Pennywise Does SOG Pheno Hunts Fall 2018

PW (and friends), any thoughts on 24/0 light in veg? The cold spell has meant that at lights out my temps are getting below 20c and the plants range from not caring too much to hating it. I’m running 18/6 now but thinking 24/0 might be better than letting them get cold.

What if you went to 20/4? They would still get dark time but would stay warmer longer??

I've vegged under 24/0 for years. There are no issues, and you can plan on faster growth. MMJ does not require a dark period - this is an "old wives tale" that's based on some plant truth, but not truth about MMJ which will continue to process sugars and photosynthesize as long as lights are on.

PW (and friends), any thoughts on 24/0 light in veg? The cold spell has meant that at lights out my temps are getting below 20c and the plants range from not caring too much to hating it. I’m running 18/6 now but thinking 24/0 might be better than letting them get cold.
I have my seedlings in 24.. See nothing but good so far. Also have a frost guard in there with them.

Some swear by it but I am a belieber they need dark rest to progress things and break sugars down .

Some swear by it but I am a belieber they need dark rest to progress things and break sugars down .

There are many people who believe this, and, while it is true for some types of plants, it's simply NOT true for MMJ. Here are a couple of quotes I posted recently when engaged in a similar discussion:

"One way in which plants are categorized is by the way they gather and handle carbon dioxide. Cannabis is a C3 plant. It uses the CO2 it gathers during the light period, when it is photosynthesizing. Plants designated C4 also gather CO2 during the dark period for use during the light period. Many C3 plants, including cannabis, do not need a rest period. They continue to photosynthesize as long as they are receiving light.

The plant's photosynthetic rate determines its growth rate because the sugars are used by the plant to build tissue and for energy. Cannabis under continuous light will grow 33% faster than the same plants on an 18-6 light regime." - Ed Rosenthal

"Cannabis is a light demanding plant. Professional growers keep the light on their plants using the 24/0 photoperiod for this reason. Plants that grow under 24/0 flourish and do not need a quantity of darkness in order to rest and perform photosynthesis properly. Plants that are grown in optimal conditions under 24/0 light regime grow vigorusly and the benefits of a 24/0 photoperiod can be seen actively in the results. More nodes are formed, more branches are created, leaf numbers increase, the plant is growing at its finest." - Greg Green

:Namaste:

On my 2nd grow I’m doing the 6/2 for my veg light cycle. So 3 times a day I get 6 hours of light and 2 hours off. Thank god for that because of the cold weather we got. Noticed I’m watering more often but the cold air really kills the Rh and had to get a humidifier because of it. Thankfully my room temp stays in the mid 70’s range when lights on, and mid high 60’s for the dark period

There are many people who believe this, and, while it is true for some types of plants, it's simply NOT true for MMJ. Here are a couple of quotes I posted recently when engaged in a similar discussion
Thank you for this information.

Cannabis is a light demanding plant. Professional growers keep the light on their plants using the 24/0 photoperiod for this reason. Plants that grow under 24/0 flourish and do not need a quantity of darkness in order to rest and perform photosynthesis properly. Plants that are grown in optimal conditions under 24/0 light regime grow vigorusly and the benefits of a 24/0 photoperiod can be seen actively in the results. More nodes are formed, more branches are created, leaf numbers increase, the plant is growing at its finest." - Greg Green

Back
Top Bottom