactly what I suggested and I trust the people I got that info from. I'm with you shotta!

:passitleft:

Never dried in a fridge before so I can’t say anything bad about the brown bag tech. If I was making caps sure but for flowers to smoke I have to say low and slow hang dry schuck the big fans and leave the sugar leaves to cover the buds and protect from drying too fast. In California if your buds are not perfect you can’t even donate that shit to a homeless person so having utmost bag appearance and nose is important if you want to be compensated properly.

Are you saying that you cut the plant down and cut the buds off into paper bags? Maybe I’m not understanding something. I will put them in paper bags after they have hung and dried for awhile but never fresh.
I’m curious about paper bag tech now. Send me a dm with your process if you don’t mind or post it here. I’m not gonna knock it until I really know what you guys are talking about.

Are you familiar with low and slow dry? We wash, hang dry for about 4 hours then into paper bags and in the fridge. It's an awesome method!

Are you familiar with low and slow dry? We wash, hang dry for about 4 hours then into paper bags and in the fridge. It's an awesome method!

so years ago when docs kit was basically in its infancy I did wash my buds. I do like the fact that it would clean the buds but I did notice the terpenes didn’t come thru as strong on a really loud bubba og cut I had been running for a few years prior. I don’t wash anymore no time and I don’t do weekly foliars either.
when I chop all I do is cut the branch and hang it and I Am done. The Days before harvest I remove the big fans so on d-day it takes me less than an hour to chop and hang allowing me more time with my daughter. Single dad life

I dried mine at 30-35 rh at about 68 degrees for 4 days in my closet no fan. Then trimmed off the dry fan leaves and some sugar leaves, and i didn’t defoliate my plants since week 1 flower. I think you should be just fine @PCaddict. I trimmed one plant after 3 days of hanging. I just know youll get her done as you did the rest of the grow

Back
Top Bottom