Perfect Sun 1000 Basement Grow - First Timer Welcomes Guidance

CatnipTC

CatnipTC Basement Grow Journal​

Background: Had a stroke about 5yrs ago and was forced to retire. Found that marijuana was helpful in relieving stress and keeping my blood pressure down. I was spending a lot of money on my medicine so I decided to do something about it. Started growing plants outside to help the budget. Had success but always wanted my own grow room in a basement. Fast forward to April this year. My Son wanted to help me get my grow room going so he had me build a budget. I came up with a budget of 3grand. He said fine we will have the room ready before winter hits cause he knows I grow some outside.

After doing a lot of research I came across LEDRF site for the Perfect Sun 1000 and was pretty much blown away. I could now basically build my entire grow room for the price I was going to pay for just the Kind K5 1000 alone. HPS wasn't an option for me cause I didn't want the extra cooling needed plus the high electric bill associated with HPS. I presented this to my son and he was like Ok lets order the light NOW!!!! I was shocked he broke out the credit card and said lets do it. Have to admit after we ordered the light we both were a little nervous cause we were sending $900 to a stranger with no contact number but all went well and the light arrived 8days later.

Equipment:
1: Light; Perfect Sun 1000 LED
2: Pots; 5gal Smart Pots
3: Soil; 40/40 mix of Oceans Farm Soil, Cyco CoCo Coir, 15% Cyco Wormix, 5% Vermeculite
4: 4.0 light mover with 6ft rail plus 3ft ext. rail.
5: 50ft of Panda Film

All Seeds were ordered from Gorilla Seed Bank | Worldwide Cannabis Seeds Delivery
1: Incredible Bulk 4 beans popped
The Incredible Bulk Flowering Time = 7 to 8 Weeks
An Early Finisher - Very Fast Inside or Out
600 to 1000 gr/m2 Inside, 800 to 1500 gr/seed Outdoors
Doesn't Skimp on Power in Favour of Yield - Up to 24% THC!
Sativa / Indica ratio? 80% Indica/20% Sativa

2: Devil Crème Auto 3 beans popped
Devil Cream Auto Finishes in 8 Weeks from Seed
A Bit Taller & Higher Yielding than Most Autos - 100 cm & 600 gr/m2
Extremely Potent with a Balanced Mix of Indica/Sativa Genetics
Cannabis Genetics? Black Cream Auto X Dark Devil Auto
Sativa / Indica ratio? Mixed

3: White Widow/Big Bud hybrid 2 beans popped
Massive Colas Encrusted in Widow-esqe Crystals
100% Feminized for Your Pleasure
High-Test Power with Stonking-Big Yields!
Easy and Fast – A Perfect Choice for the Greenest of the Green!
Not much info on this strain.

4: Atomic from Bomb Seeds 2 beans popped
Type: Indica/Sativa Mix
Plant Height: Medium (80-150cm)
THC: Very High (22-26%)
Yield: High (450-550g/m²)
Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor/Outdoor
Indoor Flowering: 8-9 Weeks
Harvest Outdoor: Oct

5: Critical Kush by Barneys Farm 1 bean popped
Critical Kush Flowering Time = 8 Short Little Weeks!
Knockout Stones with Classic Kush Flavour & Aroma
Medium Sized for Easy Management - 110 cm Max
Indica Dominant with Generous Amounts of CBD
Cannabis Genetics? Critical Mass X OG Kush

6: Liberty Haze by Barneys Farm 1 bean popped
Liberty Haze Flowering Time = 60 to 65 Days
2011 High Times Cannabis Cup Champion
A Great Choice Indoors or Outdoors - Foolproof!
Tart, Lime Flavour with a Decidedly Euphoric High
Sativa / Indica ratio? 60% Sativa; 40% Indica
Cannabis Genetics? G13 X Chemdawg 91

7: Lemon Auto 1 bean popped
It was a freebie from the site. Looks like they no longer carry it cant find info.

I think I covered most of the preliminaries if I missed something let me know. also this is not a sponsored grow but will appreciate anything LEDRF could add to the thread

Currently working on the update. Hope to have it up tomorrow with Pics.

forgot 1 seed. LSD-25
LSD-25 Auto Finishes in 8-9 Weeks from Seed
Deep Purple Colours with Sparkling White Crystals & Shining Black Resin
Incredible Bag Appeal - Fast Buds Favourite Automatic Seed
Tolerance Busting - Be Careful & Don't Overdo It
Cannabis Genetics? LSD X Canadian Ruderalis

20160602_1028371.jpg

Ok this pic was taken June 2.

top right plant is an outsider that I brought in when I recieved the light. This was approx. 1month under the perfect sun. I received it sometime in may i forgot. I had planned to be all organized with this journal so I entered the dates into a Calendar program but for some reason it deletes the dates entered a couple weeks after the dates past so I lost some info.

the other 3 plants are suppose to be orange kush they were also outsiders brought in when I recieved the perfect sun 1000. I have no idea if the plants are truly White Widow or Orange Kush thats what the guy I got them from said they were. they were all popped from seeds and planted sometime early April

The Bottom Middle plant is the Auto Lemon. It popped on 23 of may if my memory is correct.

In the Red Cups 4 incredible Bulk 2 Atomic 2 White Widow/Big Bud

more to come tomorrow this takes more effort then I thought

Looks great I need to switch to led I hate the heat I'm getting, I think my plants should be a lot bigger!

I'm going to tell you that this Light is great. are we allowed to curse in here? I wanted to put one before the word great. I didnt want my Basement grow until LED's got as good as HPS. I didnt want HPS cause of all the other costs associated with it. replacement bulbs, ducting, cooled hood, and Heat removal equipment. I dont need none of that with the perfect sun. Basement is a steady 68-71 deg. and 61% humidity.

All I'm running is the perfect sun 1000 and it doesnt get Hot at all. Have to say I'm Very Very Very Satisfied with this light choice so far

I'm going to tell you that this Light is great. are we allowed to curse in here? I wanted to put one before the word great. I didnt want my Basement grow until LED's got as good as HPS. I didnt want HPS cause of all the other costs associated with it. replacement bulbs, ducting, cooled hood, and Heat removal equipment. I dont need none of that with the perfect sun. Basement is a steady 68-71 deg. and 61% humidity.

All I'm running is the perfect sun 1000 and it doesnt get Hot at all. Have to say I'm Very Very Very Satisfied with this light choice so far

I usually go with either" f*n " if I'm being complementary or "f***in!" if I'm pissed. Others just go for it. We're all adults, but the mods appreciate it if we try reign it in somewhat. :laughtwo:

I'm so glad the light is working out for you and that your voice is no longer a solitary song here. Things are picking up. I'm impressed with the strains you chose. May I ask, what your criteria were in making the choices? Are there symptoms left from the stroke you're trying to treat? Are you finding the relief you hope for, or are you still seeking the strains that will be best for you?

I didnt really have a criteria for what I chose. I just wanted a variety of different types so I can see which one helps me the most. I did research on what people had success with in here and basically made my choice from that. always loved the look of purp so I had to get me a couple strains of that. Hope they turn out Dark purp instead of that half and half stuff I've seen. Glad to have you aboard sue. I had an eye on your Dark Devil grow. I went with the Devil Cream cause its suppose to yield more then the dark devil

Back
Top Bottom