Pennywise Strikes Again

I run my QB's at 280 watts(2 2x4's) and it's just SO bright and well over 1000 ppfd nearly the entire area(at 14"), even the corners get 55 - 60k. I do however need to space them(132's) just a little further apart with the crossover areas being OVER Kill. I'm thinking of adding some adjustable slides, but I'm more than happy with the results. It's too easy to get well over a gram per Watt, I grew out 3 plants that were small, tallest plant 20 inches, and well over 12 zones no problem and not even maximized at all. The most I could do with the old Mars lights is 9 zones and that's Scrogged and maximized to the best I could do with longer Veg times(and a ton of WORK). In my situation, I grew two plants for 6 half gallon jars, and 3 plants that gave up the same 6 half gallon jars. The QB 96's run a bit warmer, 5 degrees above Ambient, where the 132's about 3 degrees and no heatsinks. The 96's are really putting on the frost, I love both my setups. I prefer the 3500k 132's, they just run so cool and efficient. :volcano-smiley:

I've ran them at 260 watts with no problem, but I like 280 and a little farther away to get all bud sites crazy amounts of light. 600 watts is overkill for a 4x4, it will need to be dialed down or higher up for better spread. Options... I like Options.

Now that one of my tents is over 6 ft, I can grow them bigger, I really feel these lights can hit 16 ounces in a 2x4(without SOG style high plant count). At 280 watts, that's only 1.6g per watt, I feel it's Doable. The last run was closer to 13 zips(bout 10g short), I know it's possible with the new vertical space. The closet grow is only a 5 foot tent so it may be harder to pull off(12 isn't a problem, and definitely room for improvement, hit 1.3g per watt with no difficulty). All good, I'm never disappointed in what I get in the end. :cool:

1.26g (ish, Lil short) is really good for a passive intake very simplistic home setup. Makes me wish I had these when I had the old school 4 light setup with Co2(10x10 shed setup). I'm still testing the 2 96's, the GDP is a little over 4 weeks into bloom and crazy frosty already, this light has more Red than the 3500k's, but GDP isn't a stretchy plant at all in my experience. Maybe 10 inches vertical, but stretch out nice on the Width. I just threw the Liberty Haze in bloom 2 days ago(from 3500's to 96's), what a seed already, popped in 3 days, tough leathery leaves, nice leaf shine even early on pre-foliar, almost a semi gloss coat, vigorous grower, I defoliated it twice in Veg, just takes it like a Boss. I defoliated it 2 days prior to going into the bloom tent, and I showed my wife how bushy it was already and I wasn't easy on her, I never Am. I took 2 clones I'm so happy with the growth pattern everything about the plant, Chem/G13 cross, could be wonderful, I have a feeling about this plant and I guess it was a Cup Winner in 2011(bonus). I like when descriptions say "Unique" taste. I'm like.... o_O

Yup, that's why I do my own thing and grow what I want, if I wanted to grow what the clubs do I would grow there clones. Been there, done that... I did have great luck with an AK47 clone over a decade ago(one of the best clubs at the time), that sucker wasn't 3 feet tall and gave up a half an elbow. All the other clones in the garden, didn't amount to anything close to the single AK plant(that year 04 maybe). I took a chance on some Bay 11 clones years ago from the club in a pinch, happy with the potency, but yields weren't great, not horribly low, but big fluffy buds that were deceiving to the eye(looked like a good haul, NOT so much). Amazing bag appeal though(Purple). I like growing stuff you can't find easily, it's the REBEL in me to go against the Grain. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom