Peispud

PeiSpud

420 Member
I have 2 -1200 watt led fixtures in a 4X4 area for 4 plants how far should keep The lights from the plants also is it enough light

Can get close enough to burn the leaves then its too close! 6-10" is about as close as I can get.

2400 watts in a 4x4 is a lot of light. Likely they are not drawing 1200 watts from the wall socket per light.

A 15A circuit is only 1800w so you wood be blowing fuses if they were on the same circuit.

Suggest checking the specs of you lamps and figure out the wattage "at the wall" or actual wattage draw. Anything close to say 1500w total on the same circuit will trip the breaker at start up if they both start at the same time (timer) and likely burn out your timer eventually.

To answer your question. Pin the lamps to the ceiling as high as they can go. Put a clip fan up there to keep the air moving. When/if the plants grow up to them, train the plants using LST and/or super cropping the tallest leaders.

Can get close enough to burn the leaves then its too close! 6-10" is about as close as I can get.

2400 watts in a 4x4 is a lot of light. Likely they are not drawing 1200 watts from the wall socket per light.

A 15A circuit is only 1800w so you wood be blowing fuses if they were on the same circuit.

Suggest checking the specs of you lamps and figure out the wattage "at the wall" or actual wattage draw. Anything close to say 1500w total on the same circuit will trip the breaker at start up if they both start at the same time (timer) and likely burn out your timer eventually.

To answer your question. Pin the lamps to the ceiling as high as they can go. Put a clip fan up there to keep the air moving. When/if the plants grow up to them, train the plants using LST and/or super cropping the tallest leaders.
The actual power is 120 W per fixture

I have 4 plants in 2 x 2 now and there doing great there 5 weeks since I planted them . Now I want transplant them into 10 gallon fabric pot and move them to the 4 x 4 area I thought I would have lots of light .

The lights are Tolys 1200 watt led l put a tester on them and the drawing 1.2 amps which is 144 watts Actual power

In a 2x2 you are getting approximately 60w per sqft, which is likely more than you need depending on the quality of the light output. Moving to a 4x4 tent, 4 times the area, means you will only get about 15w per square foot which will grow your bud but not well.

I will have two of these fixtures in the 4X4 area

To give you an idea how far you can go. I run about 800w at the wall in a 4x4 space with extremenly efficient LED lamps. I'm at max lighting without Co2 augmentation tho.

So you're going to be running something like 260-280w of lighting in a 4x4. Try it and see. You're plants will grow for sure. Optimally??? Wont know until you try.

I just bought some Quantum Boards to add to my setup. They are inexpensive VERY efficient and light weight easy to install. Will get the job done.

Ideally 600-800w (at the wall with LEDs) in a 4x4 but you gotta start somewhere. I started life indoor growing with a 600w HID in a 4x4. Grew great weed. You'll do fine.

Back
Top Bottom