Perpetual Feminized Autoflowers - Sponsored by Intelligent-Gro LED

Wow Thanks everyone!!

Having friends to share with is 100% of the fun of writing journals.

I'm really thankful to have so many great growers show up! :)

LED Vs HID growing.

Thermal radiation is a way heat transfers that does not rely upon any contact between the heat source and the heated object. For example, we feel heat from the sun even though we are not touching it. Heat is transmitted through empty space by thermal radiation. Everyone knows LED's produce less heat, but what I almost never see discussed is how much each type of light produces as thermal radiation. HID lights seem to run best at a room temperatures around 75 degrees, but is the same true of LED lighting? Because of thermal radiation emitted from HID's the actual canopy temperature under HID lighting is ten degrees higher than room temperatures, but under LED's the canopy is stable at room temperature, so my plan is to experiment with my LED's with room temps at 85 degrees to achieve the same transpiration experienced by plants under HID lighting. My hypothesis is one reason LED's get a bad rep is because room temps are treated the same as HID setups. I'm not saying this is a game changer, but something I wanna try out. What do you all think? :)

LED Vs HID growing.

Thermal radiation is a way heat transfers that does not rely upon any contact between the heat source and the heated object. For example, we feel heat from the sun even though we are not touching it. Heat is transmitted through empty space by thermal radiation. Everyone knows LED's produce less heat, but what I almost never see discussed is how much each type of light produces as thermal radiation. HID lights seem to run best at a room temperatures around 75 degrees, but is the same true of LED lighting? Because of thermal radiation emitted from HID's the actual canopy temperature under HID lighting is ten degrees higher than room temperatures, but under LED's the canopy is stable at room temperature, so my plan is to experiment with my LED's with room temps at 85 degrees to achieve the same transpiration experienced by plants under HID lighting. My hypothesis is one reason LED's get a bad rep is because room temps are treated the same as HID setups. I'm not saying this is a game changer, but something I wanna try out. What do you all think? :)

It definitely warrants further research. I've held my hand underneath my LED and felt [a small amount of] heat but it's at a certain point about half a foot from the light; any closer or further away and there's no heat. because of the mixed setup i have, I've not been able to experiment with it to see if there's any warming on the canopy. I can only assume at this point that it doesn't warm up the canopy.

Tray one update.

TRAY-ONE-UPDATE-10-16-14-02.JPG

Tray one has two feminized Carmel Five Autos, and four feminized Pink Salad.

TRAY-ONE-UPDATE-10-16-14-01.JPG

The Carmel Five Autos were started two weeks ago. I did that to sync finishing time with the Pink Salad Autos.

TRAY-ONE-UPDATE-10-16-14-03.JPG

The Pink Salad are extra, and may not finish at all, because of how huge the C5 got on my last grow.

The one C5 took up a whole tray by itself, so I'm using the PS as an insurance policy.

To make sure I get a tray full of buds. Because you never know for sure how large your autos can get.

Can you tell I broke out all new Coco this time?

My room temp is nearly always 84 lights on and 77 lights off. I am using a 21/3 light schedule this time and growth is phenomenal.

Now that colder temps are coming, I am not sure what my temps will be.

I will be watching you with your choice of room temp. One that I think is probably average with most LED growers.

Really enjoyed your previous journal and I am just drooling for the education I will get in this journal. Thanks for doing what you do Toker. My CS is in the mailbox (same brand and ppm as you suggest in your journal), my home made never got above 21ppm and I tried at least five times. I will be spraying Fast and Vast number 2, name is Vast, Saturday. Fast and Vast number 1, named Fast, will be harvested tomorrow. Vast is a foot taller than Fast and a foot wider, well over 3 feet tall. She isn't flowering yet even though she popped out of the root riot plug on the same day, almost at the same hour. I can't wait to start spraying and looking for balls. Did I say that? Jeez...

WJ

Thanx Toker for the invite. Perpetual grow, that's exactly where I am going with my autos,hence the need for CS fem seeds. Great minds think alike.you are a great teacher. Very excited to see where you go with this.:thanks::goodjob:

subbed for sure!

Looking great so far!:high-five:

what strains u gonna be throwing in tray 2 and 3??

subbed for sure!

Looking great so far!:high-five:

what strains u gonna be throwing in tray 2 and 3??

All five of the strains I've worked with in the seed making journal will be grown out in this one.

Hopefully the last two will be ready when needed.

I enjoy announcing exactly what I'm doing as it happens tho.

So lets not spoil the surprize bro. :)

Hey Toker, I saw in your CS journal that you used JR peters nutrients. Could you tell me which ones you use and how you use them. If I was correct , you said you used the same formula from start to finish?

Yup I use their combo of 5-12-26 Hydroponic, and 15-0-0 Calcium Nitrate, and because I grow autoflowers I never go past half the recommended mix. In flower I add Koolbloom liquid, and Koolbloom dry also at half the recommended strength. My plan is to move the plants forward through my three trays as they mature. Each tray with it's own nutrient goals. Tray one starts from seed, and I slowly bring up the JR Peters mix to full (half) strength. When I move the plants to tray two I introduce the Koolbloom liquid. Tray three is the finishing tray where I add Koolbloom dry, and then flush before harvest. As I harvest I move the plants forward, and start new seeds in tray one. My goal is to harvest a tray of plants every three to four weeks, but I know I'll have to be a bit flexible when allowing the plants to finish properly. So yes I do use JR Peters from start to finish, but add the Koolbloom in flower. I also add epsom salt to complete the JR Peters formula for Cannabis.

Yup I use their combo of 5-12-26 Hydroponic, and 15-0-0 Calcium Nitrate, and because I grow autoflowers I never go past half the recommended mix. In flower I add Koolbloom liquid, and Koolbloom dry also at half the recommended strength. My plan is to move the plants forward through my three trays as they mature. Each tray with it's own nutrient goals. Tray one starts from seed, and I slowly bring up the JR Peters mix to full (half) strength. When I move the plants to tray two I introduce the Koolbloom liquid. Tray three is the finishing tray where I add Koolbloom dry, and then flush before harvest. As I harvest I move the plants forward, and start new seeds in tray one. My goal is to harvest a tray of plants every three to four weeks, but I know I'll have to be a bit flexible when allowing the plants to finish properly. So yes I do use JR Peters from start to finish, but add the Koolbloom in flower. I also add epsom salt to complete
the JR Peters formula for Cannabis.

Epsom salt? How do you use that? When do you use it ? What does it do? I have 3 trays, one in each phase. Seedling, growth and finish. As soon as I can get a 4 bulb flourescent fixture I will be growing 3 in each phase. I am about to plant 2 pots with the seeds I produced using your CS journal. Auto Berry. Although the seed stock I purchased didn't have a consistent characteristics between them. Out of 5 seeds , the first seed was a very nice ,uniform female I used to make male,one was male, one was very tall sativa dominant , 1 is a very short indica dominent and the last one is somewhere in between. I pollinated the sativa dominent and the very short indica dominant . Hopefully i can created a stable more consistent seedstock. Have you ever experienced your water leaves turning yellow and dropping about 4-5 weeks in? I am not overwatering . I was thinking my growth nutrient may be to weak.Thanx again for the info Toker. You are a weed scholar and gentleman. Be safe and be blessed.

Back
Top Bottom