Peaky Blinder's - 1000W HPS - Ebb & Flow - LSD Grow - First Journal

Peaky Blinder

What's up 420 fam! This is my very first grow journal and coincidently enough, my first grow altogether. I spent a bit of time on here as a pure spectator without a voice and now I'm thinking it's well time I came off the bench and got my ass in the game. :bongrip: so without further ado, I invite you to pull up a chair and get lifted as I clumsily make my way across the finish line as a noob grower:goof:

re: Peaky Blinder's - 1000W HPS - Ebb & Flow - LSD Grow - First Journal

So after culling through page after page of how to properly germinate w/ high percentage rate, I decided to soak all four seeds in tap water before plugging them each into a rapid rooter. I had a limited budget going in so there's no fancy humidity dome or heat mat to help the girls along. Some people swear by them, others are in total opposition so I decided to skip it.

Anyways I've rambled on a bit. Let's list the gear and get to some pics!

Apollo horticulture 1000w digital ballast
1ea 1000w hps/mh bulbs
60x60x80 mylar grow tent
Air-cooled hood
435cfm inline fan
400cfm 6x16in phresh filter carbon scrub
Oxygen pot system --digital (6 bucket modded to 4 bucket)
Technaflora recipe for success
Grow medium -- lava rocks
50ct rapid rooter plugs
Ph up/down
Tds meter/ph meter

Soon as I can figure out how to upload pics....standby

image17052.jpg
image17049.jpg
image17050.jpg
image17053.jpg
image17051.jpg
image17048.jpg
image17056.jpg
image17055.jpg
image17054.jpg

Any veterans out there that might be able to advise me on whether it's alright for me to leave the other end of the hood open? There's a 10in oscillating fan on the floor that I figured would quell any sort of circulation issues. But not having really run this setup or any ever, I would defer to the expert now having had a peak at what I got going on.

Will it be too hot?

That's the very beginning in broad strokes. One seed was crazy fast in popping thru to the surface. The others lagged behind a bit. Prompted me to create a makeshift seedling hut for tanning. This is my eldest little miss Barbara Sue(arbitrary name given to her by my buddy).

Welcome Peaky..
That's some great gear you got.As far as your venting goes,Im not seeing were it's venting the hot air out?
I would maybe put the scrubber on the other side of your light,pulling air threw the scrubber first then pulling threw hood and out of tent.
Im just going by what I can see in the pic's so I could be way off on how it's running.
Congrat''s on the sprout.:thumb:I had one LSD that was a freebe but it never popped.
Looking forward to the Oxygenpot system.Been watching that system for some time now,just a bit out of my price range at the moment.
Stick around man there will be other's by soon ,there ton's of knowledge here.
Im subbed and will chime in if I think I know what Im talking about.I also didn't see a hygrometer in any pic's or on your list of gear.Maybe throw one in the tent and give it a dry run,if possible.:high-five:

Jimmy! :welcome: glad to have you ride shotgun on this one. And way to go on that nug of the mo for April. I can only hope to luck up on a cool accolade like that cuz I'm knees n elbows minus green thumbs.

Anyway, after I saw your post I made a quick trip to acquire that hygrometer(I looked the damn thing up, yet it missed the shopping list)
image17077.jpg

But! A bong rip later and it's all good :bong:

The gear list req'd a lot of bargain hunting. The system in particular I fretted over for months before finally deciding on it. That, coupled with dumb luck of the site running a 25% off sale on everything around black friday(not the exact day) is what made it affordable for me. Most places listed a price that kept it out of my range and had me eying others, but still wanting this one.

You're 100% right as of right now the hot air isn't rigged to leave the tent. May be hard to tell from my crappy pix; but I'm gonna throw up another piece of ducting from the hood to the vent and blow it out the side.

Yea man,the best way to cool down a tent is to get the hot air out.
Your working with a 1000w hps and they put out a lot of heat.
I see your using Apollo ballast.I also use one and they have a dimmable option,which is nice.
You can start them on 50 percent and move it up has they get older.
Im looking forward to it all set-up a running.
Also you may want to move your cfl a little closer to help with stretching.You can get it as close as 1-2 inch's without doing any harm.Keep very close eye on them tho,it will grow it to the bulb if don't adjust daily,but again it mat just be the pic.

Yea man,the best way to cool down a tent is to get the hot air out.
Your working with a 1000w hps and they put out a lot of heat.
I see your using Apollo ballast.I also use one and they have a dimmable option,which is nice.
You can start them on 50 percent and move it up has they get older.
Im looking forward to it all set-up a running.
Also you may want to move your cfl a little closer to help with stretching.You can get it as close as 1-2 inch's without doing any harm.Keep very close eye on them tho,it will grow it to the bulb if don't adjust daily,but again it mat just be the pic.

Good looking out Jimmy on the cfl stretch tip. I actually got it in there pretty got dang close and maintained 2 bulbs maybe 2-3in away for the majority of their time in there. Hell, still got three in there.

That ballast is currently sitting on 50% w/ gas lamp routine going. Day one for my eldest. I'm waiting on a few more bags of lava rocks, which should be here by next week. Then I'll transplant the siblings

I'll post pics which I'd been meaning to do :Rasta:

From left to right: Barbara Sue, The Bride, Rita Vrataski(Edge of Tomorrow), Calamity Jane

Oldest to youngest

The Bride got her name from the first scene in Kill Bill when we see her all effed up in her wedding dress at the church. That's how I walked in on this lil lady after she broke ground for a day or so sitting in the dark while I was away. She's since bounced back from cfl rehab like the real Beatrix Kiddo

Rita has that name cuz she came flying out of the gate much quicker than anyone else. Last seed into water and a plug. Quickest to sink and broke ground right on the heels of her sisters, only she couldn't get her damn helmet(shell casing) off. Had to remove it for her.

Calamity Jane has had a heck of time coming into the world. Somehow she got all twisted up inside the plug and I'd hoped she'd correct herself but I have to slice the rooter open to free her. First night under the light she popped up as if to recover. But since then stalled completely. Assisted with helmet removal as well but still nothing

image17062.jpg

image17063.jpg
image17064.jpg

Today Dec 2nd! Finally all caught up on this thing. Today is day one veg in the tent for B.S. Just running ph tap water at 7 for a few days hopfully can hold off on the nutes til the remainder of my rocks come in next week. Prefer to make the next two transplants so they're all on the same schedule.

Using gas lantern routine with one 5min flood every 3hr during lights on. One more 5min at the one breaking up the dark period. Pics to follow

I was gonna say that they look like there ready to be potted up.I know in soil,peat,coco whatever,that when you pot then it will help them stop stretching.For some reason I always got wicked bad stretch from seed using plugs and rockwool.
Awesome your running GLR.Iv'e not ventured that way yet,but hear and see other member's swear by it.
All in all there looking good.I assume you got the venting all worked out?

I've been trying to compensate for the mad stretch issue by keeping the CFls close as possible but you're right they're ready to be potted up immediately. Problem is I've still got between 1-3 more days before my rocks come in so I'm :hmmmm: trying anything I can. Moved the rooter tray with my remaining seedling into the room next to the one girl that's already potted.

I was away for a couple days and in that time tragedy struck. Calamity Jane just shriveled up after many days being stagnant and some packaging apparently fell on top of the bride as well. So I'm doing my damnedest to see RV make her way into a pot in that room next to her sis.

I figure I'll hand water her during each flood schedule during lights on and the dark period should potentially lower whatever stress she may have been under.

Four sprouts, now down to two...

Back
Top Bottom