Pennywise Does SOG Pheno Hunts Fall 2018

Speaking of Coco PW

I'm planning on taking germ seeds straight into Coco solo cups

Do I saturate the cups with water 1st? Then drop em in like I do in soil?

Should that saturated cup have 1/4 strength nutes also?

Graciass

Speaking of Coco PW

I'm planning on taking germ seeds straight into Coco solo cups

Do I saturate the cups with water 1st? Then drop em in like I do in soil?

Should that saturated cup have 1/4 strength nutes also?

Graciass
Water the coco before, 1/4 strength is good. Remember seedling use Phosphorus and calcium early on for root development. Bloom nutes are better then veg nutes at first.

I run coco but I'm researching LOS for when I start back up.
I moved from hydro to Doc's kit and have been very happy with the results and little effort involved. Brothers @Van Stank and @bobrown14 also do some magic with their own LOS mixes! :adore:

Bloom nutes are better then veg nutes at first.

far out! info bomb right there.! :peace:

I’ll be picking both their brains soon.
I am always looking forward to your grow.
I would hit those 2 first as well for info.

My Boring self, I get premix bag from build.A soil. I have no room to do what those guys do. Brilliant Mixes.
I try to keep it a simple as I can. Boring.....:nerd-with-glasses:

I’ll be picking both their brains soon.

I used Nature’s Living Organics super soil concentrate from amazon with great results. 5 gallon pots on a 27 day veg, 60 day flower. I’m using Coast of Maine compost soil now with good results as well so far 24 days in. Living soil seems to be the way to go so long as you add bacteria periodically and a sugary substrate like molasses for the bacteria to live and continue breaking down compost.

Attachments

• 47BECF27-B20E-4499-B301-6012CC793D7E.jpeg
    47BECF27-B20E-4499-B301-6012CC793D7E.jpeg
    885.9 KB · Views: 31
so long as you add bacteria periodically and a sugary substrate like molasses for the bacteria to live and continue breaking down compost.

I think the practice of adding molasses is a preference. Doc Bud's brix kits doesn't use molasses at all, yet its success is totally reliant on soil microbes. I don't use his brix kit, but I admire his techniques and learn what I can from anywhere. I use molasses in my ACT, but in his kit, users mix up all the amendments, add a little water and the microbes in the Pro Mix chomp on soft rock phosphate for 30+ days before putting plants into. My take away is whether you need the microbes to work fast like in an ACT, or whether in a soil situation where the microbes are expected to grow their colony while eating rocks. IDK if adding molasses would burn the microbe out, or spoil their appetites, I like that it has so many elements in it, but it's definitely not needed.

Back
Top Bottom