Peat moas for hydro?

RagnarLothbrok

Is pure peat moss good as a hydro medium? Currently I am using cotton just to get the seed started but I picked up som3 peat moss yesterday and would like to know if it would be good or better then the cu
Cotting in my dwc kratky method

NO! Do NOT use peat moss in hydro. It will spread throughout the system, clog up pumps & hoses & grow bacteria in the res. Use Coco, hydroton, STG, river/lava rocks, or anything else meant for hydro! ;)

NO! Do NOT use peat moss in hydro. It will spread throughout the system, clog up pumps & hoses & grow bacteria in the res. Use Coco, hydroton, STG, river/lava rocks, or anything else meant for hydro! ;)
Thank man also I don't have pumps, it's a KRATKY METHOD DWC, so no aeration needed for grow

But thabks man that helps, I don't have access to coco where I live unless I buy online on Amazon when I dont have the dough for that, I'm assuming normal rocks or gravel wouldn't work?

I have no money to spend so I'm just trying to get a medium that's cheap, also I don't have access to hydroton here either

I could go and buy a coconut? Try and make my own coir

Thank man also I don't have pumps, it's a KRATKY METHOD DWC, so no aeration needed for grow

But thabks man that helps, I don't have access to coco where I live unless I buy online on Amazon when I dont have the dough for that, I'm assuming normal rocks or gravel wouldn't work?

I have no money to spend so I'm just trying to get a medium that's cheap, also I don't have access to hydroton here either

I could go and buy a coconut? Try and make my own coir

You're better off using River Rocks you can buy cheap at any home/garden center. If you can't afford it, and don't mind working a little, you can use rocks right from your yard, or nearby river, woods, etc. Just make sure to clean & sanitize them throroughly before using in your hydro system so you don't breed bacteria in the res.

You're better off using River Rocks you can buy cheap at any home/garden center. If you can't afford it, and don't mind working a little, you can use rocks right from your yard, or nearby river, woods, etc. Just make sure to clean & sanitize them throroughly before using in your hydro system so you don't breed bacteria in the res.
Sounds good man, so normal rocks are just fine as long as their cleaned? And is the point just to hold the plant up straight then as they obviously won't retain water or nutes?
Should I worry about crushing the root?

And you saw the picture of the seed in the cotton on my other threat, should inwait forutti grow bigger or transplant into rocks now and get rid of the cotton?
Will I crush the plant ? Or roots

Hmmmm no air stone no pumps why not use peat moss ? The way you're doing it is kinda liked hemp Bucky no? I use sun shine mix it's a form of hydro as well . But it's peat moss with coco and peralite. I could be wrong :eek::ganjamon:

Hmmmm no air stone no pumps why not use peat moss ? The way you're doing it is kinda liked hemp Bucky no? I use sun shine mix it's a form of hydro as well . But it's peat moss with coco and peralite. I could be wrong :eek::ganjamon:
Look up Kratky Method on YouTube and watch a quick video on it
No oumpbis needed and probably the most simplest hydro grow out there

Back
Top Bottom