Perfect Sun LED: Max Yield Sponsored Light Review!

I would like to start off with a huge thank you to Neil from @Perfect Sun LED for choosing me to showcase his Max Yield light.
Soo let’s dig right in to the details, this light is easily underestimated in size from the pictures online, but as to be expected, for a led style light to be able to cover a 5’x5’ area, it would heave to be of some decent size to actually cover that area. The room I have the light setup in is 5’x6’, slightly larger than the light is rated for but should work without issue. Right now I currently have the light centered in the room but I feel when I attempt to do a max yield run with the light I am going to shift the light slightly closer to the wall away from the 16” fan soo there’s an even coverage at least on 3 sides, if it falls off slightly on the door side of the room, it will just give me a little spot to actually stand and tend to things :rofl:
The Max Yield is claimed to draw 650 watts from the wall and judging by the wife saying her eyes hurt from around the corner when I flipped this bad boy on, I’d say it pulls every bit of that claim.
To start for now, we’re finishing off a set of clones in soil from the sponsored Girl Scout Cookies grow from Weed Seeds Express. Those plants are roughly 4-5 weeks into flower, and there’s also a grand daddy purple plant in there as well hiding in the corner. In preparation for a massive harvest test, we have some more Girl Scout Cookies however these ladies are in hydro and should show the potential of the light well as you can see the difference in growth from the plants that are flowering to the plants in hydro, all were literally cut on the same day… Enough rambling, here’s some pictures to enjoy.

73519FCE-0CA5-4E5B-99F9-636CDE1C96C7.jpeg

1BA96E9A-3861-46A9-8DDA-D9BDB9A4B33B.jpeg

517A9C41-BCC9-445F-8F44-3F320EB45486.jpeg

9DDAA649-1880-4419-B9B4-726FEF4F0128.jpeg

A3FC9980-F144-4755-90CE-D656DF60BF2D.jpeg

12AEEEE5-9C7B-4071-87DD-C4D5AEE40F26.jpeg

6175EE6D-6909-4D6F-98C9-98E1FA9C39CB.jpeg

Thanks buddy! That light looks cool! Looking forward to seeing the progress. Love SOG grows for those huge arm length buds :)
This current batch of clones I’m going to finish off the way they are, however when the hydro plants move in I’m going to do something new to me, I’m going to make a trellis frame (with pvc most likely) to fit a roughly 4.5’x4.5’ space. I’m going to fill the net roughly 1/2-2/3 then flip to flower, this should ensure 100% coverage in the 4.5x4.5 space with big dense buds. I’ve only had 2 attempts with screens and they didn’t end out well but those have both taught me what not to do as well as watching what other members here successfully do, soo it will be a learning and teaching experience as well along the way.

This current batch of clones I’m going to finish off the way they are, however when the hydro plants move in I’m going to do something new to me, I’m going to make a trellis frame (with pvc most likely) to fit a roughly 4.5’x4.5’ space. I’m going to fill the net roughly 1/2-2/3 then flip to flower, this should ensure 100% coverage in the 4.5x4.5 space with big dense buds. I’ve only had 2 attempts with screens and they didn’t end out well but those have both taught me what not to do as well as watching what other members here successfully do, soo it will be a learning and teaching experience as well along the way.
Ahh nice. Yeah I use scrog netting I find it really helps space out those buds. If you top and lst aswell you can really fill an area. Im running 3 plants in a 2ft x 5.5ft and I could still have used more space lol. It's a longer veg time than SOG but I think it's more useable buds. Those arm length buds look impressive but practically you cant smoke or sell them like that and the drying can be an issue if your not well ventilated. But there's nothing like that feeling of a 40 gram cola heheh

The cheap ones are always a fail for me. I just get one of the decent single plug socket ones. I use extension leads but only for my fans and all extensions have surge protect just incase lol. I bought a smoke and carbon monoxide detector for the room too. I only buy made for grow ones now have 2000 watt max amount which is more than enough for any crop lol. I've never found a cheapish decent digital one that lasts though lol

The cheap ones are always a fail for me. I just get one of the decent single plug socket ones. I use extension leads but only for my fans and all extensions have surge protect just incase lol. I bought a smoke and carbon monoxide detector for the room too. I only buy made for grow ones now have 2000 watt max amount which is more than enough for any crop lol. I've never found a cheapish decent digital one that lasts though lol
I learned years ago don’t go cheap on those. The one that just failed was a titan apolo 8, worked great for a few years, but everything has a life span. And my equipment isnt treated the nicest. I was drawing nearly 14 amps for a long time from it and is only rated for 15, can’t complain there. I’ll probably get the same thing again. And a couple other things while I’m at the grow shop.. Hoping like hell they have black 5 gallon buckets back in stock. I need more buckets for DWC, have plenty drilled for RDWC already but that does me no good at the moment. Lol

Jees how much are you growing haha.
I learned years ago don’t go cheap on those. The one that just failed was a titan apolo 8, worked great for a few years, but everything has a life span. And my equipment isnt treated the nicest. I was drawing nearly 14 amps for a long time from it and is only rated for 15, can’t complain there. I’ll probably get the same thing again. And a couple other things while I’m at the grow shop.. Hoping like hell they have black 5 gallon buckets back in stock. I need more buckets for DWC, have plenty drilled for RDWC already but that does me no good at the moment. Lol
Really can't wait to see the results of this run. Going to be big girls haha

Jees how much are you growing haha.

Really can't wait to see the results of this run. Going to be big girls haha
Just enough, and then a little bit more hahaha. I can’t help myself sometimes, I just love growing and trying to get things fully dialed in has had me running more than I usually would to manage keeping smoke on hand, and to keep multiple strains going at the same time. And that goes for me as well, going to put plenty of training time into these ladies to ensure they grow big and yield the most they can.

Was at Home Depot yesterday , still no black buckets here either. Had to go to Lowe’s and get dark blue buckets.

Just enough, and then a little bit more hahaha. I can’t help myself sometimes, I just love growing and trying to get things fully dialed in has had me running more than I usually would to manage keeping smoke on hand, and to keep multiple strains going at the same time. And that goes for me as well, going to put plenty of training time into these ladies to ensure they grow big and yield the most they can.
Hehe I completely understand. This next run I'm doing my usual closet grow and then a 4ft x 4ft tent hehe. I'm looking forward to trying some new strains too and doing my first journal. I hope I've not bit off too much lol.

Was at Home Depot yesterday , still no black buckets here either. Had to go to Lowe’s and get dark blue buckets.
Eeeew that upsets me. Everyone knows dark blue buckets are a pale imitation of the original muhahahah:Rasta:

I literally JUST left Lowe’s resorting to the blue buckets and 1/2” pvc for a trellis frame lol, gotta do what ya gotta do. Except using white buckets. Local grow shop has had the black ones on order for almost 4 months now… wishing I hadn’t drilled soo many holes in all my buckets now, I have probably 30+ that are already drilled. ughhh.. :hmmmm:
Hehe I completely understand. This next run I'm doing my usual closet grow and then a 4ft x 4ft tent hehe. I'm looking forward to trying some new strains too and doing my first journal. I hope I've not bit off too much lol.

Eeeew that upsets me. Everyone knows dark blue buckets are a pale imitation of the original muhahahah:Rasta:
My best yielding grow was done using 5 gal Lowe’s buckets prior, my ocd wants black ones though….:nervous-guy:
Good thing about biting off too much, you can always regurgitate a little bit lmao.. I currently have a:
10’x20’ greenhouse
2’x2’x2’ with a cfl for cloning
2’x4’ with a 4 bulb t5 for veg
2’x3’ with home built COB for veg and/or flower
And the 5’x6’ now housing the Max Yield which will now be a room for veg and flower. I’m now debating building another 2’x3’ and/or another 2’x4’ for another flower space. I can veg plants like crazy but having enough room to flower everything perpetually has been my issue and end goal. On top of finding time to manage everything after 60-70+ hour work weeks. What’s that thing called sleep? :rip::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom