Pennywise Strikes Again

I’d rather have a mediocre worker who shows up 5 days a week rather than an awesome worker who only works 4 days a week.
Yes, that is what contractors really value in my business.

But the problem with construction was you either rode the list at the Union Hall and worked a little over half the time or you hung steady with the contractor known as a Steady-Eddie and worked 3000+ hours a year. There was no happy medium.

With one of the biggest contractors around here, all their steadies would work 40 hours during the week at the paper mill and then on the weekend would work a single 20-hour shift starting going in Friday night at a pipe mill which was all double time. So they worked 60 hours a week and got paid for 80 and would do that for decades.

I only worked half the time. :p

Sorry, I'm going to stop talking about work. :Namaste:

...oh yeah. construction work is a different animal...I remember when unions/employers, implemented call back /name hire percentages...if you were good at your job, didn't matter where you were on the union hire list, you were working...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...:hookah:...

...oh yeah. construction work is a different animal...I remember when unions/employers, implemented call back /name hire percentages...if you were good at your job, didn't matter where you were on the union hire list, you were working...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...:hookah:...
I was lucky because I got into an industry I was just good at and obviously, I'm no genius. Also, I just got bored if I wasn't doing something and the alternative was usually to listen to some idiot bitching about something so I kept busy so I was lucky I got requested a fair bit but I did get fired occasionally so it evened out.

i laugh cause i've had the pain and hate tears

I’ll be looking for a Lambsbread leaning pheno when i run mine.

i've heard you can still get the landrace. from where i do not know. i'm looking. a few years back the marley estate franchised the name. now there are hokey seedbanks pedaling "auto lambsbreath" among other things.

1-1-2021
Hey 420, I’ve been blessed with a 600w strip light from our new Sponsor @Atreum Lighting. It came packaged well and was fairly easy to assemble. I’ll be flowering my current run with the Atreum ARA 6. Still have to get it situated the way I want it hanging. I’ll start a new journal here in the next couple of days to showcase the light. Here’s a few pics I took for now.

I grew up with older friends and my Pops(born in 56) used to tell me about the Panama Red, Thai Stix(rumored to be laced at times), and that blondie Acapulco Gold. If I had a choice, it would be the GOLD! :volcano-smiley:
I can recall Thai sticks that were supposedly dipped in opium around '75-'76. I don't know if it was true. But it was potent shit. Ahh the gold. The straw colored pot of gold!!!!! Love to have some of that now....

I wonder to this day if he was trying to pull the wool over our eyes or if he really believed that. One day he said to me it was sad how many bag-lickers there were in our union becau
he was trying to get you to believe it i worked with those kind to i had a meat clerk pull his pocket knife out one day because i was getting after him to get busy i pulled my 10 in knife and his eyes got real big i tolg him get to work or get out he quit bummer!

I remember getting the opium soaked sticks. They said it came out of Vietnam with soldiers coming back to the states.
Makes perfect sense. During the same time frame we used to get grams of opium (if that is what it really was) that looked like black tar. Super sweet. We smoked it like hash. On a pin under a glass.
we had that to it was good stuff i would like to have some of those sticks now and a container of that black tar!

we got temple hash. layers of hash and opium pressed in to blocks. could be as many as 30 or so layers in gram. looked like a christmas chocolate when you cut one out.

It made me dream in color, I think it’s the only times I remember dreaming in color.

i always dream in color. i think i'd be freaked otherwise if it happened.

Back
Top Bottom