Perfect sun?

Oldgrowth

You may label your powerful expensive lights "Perfect Sun" but I'll take San Diego's version any day. I take it outdoors and enjoy it as much .(today a predicted 75 and sunny for example, as my kush ladies apparently do as well. We will keep company again today as the Solstice charges at us. If only I could photosynthesize but that is not the way of my people.

Lets hear it for SoCal sun. I'm in the county just north of you. I was a little pouty about the June gloom earlier this month but that's gone now.

When did they go in the ground (or pots?)

Um, ok.

Not everyone is lucky enough to grow outdoors. Don't knock a great product intended for indoor growers.

Nothing will ever match the natural sun's power for growing, but the PS LEDs are pretty damn great.

Cheers and happy growing!

Lets hear it for SoCal sun. I'm in the county just north of you. I was a little pouty about the June gloom earlier this month but that's gone now.

the
Dugan thanks for asking, after some germination issues Hindu kush in 4" peat pots were planted late April, OG kush a week or two later. The biggest HKs (two double headers) are about 3' tall X 3' in diameter now, the OG are more like 2' X 2' now. It's been interesting to see the nuances in how the 2 strains differ in growth and appearance, but both have that glorious kush vitality and lushness, particularly the double headers.

Aren't these present beautiful sunny days out here superb for growing?

Of course even completely overcast some photons are doing their job, even w/ 1/10 the lumens but full sun by 9 am sure gladdens the heart. I hope your ladies are basking in sunshine and growing well too.

Sounds wonderful. Mine get limited sun, maybe a little more than 5 hours. The problem with growing in suburbia is my neighbors tall trees. They're stealing a couple of hours in the morning. Then as the sun moves across the sky my other neighbors trees and house shade them again. Oh well, we'll see what happens.

Happy growing!

I have the perfect sun Goliath and cob my Goliath has given me some of my best yields and quality is unmatchable. I am growing Brisker og, and some hso strains and all are covered in trichs and they seem to finish faster under this spectrum my plants are breeder recommend for 63 days I think they will be done by 55-60

I start them indoors in peat pots with LEDs and a heat pad early in March, others will follow. It's into the ground in early April and I'm really sure to disassemble the pot bottom for the roots to spread.. Now in early May the biggest, both Kush and Sativa hybrids, are around 20" and showing many tops. Flowering will begin around late July and I will harvest by mid-October for the Kush perhaps later for the Sativa. So far, so great for 2018 Spring sunshine, No?

Nice work harnessing the sun. Always best to grow outdoors, if it is possible. W/ 20" in mid-May, ya plainly got the right climate & good on you for putting it to good use!

Now that the June Gloom seems to have passed the yard out back is bathed in that perfect California sunshine. The product that promises to be abundant this grow Andihalped, adds to the harmony of other thriving green Mediterranean and native residents. This includes 3 Hindu Kush and 2 Gorilla Glue ladies about 36X36 at this stage, the GG4s clearly lighter in color and densely packed with tops. I use some meds to fight a progressive nerve disease that seriously curtails my mobility, most I give away at this point in my life, as much fun as the growing itself. I advocate to older folks to use medical Cannabis and to grow it if they are able. For me at 77, as former vigor slips away, there's an unexpected joy in the abundant life that flourishes in my San Diego yard. Like the quality of mercy as Portia had it, I feel twice blessed.

Nice strain lineup! I'm very fond of both GG4 & Hindu Kush, though I haven't grown either, just consumed 'em. I'm guessing that 36x36 in early June, they're going to be very big plants!

In early July Andihalped, and we are at 4ft+ for 4 ladies and 5ft+ for one lush HK plant likely to show female but not yet. They are a bit wider than tall and impenetrable with lush growth. They are the fullest plants I have known. Any credit I believe is due to the improvements in the soil that naturally happen in the same sunny location over the years. The only coup I might count is for persistence and what I've learned from the generosity of other growers (including y'all.) I'm guessing that they will stretch to 7 ft by sept/oct blooming. Both strains are good smokes and I really don't obsess over THC levels tho anticipate that the GG4 will be quite potent.

Are you growing this year Andihalped? If so, hows it going?

Great update, Oldgrowth. Sounds like they're doing great. GG4 is definitely one of my favorite strains.

I am growing outdoors this year. 4 different hybrids, all fairly fast finishers...they should be done by late September. They're looking good. Wide & short due to heavy LST--I'm going to let 'em go vertical, starting next week. Legal grow, but I try to keep 'em under 5 feet.

I never worry about THC levels either, as long as the buzz is pleasant. So far, everything I've grown is plenty fine.

Back
Top Bottom