PE636's Outdoor CBD/SSH Grow

PE636

Welcome one and all! Time has come to start up a little summer grow to supplement my last harvest. It's nice to have some different choices in the cupboard, 2 just isn't enough!
My dear wife has always been fine with my smoking and with growing for personal use though she didn't partake very often at all, as she is one of the unfortunate who is prone to a bit of paranoia/anxiety etc, though she enjoys it otherwise. A few weeks ago she decided to try a high cbd strain (CBD Shark Shock) after reading it was less likely to cause anxiety etc.. The stuff she tried was labelled 7%thc and 10%cbd from a licensed producer.. Well she likes it, and has been having the occasional puff as a sort of motivator you could say, as she has been struggling with motivation and mood lately... Wouldn't you know it, we got 3 nice looking seeds out of the couple of nugs she has used so far. I imagine there are more as there is probably 7g left in the container but I am not about to go digging for them unless I have to! The cbd is also hopefully intended to be meds for my back pain /herniated disc/muscle spasm situation that flares up occasionally! We may possibly pick up some form of auto cbd seeds in the next couple days, I have to consult with the boss on her days off!
We also have quite a few Super Silver Haze bagseed (from the same licensed producer who shall remain anonymous). It was a nice smoke and pretty energetic which is what I want to add to my cupboard. Also my wife wants to find a more energetic kind of buzz so she may try it too, possibly mixed with the cbd strain if needed to mitigate paranoia if it shows up.. Is that a thing anyone has tried ? Making your own custom blend of strains I mean... Seems feasible to me! Also if we order any cbd auto seeds I will likely get an auto sativa strain to try too! Would love to hear any recommendations if you have tried anything like that!
This will be outdoor in 5 gallon containers. Had a heck of a time coming up with /deciding on a soil to use so I got a bunch of stuff to try.... Promix Premium Organic vegetables and herb mix, Promix Organic vegetables and herb (non premium I guess? ), Nature's Care Organic Soil (miracle gro product), a seafood compost, and a couple bags of black earth. Also have easy access to local, well aged compost from the recycling system here. I use it on my veggie garden with great results. I won't get into the details of the ingredients of everything but we have a diverse and pretty much complete set of nutrients and minerals to work with so hopefully I don't get it wrong and murder my plants!
We live in the country on a 10 acre property but have some neighbours a few hundred feet away, they are cool, but have teens, and a pool, and tend to have guests around, so the plants will be finding a nice clearing in our woods, well hidden but only a 2 minute walk from the door. A little worried about the finishing time of the SSH but it will be possible to bring indoors if there is a risk of too low temperatures or bad weather. I figure I have til the end of the third week of October for sure and quite possibly til the end of October.
CBD Shark Shock
420-magazine-mobile1358288388.jpg

Super Silver Haze
420-magazine-mobile682110210.jpg

Soil
420-magazine-mobile1248855174.jpg

Seeds are in paper towel/Ph'd water , so now we wait!

Hey pe! Subbed up for you outdoor grow!
Nice to see you again BF... Going to be a different grow than the last that's for sure!
So far have one CBD Shark Shock cracked and in soil and another looks to be starting to crack , there is only one SSH just starting to open so I expect it will be potted tomorrow. Hoping at least another one or two of the SSH germinate.
I also had a bunch of random unknown bagseed kicking around, 5 out of 5 of those had 1/4 inch roots after only 24 hours so I may see what comes of them, wish I knew what they were!

We now have 4 random bagseed in dirt, 2 of which are up, 2 CBD in dirt and one SSH in the dirt. Soaking a few more SSH right now in case none of the other 4 crack. Hoping for lots of girls! After sexing I will likely cut down to 4 plants at most to keep this from taking over my already busy summer.

420-magazine-mobile1582753375.jpg

420-magazine-mobile490321568.jpg

I am hopping aboard. I mix strains in my smoke all the time. Strains I know the effects of well I will mix. When I smoke higher THC stuff I like to mix with CBD strain or just take CBD oil before hand and I do find it helps with the anxiety for sure.

I am hopping aboard. I mix strains in my smoke all the time. Strains I know the effects of well I will mix. When I smoke higher THC stuff I like to mix with CBD strain or just take CBD oil before hand and I do find it helps with the anxiety for sure.
Welcome Nuckscelts, Great to know it works then! I figured as much but never had a reason to try it before. I got a vaporizer a few days ago and now am imagining creating tasty blends to try haha

Oh the drama! All of the SSH and CBD died shortly after breaking ground, was like the sprout inside the shell didn't want to open up even after the shell had fallen off. A couple I tried to help but same result. Have a few more of each in paper towel now, I am going to let the taproot get bigger before planting this time..
The 4 unknown seeds are all doing great though lol... If the SSH is a no go after this attempt I will try a purple kush or white widow leftover from last grow...
The candidates, hanging out with some broccoli sprouts
420-magazine-mobile1523894347.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1287351997.jpg

Taking a seat! Outdoor grower myself. Sorry about your loss. Was the film from inside the shells still on the leaves maybe? Keeping them from being able to open? That happens with my babies every now and then, and I have to pull it off with some tweezers and then they open up. Check out my grow if you get a chance!
GaBoy's 2017 Outdoor Adventures

Taking a seat! Outdoor grower myself. Sorry about your loss. Was the film from inside the shells still on the leaves maybe? Keeping them from being able to open? That happens with my babies every now and then, and I have to pull it off with some tweezers and then they open up. Check out my grow if you get a chance!
GaBoy's 2017 Outdoor Adventures
Come on in! Ya a couple of them I could still see a bit of the film but not sure if that was the whole problem, they were also very pale coloured and just didn't seem to be trying to unfold at all. The seeds appear fully mature but perhaps they aren't I am thinking...

420-magazine-mobile441029025.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1608103495.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1818057428.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1047861460.jpg

420-magazine-mobile170352878.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1779349380.jpg

The 4 unknowns seem pretty vigorous so far. The seedling mix was pre moistened before placing the germinated seeds and just now, a couple of days later, I gave them just a couple mls each so very little water so far, the containers are very light to pick up.
Have 3 more SSH cracked but am going to wait until the taproots are bigger and shells are looser to plant. To my noobish eye they don't look to be very strong growers, root looks thin and almost no fuzz. Think I will get a PK or WW going.. Can't make up my mind though, any votes? No action on the CBD seeds yet. I am using my laptop computer as a warmer for the paper toweled seeds in Ziploc bag under a cloth lol.

A little update, the 4 randoms are doing just fine. They have been hanging out under a t5 next to a big Southwest facing window. They get a few drops of water when DRY, about 2ml and there has been a day or two skipped as well. They are a week above ground today I believe. Still too chilly here most days to have them outside but hopefully in a week or so I will be able to pot up and start setting them out a bit!
420-magazine-mobile448557062.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2116212684.jpg

Here is an interesting example of how much these plants like light... Sun was getting low and beaming in the window, all 4 had oriented themselves like so...
420-magazine-mobile1789856906.jpg

Anyways, the SSH and CBD bagseed is not going well, had a few more SSH come up just above the surface and just fail to open. There is 2 or 3 more buried now so hoping for a miracle on that basically lol same with the cbd 2 buried but they are slow to come up.
I have a Purple Kush going though which was a CKS seed so hopefully better luck with that, it will likely be above ground today sometime I see the soil lifting a little bit.
Is it normal to have such high failure with bagseed? Pretty sure I am doing everything right!

Weather has been the shits here last couple days so the various plants have been living in the tent under the MH bulb the last 2 days. I took the 4 randoms outside a few days ago, it was a nice sunny morning about 16 or 17 C and a light breeze. Must have been a little too intense, maybe 2.5 hours, they all got some pale splotches and a bit droopy but are looking more lively now. I also watered them that morning perhaps a little too much I think.
I've got 0 cbd, 2 SSH, 1 Purple Kush and 8 randoms going. If everything remains healthy and female I hope to keep the SSH's and PK, anything else is gravy but I will cut it to 4 or less before long.. A little worried I stunted the original 4 randoms a bit so I have a couple spares in case they fail to impress.
Also picked up some glacial rock dust, and some liquid seaweed fertilizer.

Back
Top Bottom