peat and coco based mediums!

liketupac

hey guys, i'm about to start my 4th grow. I've always had probs with finding a good medium with the right ph and everything. this time i bought canna bioterra plus, which is a coco choir and peat moss medium prefertilized with bat guano and bone meal(it's supposed to be ph adjusted but i'm gonna use some lime just in case)...i think this might be too hot to start my seeds in it right??? i was thinkin about sprouting my seeds in another mix i have wich is agro mix pro. peat based mix and transfer them in the bioterra after a few weeks would that be ok. what ph would you recommand for a coco choir and peat based medium. anyone here tried this BIO TERRA PLUS by CANNA??? And also i'm using advanced sensi 2 part nutrients (and i have some cal-mag), is there any pro with using those in that kind of medium??? Shoul i consider this medium as soil or soilless, since it's all organic (not the nutes though), i thought only a soil mix could be organic, i'm so lost please help guys???

thanks a lot

thanks for the comment .I just wanna try something new so i can find the best way that gives ME the best results. i'm gonna try it and see what happens i guess.anyone else has any input or comments???

i'll put some lime in there cuz of the peat moss and i'll be adjusting my ph to 5.9-6.0ish. i'm planning on starting the seeds in peat moss and perlite and put them in bioterra when theyre about 2 weeks old and see what happens.

you should test you run off PH from a pot of this mix and
watch out for salts buildup if its mostly coco

if i do coco instead of soil in another trial i'll be flushing out the pots
once a week to prevent fert salts buildup

I hear cotton burr is a great soil additive and has a 6 ph perfect as well as a good npk balance. Mix in worm castings, bat guano a little pickeling lime and don't forget the molasses during watering and your off to the races...
yeeeeee hawwwww:grinjoint: never reuse soil....

Back
Top Bottom