Perfect Sun Mini, 400W HPS, Coco, Drip System: Gorilla Bomb, Chemdog & More

Slinks

So I've been growing on a small personal scale for 10 years. 6 months ago I moved country and was hit by a multitude of climate issues I'd never experienced. I got around 300g from a 4 x 4 area with 500w of light in but I had real issue with 1 plant and I over defoliated during flower to compensate for humidity and stunted my plants. I also had never used wilma system which opened up some major grow design flaws due to being unable to fully access and drain the underneath res. I hope some others can learn from my mistakes as was my first grow journal and probably one of the least impressive grows I've done. Anyway as always with new setups was an experiment to see what worked and what didnt. This time Im hoping for some better results from a similar slightly modified setup and some different plant training techniques.

What strain is it? Currently got 1x Chemdog bag seed, just popped 1x Money Maker, ordered Gorilla Bomb seeds and have a lemon amnesia that i may potentially reverse using silver thiosulphate to make pollen

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg, seedling and not even arrived

Indoor Coco

Size of light? 400w hps, perfect sun mini, may add another 400w or LED during this round i think
Is it aircooled? yes
Temp of Room/cab? ROASTING... I live in lanzarote, I struggled to get temps below 26c last time and that was winter!
RH of Room/cab? High! 50-90% rh all year... currently sitting around 50-60 mark
PH of media or res? Its coco and should be 5.8-6.2
Any Pests ? New neighbours in two adjoining houses... lets hope they are cool ;)
How often are you watering? When they need... drippers 1-5x daily
Type and strength of ferts used? So far Hesi TNT, Super Vit, House and Garden Roots Excellurator but I may try add some great white mycorizzea and maybe not use hesi coco this round and opt for AN, Buddhas Tree Range or Ionic Bloom. Im gonna see what my tight budget allows at time but trying to follow cultivators feeding recipe and modify it depending on what I can get here and what I can get delivered without paying twice as much in shipping.

Ok so lets get started.

I popped a seed I found in chemdog from The Klinic Association in Lanzarote. Could be hermie created or could be a male pollinated I have no idea but was nice bud and I wanted to practise some training. Its in cheap soil mixed with coco as i was just experimenting and didnt plan on moving it inside

So Chemdog started life outside on the patio, once it had 5 nodes I topped it at the second node, removed the first node stems, so I had a Y shaped plant. I then used twist tyes to bend these stems down and grow the flat. I also used a variation of supercropping on each stem coming off the main trunk.. I basically take the stems and rub them between my finger till it starts to soften in middle and then I twist the plant till I feel the break and then just support it... My theory is that the knuckle that forms after allows nutrients to flow to the bud better and so this one plant will have a super nutrient highway going to every branch and bud. What doesnt kill it makes it stronger, right?!

These photos were about a week ago, just after I bought her inside. I'll get some more recent photos up soon.

Subbed for the ride. Looking good so far, I will be growing Chemdog on my next run. How do you like the PS mini? I have the PS COB and I’m liking it so far. ✌️

Honestly was really impressed with mini until week 5 of flower when i fucked the plants under it by over defoiling in my first too crowded scrog in an attempt to battle humidity with rh outside being 80% during winter. I def stunted their growth as the back 2 under just hps suddenly overtook. I got led burn too and was stuggling to get it close 12inches during flower without burning the leaves.
Im taking it out the tent and gonna use it to have a single plant cabinet for mothers or experiments or veg. multi purpose.. this grow will really show its power as i wont run it alongside hps this time, just on its own.

My problem with great white is delivery is €40 plus i have to pay import tax on top of the price of product... wish i could find a way to get it cheaper Im not up for spending 100 on one product. I can get other mycorizzea products in grow shop.
Im gonna chat to cult tommorow and see what he thinks about the other products or if i should just bite the bullet n eat crisp sandwiches for a week ;)

How u liking cropking seeds? I heard mixed reviews? some nice strains there

Looking good so far......

:popcorn:
Yea that plant may or may not be male or female or both and could be chemdog or a hybrid mix cos its bagseed not the best start but its a start, the journal will kick off properly once my seeds arrive, n i get the dripper system set up. Im gonna try construct another lil cuboard for the chemdog/veg/mothers/clones, if its male i may keep the pollen or i might just get rid n reverse the lemon amnesia which is what i really wanna do. So depending on my time this journal should have a variety of training methods and some reverse sex or pollen collecting.

I also got a money maker just sprouted, i was hugely dissapointed with this strain on my last grow its curing now but its not all that great imo... the lemon amnesia grown side by side just blows it out the water. I did notice that some kushs respond poorly to defoilation. So im gonna grow out this one last seed from the pack as 1 big cola no topping or major defoil and see what I get.

How’s it going slinks thought I’d grab a chair as interested in the Gorilla bomb as everyone is Gorilla mad atm probably a fad you know how it goes but I have read the gg#4 is prone to Hermie and I can’t afford any fuck ups as I am growing to get myself out of shitty business venture that peat tong, the training looks stella mate, cheers

How’s it going slinks thought I’d grab a chair as interested in the Gorilla bomb as everyone is Gorilla mad atm probably a fad you know how it goes but I have read the gg#4 is prone to Hermie and I can’t afford any fuck ups as I am growing to get myself out of shitty business venture that peat tong, the training looks stella mate, cheers
Hey mate,
Welcome
Just remember quality is more important than profit dont cut corners you will be rewarded for your 10/10 product rather than a cash crop...
I been growing for 10 years maybe 1 or 2 small grows a year, im not claiming to be a pro and my last grow on here wasnt my best, but i do know a thing or too so stick around and we will see what the gorilla bomb is like when they turn up!
The problem with hermie trait is its caused by bad growing conditions.... feminised seeds are what they say feminised, the trait to hermie more easily under stress however can be passed on by inexperienced breeders....but Ive never grown a hermied plant so im not expecting this too either :)

Yes slinks I know what your saying about hermies had a grow space above a triple garage something was causing the plants to hermie and I was fucked if I could find it l used to go up there as lights went off to try and find the culprit but with know luck still to this day I don’t know what cause it it ruined a crop and a half of 32 plants but since setting up a tent in the garage I haven’t seen one since thank god as it nearly stink me bad days!
As for the great white powder I can’t recommend it enough with the gold h&g root excellerator which the cult put me on but I have some xtreme gardening mykos which I am going to give a go next run as they charge like a wounded buffalo as the other one is like 5 times cheaper I’ll let you know as I’ll try side by side test with both, cheers

I already use H n G I would use great white but budget and cant get it locally so gotta import it and pay double... will see tho :) Shiiiiit 32 beautiful ladies ruined i dont wanna think about it :eek:

Yer one full crop of 32 6 weeks into flower and then 16 on the next run was taking them out one by one 2 to 3 weeks into flower and the other 16 that made it didn’t even cover cost I nearly threw the towel in but I have had three top crops since so back in the game thank fuck!
As for the xtreme stuff it’s surpose to be one form of mycorrhizal there reasoning is that why mix lots of different ones together as the one they have is the most dominant one and will eat all the others who knows but for the money saving I’ll give it a go they have three forms of it one is in like tea bags two is granules for sprinkling and the wp is fine powder that water soluble the granulated one is £25 a kilo and the wp is £45 a kilo on the bay and they say you will never burn plants with it check it out on the tube, cheers

Sweet! It’s must be a pain having shipped out there wondering weather there even going to turn up or not? Get those bad boys in some damp paper towels and crack on can’t wait to see what there like heard good things about them, cheers

Sweet! It’s must be a pain having shipped out there wondering weather there even going to turn up or not? Get those bad boys in some damp paper towels and crack on can’t wait to see what there like heard good things about them, cheers

It takes 2 - 4 weeks for anything to arrive - it all goes to spain first then gran canaria then here, so take friggin ages...no amazon prime here :(
Cleared out a tall clothes cupboard and got a veg/mother/clone cabinet now too.
I reckon my gbomb n purp will catch up and overtake the chemdog.. its in soil and with the training and topping going pretty slow. Im gonna stick everything else in coco.

20litre+ fabric or airpots will see what they got down a new growshop thats opened up..i spoke to matey n he can order anything i need for me, so less worry bout it coming to address at least but I dunno bout waiting 4 weeks.. i know they got no advanced nutrirents or buddhas tree tho :( I reckon tnt for veg n ionic bloom for flower and then im not sure what supplements to go with until i get there... no website :( slack spanish.

I was pretty dissapointed with last yeild for the lighting and space... never used plastic pots or an led, only airpots or fabric (rhizo) n never 11litre way too small for big plants. just wanted to see what wilma could do on its own. just need to modify it slightly to get much better results :) I know in UK the good growshop i used to go to already modify it for you to include better pots pumps n drip systems but i stuck with auto pots which bottom feed plants from underneath of the pot by flooding a resevoir controlled by a float for my watering method in uk. Was good system but I fancied something different for a change. And im not convinced by the hydro dwc based on the fact that coco is way more forgiving. I just think that giving yourself a margin of error and still having speedy grows is the key.

Been using AirPots the last two grows but don’t like them at all there messes as plus I used small pots and multi feed in flower I root bind them so I can whack feed to run off at the end of flower three to four times when lights on but with having a big root mass they piss out the side holes so I tried slow drippers but they block to easy so hand feeding atm takes so long

Back
Top Bottom