Perpetual Grow Among Other Things!

8-28-2015 Veg Day 20

8-28-2015 Perpetual Update!

Ok so I posted about the seeds already... based on the perpetual grow... I consolidated the veg tent.

8-28-2015_D.JPG

And right before I left dropped the light WAY down .. Why didn't I think of it long before...why didn't YOU tell me! geez!

8-28-2015_G.JPG

I rearranged the pots based on mix and match this time.. Big next to small etc to keep coverage optimal

So for some reason I took the worst pic of it next... you can see the mix and match at least...

8-28-2015_F.JPG
8-28-2015_E.JPG

Ok so the vitals on the two now

Humidity 56-74
Temp 75-79
#1 PH 6.08 PPM 627
#2 PH 6.06 PPM 662

I no longer correct my PPM levels
It is around 45 ppm out of the tap so i use to deduct it but the more I think about it who know what it is for make up but I should be taking it into account. So I will future list what the gauge says.

New metal grate on the intake and exhaust holes...
Moved the air pump outside of room with a long holes so the heat is outside room (it was 128 deg)

I bought a basic humidifier to get the humidity down. It was still 60 in the basement but I think I will need it at least to 40 to help the grow room much and it may take some time....

I ordered some harvest stuff from amazon... Wishful thinking but if all goes well it will happen ;)

Have a good night I am sure I am forgetting stuff but I can post other stuff if I remember tomorrow...
:peace:

I just use paper towel

Thanks for piping in... That's the method i have had the best success but the last few times i have had them over wet and rotted them.
Could also be that i have not used purchased seeds just bag seed. i run about 50% or less on splitting. 1/4 inch or so pop in rockwool.

The last batch I over watered the rockwool and they rotted... some of them.
I tried some in paper towel in a plastic bag and I felt it was worse..I'll have to reread my journal but i think almost none popped.

tried with heat and without. had them on a heat pad but felt like it was too hot.. tried on top of my T5 there is even one there now...not hot enough I don't think... barely warmer than the air..

I won't read too much into all of that until I try it with good seeds.

have a good one!
FE

I tried a heating pad it don't work here cause its already warm enough
makes it too hot here
I don't use rockwool I use rooting plugs like root riot or similar
I can soak it down and it still can get air
as soon as it pops I throw it in my netpot lid into a bucket
well as soon as I see the root come out of the plug
which by that time there is a sprout poking out up top
I tried rockwool when I started dwc switched to the rooting plugs and never looked back
you have to soak the rockwool in water phed to 5.5 for 24 hrs before you use it
I just wet my rooting plug with the tap and im gtg
a lot is a matter of opinion as not everyones routines are the same may have similarities but
who knows if the little things are the same but the basics are so I don't see why any or most of the methods wont work
I believe some methods are just easier than others and may even have better odds

I tried a heating pad it don't work here cause its already warm enough
makes it too hot here
I don't use rockwool I use rooting plugs like root riot or similar
I can soak it down and it still can get air
as soon as it pops I throw it in my netpot lid into a bucket
well as soon as I see the root come out of the plug
which by that time there is a sprout poking out up top
I tried rockwool when I started dwc switched to the rooting plugs and never looked back
you have to soak the rockwool in water phed to 5.5 for 24 hrs before you use it
I just wet my rooting plug with the tap and im gtg
a lot is a matter of opinion as not everyones routines are the same may have similarities but
who knows if the little things are the same but the basics are so I don't see why any or most of the methods wont work
I believe some methods are just easier than others and may even have better odds

Thank you for responding... air that was the key I gained from it thanks.. When i was using plastic bags there was no air ....
And no rock wool... yah I hate presoaking them I always forget it til I go to put seeds in them.
Good stuff thanks cronic!

Flowering Clone explosion!

8-29-2015

Vitals!

Hum 52-72
Temp 73-79
#1 PH 6.05 PPM 624
#2 PH 6.03 PPM 673

Ok so yah like the title says... I moved the light way! down last night and check this out....

8-29-2015_G.JPG

It is all weird.. leaves look odd.. still pistils sprouting and today all the leaves have tric's .. sugar leaves...

The whole veg tent is doing well i'll pop some more pics...

8-29-2015_D.JPG

Guessing game! which one is the pineapple chunk plant?

8-29-2015_F.JPG
8-29-2015_E.JPG

This plant here!!! i'll show the roots! It is getting good size! I bought the flower tubs it may go in one soon if it keeps it up..

8-29-2015_H.JPG
8-29-2015_I.JPG

Nice.. Clean, Long! i did a little inspection for bugs and didn't see any in here... Can't be too diligent on that.

The two seedlings are a little bigger and the one in the front the pc seed is really looking pretty. I am sooo use to seeing the leaves of my N1 strain that The leaves look odd and cool.. I can't wait to grow others..

Temps and humidity are much better.. still need to get more humid out but better... Moving pump (air) outside was a big deal I think. It was loud on the table this AM so I hung it from a bungee and I cant really hear it over the fans now... shocked... In the winter if it starts to get cold in there when lights are off I'll move it back in to heat it ;)

I am sure forgetting to post something If I think of it ill post later..

Thanks for looking
FE

Soooooo How do you guys all pop seeds!
SweetSue mention cannabelle's method but again the site lost me... I can't find it... but did read post's about it at least.

Recently I have had the WORST luck!

Again this seems to be a topic that everyone does something a little different.

Ok so another post to follow

Here's a link to Cannabelle's journal post on the seed germination technique using medicine bottles. This works really well.

Cannabelle's Kapakahi 420 Companion Triad Grow

its re vegging just keep it under 18 hrs or more and itll stop and start creating branches
the funny looking leaves come out when your revegging

its re vegging just keep it under 18 hrs or more and itll stop and start creating branches
the funny looking leaves come out when your revegging

Thanks! Yah i figured that was it but I have never seen it .. Cool shit to see. I have been running them at 20-4 really only to let things cool some not really cause of any technical reason.

Thanks Cronic It's always good to know you are there ;)

BEEEEEP! This is NOT a test of the emergency broadcast system!

8-30-2015 This was an actual emergency.. well for my plants....

The veg tent has mites ;/

I sprayed the shit out of it! walls and all... I can't wait to harvest my girl so I can clean and repaint and fix this issue... but at least I am staying on it so they are small and few... but I had a feeling tent would be an issue...

I'll go get some reading's on it later. I wanted to wait to do it to see if I got NPK mighty wash in the system.

This is the end of the actual emergency resume what you where doing!

I made the three flower tubs. 2 of the veg plants the best two I will put in them maybe even tonight. There is now room in the veg tent to add a new tub so maybe we'll see ... feeling lazy..

FE

Flower tub instructional!

8-31-2015

So I figured I would show my latest Flower tub design and what better way than to show how I did it..

8-31-2015_F.JPG

This is the final product. A ten gallon dual threat Flower tub! The five gallon pots where what I used in my last grow. I had them all running into a reservoir as well and I liked it. But realizing later that I would need things more individual.. and the fact I decided to flower in the tent. The 5 gallon ones wouldn't do. i could maybe fit the 4. I need 6 and wish I could do more. 6 will do. I made sure to leave the pot openings smaller this time so hopefully they will not fall through like the last grow. I think I have it good this time. these hold ten gallons so same volume level as 5 gallons.

8-31-2015_A.JPG

So I started with the Tub

8-31-2015_B.JPG

I made the two pot holes with a razor blade after tracing a piece i saved the correct size.

I drilled one small air line hose on one end and the other end a 1/2 inch hols for my drain fill.

8-31-2015_C.JPG

I ran the single air hose down in and a short 1/2 inch hose for the fill drain with a fitting on the top that I will cap. I plan to use a small transfer pump to fill and empty as needed. This is the plan and if it works should be pretty slick. I will still want to clean tubs once in awhile but nute swaps and flushes should be a breeze.

8-31-2015_D.JPG

Inside I have one stone that fits in the tub groove perfect below each pot. These two 6 inch stones are pretty heavy they should stay put fine once all is in place...

8-31-2015_G.JPG

That's pretty much it.. Simple... We'll find out how well they work in the future...

Have a good one today !!
FE

What a difference!

8-31-2015

So what a difference in the veg tent... It's all about the light...

They all are now thanking me daily for moving it lower... probably need to add a week of vegging from it...

Look at them...

8-31-2015_Z.JPG
8-31-2015_Y.JPG
8-31-2015_X.JPG

I need to LST some soon... and as soon as I move them to other tub.. top the two I move... a couple of these are ready to move there but need some time after topping... The four pot tub is what I should be using but with a low # of plants i didnt need it and was preparing to swap the stuff around.

anyway things are good plants doing well
Excited for the pineapple chunk seeds 2 are growing as long as one is female. The big one looks nice.. hope it 's a her...PC was a good strain .. strong...

Not much else to see here so move along!

FE

Idling along

9-1-2015
The veg tent is just moving along!
All the plants look good... no sign of bugs .. for now...

Vitals are on the lower part...

9-1-2015_H.JPG

Here's what it looks like in there... I removed all the burnt lower leaves on the 4 first clones yesterday. Plants I guess didn't see me do it.. didn't bother them.

9-1-2015_G.JPG
9-1-2015_D.JPG
9-1-2015_E.JPG

So Tonight I will also throw in the close up of the unsexed Pineapple Chunk plant. It does look pleasant.

9-1-2015_F.JPG

So what is the best way to keep the roots from getting all tangled up in the hoses...hehe
have to be real gentle when I pull them out now...

Anyhow bout it for now
Have a good one...

FE

That Pineapple Chunk is a pretty one. May it be female.

That Pineapple Chunk is a pretty one. May it be female.

Thank you Sue. It was bag seed but at least I knew the strain this time. Not expecting much cause bag seed is usually not the best quality but it is looking really pretty! I think I am so use to seeing my anonymous N1 strain (almost 4 months) only that the PC looks diff and I like that..My seeds shipped yesterday so fingers crossed I can add some other pretty ones soon!!! I appreciate you looking!
TYVM
Make today one of the good ones!
FE

Been a Few...

9-3-2015 Been a Few...

So I started with the Vitals

Temp 75-79
Hum 51-71
#1 ppm 672 PH 5.78
#2 PPM 700 PH 5.86

And took some pics!!

9-3-2015_E.JPG
9-3-2015_G.JPG
9-3-2015_H.JPG

9-3-2015_F.JPG

PC grew a fair amount.

Definitely the two biggest are over ready if I want top them.

So then i decided screw it.. and popped them in their Flower Tote....

9-3-2015_I.JPG

So it now looks like this in there....

9-3-2015_J.JPG

So here starts the dilemma... Those two are kinda early to flower now but should be good after I harvest. If I want to do perpetual on schedule... i need to put two more in flower in 3-4 weeks..... after the first two flower... Preference would be female seeds but they are all far away for now to know if they are... The other Clones will probably be huge in 3-4 more weeks this may get interesting.. over veg some 3-4 weeks? I dread culling some but inevitable... I just wanted to keep the top performers as they are the same strain i am about to harvest and have more stuff in the works! Now that i think of that i may swap out one of them for the flowering clone...

5.6 on the ph and 1080 on nutes in the new tub if I recall right...

Let's see how they like it!

til the next time!

FE

Now I am really thinking if I should cull most soon.... save 3 growing unknowns from seeds and three best clones in just 1 6 spot veg tub... Either way I would have the next 2 in veg. Hmmm This is the reason I did the tubs this way... Maybe tom night.. getting late...

HOW DO YOU KILL HEALTHY PLANTS??? ;/ won't seem right...

ok i'm better...

FE

Back
Top Bottom