PeeJay's Perpetual Organic Homebrewed Soil - Stealth Cabinet And Greenhouse Grow

How are things going PeeJay? Been thinking about any future experiments that you would like to attempt? I see that everything is going great. We had a major temp change from the weekend to this morning. Was between 71 -79 the last 3 days. Woke up this morning & it was 31 & snow :thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake:

Really, Rain, I suppose I am using light deprivation because I move the plant inside so it never gets more than 12 hours of light. Are you covering your greenhouse at night now?

My worst weather enemy right now is humidity, SABO. It has been in the single digits most days - can't be good! It doesn't get warm enough to put the plants out at all some days, and others I can't until around 11:00 a.m. Soon the sun will get strong enough that it will roast the container the plant is in and cook the roots.

Really, Rain, I suppose I am using light deprivation because I move the plant inside so it never gets more than 12 hours of light. Are you covering your greenhouse at night now?

My worst weather enemy right now is humidity, SABO. It has been in the single digits most days - can't be good! It doesn't get warm enough to put the plants out at all some days, and others I can't until around 11:00 a.m. Soon the sun will get strong enough that it will roast the container the plant is in and cook the roots.

Sounds like you are doing light dep then, I am told this will help with flower structure and help it to finish correctly. I was so busy with work there was no way I could really do it for my plants, but now I have no excuse really. I know it is worth it. It seems like they may never finish if I don't. I am seeing mostly cloudy trichs though so I could technically harvest I think. The fragrance has really become fantastic on the P4 as well, too bad it is such a weak producer. I want to see that trich stem swelling Graytail describes and a little amber, then I will know it is time.

I currently use 10% UVB CFL bulbs, each bulb is 660 lumens/26 watts and has an effective range of 20". That is the highest intensity I've found in UVB CFLs, the lower intensities did not have a big enough effective range for my setup. They are typically used for supplemental UVB lighting for reptiles and can be found by searching for "reptile UVB bulb". They are available in the straight flourescent style bulbs as well. I place one in each corner of my 4'x2'x5' grow box during the latter half of flowering. Please note that they are very intense and if you decide to use them you should at the very least wear UVA/UVB blocking sunglasses or else turn them off when spending any significant time with your grow.

Sounds like you are doing light dep then, I am told this will help with flower structure and help it to finish correctly. I was so busy with work there was no way I could really do it for my plants, but now I have no excuse really. I know it is worth it. It seems like they may never finish if I don't. I am seeing mostly cloudy trichs though so I could technically harvest I think. The fragrance has really become fantastic on the P4 as well, too bad it is such a weak producer. I want to see that trich stem swelling Graytail describes and a little amber, then I will know it is time.

I've seen Lester do it... It can be hard to be home every day at the same time to cover the greenhouse or bring plants indoors for the dark period. If I'm worried I won't be home I just leave the plant inside under light all day. Easy with one plant - more work if there are more. Maybe you can pull it off for a week... Work has to come first, I reckon.

Your plants look good. I guess if you see them starting to re-veg chop 'em down and it will still be good smoke. :)

One picture OG update: 35 days since flip, day 28 of flower. Brix 14 / 14. From looking at other grows this strain takes 60-65 days to finish so she is about half way through with flowering. Pistils are starting to change color. Resin production is taking off.

ogw5_1.jpg

Looking real nice PeeJay! Our plants went into flower at about the same time & I still have about a month to go also. I'm hoping to get mine to finish earlier though.

That's a lot of trichomes only half way into flowering PeeJay! :thumb:

Thanks CH. This one is slower than the Darkstar was last round. It's been a fun plant to grow though. I think the low humidity is slowing things down... 16% right now and it will fall all day. Damn, the sun is bright in this low RH and at this altitude. No shortage of light!

Looking real nice PeeJay! Our plants went into flower at about the same time & I still have about a month to go also. I'm hoping to get mine to finish earlier though.

Do you have plans that will interfere with taking care of the plants if they need more time, SABO?

I find trying to control the RH here futile. I can run multiple humidifiers indoors and the dry atmosphere sucks it right up. Perhaps a really big expensive unit would do the trick. Once it gets a little warmer I'll be able to run the swamp cooler in the room where the cabinet is and that does a good job of boosting the humidity overnight. Still a couple of weeks before that will happen...

Aren't you getting a new LED, CH? That may help bring your temps down a couple of degrees.

Do you have plans that will interfere with taking care of the plants if they need more time, SABO?

PeeJay, nope, if they need more time then they are going to get it. No sense in cutting any corners with them. I'm going to post Pics on Saturday, since I have a small fan in the window of my grow room, I am sucking in cold air at night and getting the Temps down into the low 60's. The trichome production has exploded & your recommendation in my journal to use Light Addict's Back Building technique is producing some nice results. The colas are getting fatter and more uniform in shape. Thanks for leading me to that.

I agree 100% PeeJay. I have a mini swamp cooler in the grow box but with the exhaust fan running constantly to keep temps reasonable, between 80°-85°, it does nothing at all except waste electricy and water. I also cannot wait until I can run the house swamp cooler where the RH can get up to 50% or more. Yes, my new LED arrives today sometime and that is my main weapon against heat related issues this summer as there would be no other way I could grow unless I can adequately control the temperatures.

That is one beautiful looking plant you have there PeeJay. Looked up the strain and found little info on it but what I did find don't look nearly as healthy as yours. The way you have trained it, it looks a lot like the 8 Ball Kush I am seeing pictures of everywhere. Believe it or not I have never tried Kush. May be my next project, still a long way to go for that though.

Thanks for your advice on my thread, did a nute feed today, so fingers crossed this time I don't damage her.

Back
Top Bottom