Perpetual Feminized Autoflowers - Sponsored by Intelligent-Gro LED

Epsom salt is the household name. It's also known as magnesium sulfate which is a little more revealing.

Here's a copy, and paste from Wikipedia.

"In gardening and other agriculture, magnesium sulfate is used to correct a magnesium or sulfur deficiency in soil; magnesium is an essential element in the chlorophyll molecule, and sulfur is another important micronutrient. It is most commonly applied to potted plants, or to magnesium-hungry crops, such as potatoes, roses, tomatoes, lemon trees, carrots and peppers."

The JR Peters mix is low in both magnesium, and sulfur. So epsom salt is added to complete that mix. I use what's called the 3-2-1 formula. In a gallon of tap water I mix three parts 5-12-26 Hydroponic, two parts 15-0-0 Calcium Nitrate, and one part epsom salt. Mixing is pretty easy. I use measuring scoop spoons. For both 5-12-26 Hydroponic, and 15-0-0 Calcium Nitrate I use a 1/4 teaspoon scoop, and the epsom salt I use a 1/8 scoop. They mix easily with tap water. In fact the formula is made to use with tap water.

They have another formula for RO water if you wanna go that route. I've never tried it tho.

It might a bit confusing how I use the 1/4 teaspoon scoop for both 5-12-26 Hydroponic, and 15-0-0 Calcium Nitrate, because the ratio is supposed three parts 5-12-26 Hydroponic, and two parts 15-0-0 Calcium Nitrate, but by weight it's 100% correct. The 5-12-26 Hydroponic is heavy, and gritty, and the 15-0-0 Calcium Nitrate is light, and fluffy. (like powdered laundry soap)

You can give it a try, and let us know how it works out. I think powder collects easy, and nanner pollen won't store well myself. That is if storing it is your plan, but I've never tried storing nanner pollen. Most people wanna dry it so it grinds more easily. (I think drying means dying myself tho) but I might have tried storing some if I had any I wanted to save. Like some IBL pollen, and not all the F1 pollen I've been making. Congrats on your first fem seeds bro! Let them dry a month before popping any. :)

If you doing the dry, grind, and dump it may work good. idk

I'd be interested to find out how this goes as well :)

I should get balls but i do have a grinder and this seems like it'd be so eash to just grind em up and collect the pollen in the kief tray.

Tray one update.

TRAY-ONE-UPDATE-10-16-14-02.JPG

Above is tray one on 10-16-14.

tray-one-update-10-23-14-01.png

Here is tray one only seven days later 10-23-14.

The C5 is really taking off, and the Pink Salad is working on a tiny set of third leaves.

I started soaking some new feminized beans today for my next tray. :)

It's a little early, but I'm anxious to get things growing.

hmmmmm

If you love cannabis information movies like I do don't dare miss this one!

The Culture High

[video=youtube_share;ryHoskV8pZM]
[/video]

It demonstrates with crystal clarity what utter nonsense the entire "war on drugs" is!

How important places like 420 Magazine are to fighting back,

and how literally it's making all the difference in the world.

Do whatever it takes to watch this very important, and fantastic cannabis film.

Hi
Epsom salt is the household name. It's also known as magnesium sulfate which is a little more revealing.

Here's a copy, and paste from Wikipedia.

"In gardening and other agriculture, magnesium sulfate is used to correct a magnesium or sulfur deficiency in soil; magnesium is an essential element in the chlorophyll molecule, and sulfur is another important micronutrient. It is most commonly applied to potted plants, or to magnesium-hungry crops, such as potatoes, roses, tomatoes, lemon trees, carrots and peppers."

The JR Peters mix is low in both magnesium, and sulfur. So epsom salt is added to complete that mix. I use what's called the 3-2-1 formula. In a gallon of tap water I mix three parts 5-12-26 Hydroponic, two parts 15-0-0 Calcium Nitrate, and one part epsom salt. Mixing is pretty easy. I use measuring scoop spoons. For both 5-12-26 Hydroponic, and 15-0-0 Calcium Nitrate I use a 1/4 teaspoon scoop, and the epsom salt I use a 1/8 scoop. They mix easily with tap water. In fact the formula is made to use with tap water.

They have another formula for RO water if you wanna go that route. I've never tried it tho.

It might a bit confusing how I use the 1/4 teaspoon scoop for both 5-12-26 Hydroponic, and 15-0-0 Calcium Nitrate, because the ratio is supposed three parts 5-12-26 Hydroponic, and two parts 15-0-0 Calcium Nitrate, but by weight it's 100% correct. The 5-12-26 Hydroponic is heavy, and gritty, and the 15-0-0 Calcium Nitrate is light, and fluffy. (like powdered laundry soap)

Thanx Toker, amazing info once again and enlightening. I am going to make some adjustments to my nutes and hope I can get my stuff looking closer to yours...

Nice update Toke! the group is looking good.:high-five:

Thanks for the trailer to the movie ill be watching it for sure!:volcano-smiley:

I always just ripped them open wet, but that's mostly because I've been anxious to post my results. I've seen other growers say it's best to dry your buds before harvesting seeds. It's been said they develop further as they dry. I don't know if that's true, because my seeds always germ great. I think they may be real easy to harvest dry tho, so idk.

Ok so all the plants previously on tray one have been moved forward to tray two,

and tray one is now occupied with the fresh HBD Auto sprouts.

TRAY-ONE-HBD-01.png

I always use humidity domes for a few days as the new seedling take root.

My domes are covers from blank CD spindles I repurposed, and two cut down water bottles.

TRAY-ONE-HBD-02.png

I had to improvise with the water bottles, because all six sprouts all broke soil at the same time.

I never really use the domes very long. Only the first four, or five days.

I do kinda ween them off of the domes slowly on the last day.

By removing them, and putting them back on after an hour,or two etc.

It's kinda a judgement call. Depending on how well the seedlings appear to be doing.

I've downloaded, watched, & enjoyed "The Culture High". Thanxx Toker...

Toker,
I started my seeds right away w the led. Some people do cfl or t5 for a while and then do led. Looks like you start with led from jump.

I'm not starting my next grow until December, I should have better luck then because I've learneda lot during my first grow (which is still going on)!

I know it may not be the same bc I'm doing hempy with perlite next. I did not germinate, I dropped the seed directly in a rock wool cube and they popped up with 3 days. Using the dome creates more humidity for the seeds, righ? How high do you keep your light when using the domes? What is the temp and humidity in your grow area while you still have the domes?

I'm learning tons by asking lots of questions, and especially now since I've started growing. Sorry if the questions are "no-brainer" answers, but it certainly helps us newbies!

I've downloaded, watched, & enjoyed "The Culture High". Thanxx Toker...

haha yeah I hate going to the theatre also dude. wink wink. No problem. :)

Toker, in a few days, may I post a few pics, and totals of my seeds I have made thanks to your awesome thread. I couldnt wait for all..had to peek at some :) .rest are drying in their callyxes..
Thank you again, man!

Sure you can dude! I can't wait. Post it to the CS thread tho. :thumb:

Toker,
I started my seeds right away w the led. Some people do cfl or t5 for a while and then do led. Looks like you start with led from jump.

I'm not starting my next grow until December, I should have better luck then because I've learneda lot during my first grow (which is still going on)!

I know it may not be the same bc I'm doing hempy with perlite next. I did not germinate, I dropped the seed directly in a rock wool cube and they popped up with 3 days. Using the dome creates more humidity for the seeds, righ? How high do you keep your light when using the domes? What is the temp and humidity in your grow area while you still have the domes?

I'm learning tons by asking lots of questions, and especially now since I've started growing. Sorry if the questions are "no-brainer" answers, but it certainly helps us newbies!

I might not set the best example in those areas my friend.

I have no humidity, or temperature meters, and no PPM, or PH pens.

I set the window AC in my room to eighty two degrees, and use PH drops to check PH.

I run my grow room over eighty because I use LEDs. If you're using HIDs go 75 degrees.

And yes the domes raise humidity, and block a bit of the harsh light.

My Intelligent-Gro LEDs are about 13/14 inches from the plants right now on all three trays.

Yours may need something different, but outta respect to my sponsor I don't discuss other brands.

Do some research on what you got, and figure out what works best for you.

So yes I soak my seeds in a cup of tap water,

and when they pop open I poke a hole in my coco with my finger.

Dump in a small scoop of mykos put the sprout on top, and push coco over it.

I water the new seedling with dechlorinated water with added molasses, and pop on the dome.

I only had four domes, and six plants per tray tho, so before I'd move the domes around as seeds pop up.

This time they all popped up at the same time, so I added the cut down water bottle domes.

One day I'll buy all those pens, and meters.

I'm on a pretty tight budget tho, and good ones are expensive.

I'm the same with the meters and ppm and such; I can't afford the expensive stuff and there's really no point in the cheap ones. I have a hygrometer but it was literally like £10/$12.31 and seems to work so I just go with it. Trying not to cringe too badly when it's really high or really low.

I like a bit of Myco under my seeds as well, but i just chuck em in dry cos i know I'll kill them trying to move them after the taproot comes out lol

Yeah it seems to work for me. I like seeing the root tho.

I can start a new seed pretty fast if I don't get one, or soak more than I need.

You think a bit different about seeds when you gotta ton of seeds to play with.

Like how I don't like to waste time wondering if it will ever sprout just because it was so expensive.

Back
Top Bottom