Perpetual Multi-Strain Indoor/Outdoor Grow

RainStacks

This is my first attempt at a grow. I have always wanted to do one, and am very excited to have a chance to grow some of my own medicine. Everything is legal here, at least according to my city and state :) so I feel pretty comfortable. For me the process is reward enough and I am thinking of it as a learning experience, especially since I am starting so late in the season outdoors. I have to admit I really enjoy eating fruit and veggies I have grown. I would be enthralled if I were able to get a little puff from my own little ladies. We shall see. Hopefully with your help, we can make it happen.

What strain is it? I believe that the strain is a Blue Hawaiian Hybrid, although I am not 100% sure.

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid, it looks to be about 75% indica based on the leaves.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Some are in early flower, but most are in veg.

If in Veg... For how long? One month.

If in Flower stage... For how long?

My largest plant showed its sex just a few days ago.

Indoor or outdoor? Outdoor.

Soil or Hydro? Soil.

If soil... what is in your mix? Fox Farms Ocean Forest with worm castings and Dynamite Red.

If soil... What size pot?7 gallon.

Size of light? 865,000 miles in diamater.

Temp of Room/cab? Average daytime time in my location is 74, night-time is about 62.

RH of Room/cab? Humidity outside ranges from 60-89

PH of media or res? Unknown, if any issues come up or if someone says I need it I will PH water etc.

Any Pests ? I have seen some white flies, aphids, and one tiny caterpillar. I have been picking them off by hand, hasn't been a big problem. I also have plenty of the little wasps that kill aphids in my garden. I did get PM on one leaf, which I cut off. I have not seen any other issues since. I have several spagetti squash in the garden that have it that are being treated.

How often are you watering? When soil is mostly dry.

Type and strength of ferts used? Dynamite red in soil normal strenght. EWC and also light foliar feeding with fresh wormjuice out of my wormfarm mixed 10:1 with water. If anyone has any worm questions I know a lot more about this than cannabis. I am happy to help if I can.

Here is the pic of the Blue Hawaiin Seeds. I determined which to soak, by giving them a light squeeze. I waited for them to crack in the water. Since it took more than 24 hours for some to open, I think this was a mistake. Next time I will soak them for 24 hours, then put them directly in soil, or rapid rooters.

mixed_001.jpg

Here is a group shot of five of the plants about a week in, my little runt is out of the frame in a slightly shadier spot.

720S3_325.jpg

Here are a couple pics of my best plant:

720S3_297.jpg

720S3_298.jpg

720S3_300.jpg

720S3_324.jpg

Succulent_and_Bonsai_photos_035.jpg

mixed_017.jpg

mixed_038.jpg

Here are a few pre-flowers that popped out on my best plant. I was so so happy about this!

mixed_053.jpg

mixed_054.jpg

here are a few pics of me my first* time LST'ing a plant. See if you can find the hidden tape ganga leaf! *I do have some practice with bonsai (let me know if anyone wants to see any pics of my bonsais:)

mixed_044.jpg

mixed_045.jpg

mixed_047.jpg

mixed_049.jpg

So far the plant seems to be taking it well. I have tightened it a bit since having taken these pictures. I only did this on one plant just for the practice. Since it is late in the season I don't know if it will pay off. I was thinking of topping one of my average plants too, I would love some advice on this being that it is late in the season here in Southern California.

I am very open to any questions at all. I encourage any criticism or advice. My goal is to learn as much as I can through this process, and hopefully make some more friends in this wonderful community we have here. Thank you so much for checking out my journal. :welcome:

re: First Outdoor Grow, Blue Hawaiian Hybrid

Looks good and being late in the season just means you wont get as much as if you started earlier but youll get something and yes it is awesome to smoke your own homegrown bud.

I soak my seeds in a shotglass of water for 2 or 3 days even longer sometimes it never seems to hurt them, as a matter of fact the Sour Diesel in my Redemtion journal I actually forgot about in the shotglass and i dont remember how long it had been cuz I was workin on my house before I moved into it and found the shotglass when I was moving and it had 5, 1 to 2 inch sprouts in it they were in the dark the whole time and grew to find light and drank up the water. I only had the one survivor though

subscribed! It's looking very promising! Can't wait to see what kind of result you're getting. Wish I could be growing outdoor, but my area gets to 30F even in the summer time :(

Woo! Those fingers look crazy! Never seen leaf structure like that, or seeds with those characteristics.
Can't wait to see these babies in a couple months :) Best of luck throughout your grow Stacks, :peace: CA

Welcome guys/gals I am so glad you are here! Thank you so much for the compliments. I agree these fingers are so weird! Hopefully the buds will be big mutants too! It is so interesting that there seem to be several phenotypes just in this tiny group. I love this stuff. My girls were standing tall this morning! I am wondering if I should switch to flowering nutes now that my largest plant is showing pre-flowers? I have plenty of worm castings and live very close to a hydro shop, so I am very open to some suggestions. I have heard good thing about Tiger Bloom, and Blue Planet I think it was. What do you guys think? There is already some DM red in the soil, a full dose. Here are a few pics of some new growth:

You can see I tucked some big fan leaves under the new shoots. I am hoping this helps the new shoots catch up on growth a bit. This plant stretched a full inch over night! I am amazed it is growing so fast even with all the new side shoots going :)
8313_014.jpg

Girls reaching up to catch some morning rays. They seem happier when it is cooler and overcast.
8313_013.jpg

Stalk is thickening up. Are these little white bumps root nodes?
8313_016.jpg

Girl I LST'd seems to be re-cooping well. I wish I had planted on the side of pot so it would be centered when I let it up again. I think my smallest plant is looking a lot like my biggest plant did. I think its root issue early on really stunted it badly. Lesson learned :)
8313_017.jpg

If you guys have any tips or questions I am all ears. I would love some suggestions about feeding, especially foliar feedings. I have an exo terra sprayer. I gave the girls a mix of worm juice and rain water once early in the morning, but I am out of rain water now. I do have a britta filter on the faucet. Maybe it is time to learn more about my tap water....:surf:

Hi Rain.
Your plants look great, very healthy. I like your tie down technique, very cool.
I'm subscribed. looking forward to more updates.\
Good Luck. ;)

:rollit:

Growing very well. I like the cactus that you have in the corner there :)

Thank you LL! It was a project my girlfriend had talked about forever. The hardest part was finding the right plants for it. Soon it will be hung on a wall. Here area a couple pics so you can see the whole thing:

:surf:

Hi Rain.
Your plants look great, very healthy. I like your tie down technique, very cool.
I'm subscribed. looking forward to more updates.\
Good Luck. ;)

Hi Stealth! Thank you kindly! Adding that third tie made it so much easier. I am considering topping this plant just to see how it responds as well. I will keep updating. Girls got a good watering and are very happy today. The leaves I tucked pushed their way back out overnight!

Lovely stuff my friend them leaves are superb I used to talk to a Russian guy on another site and he was playing with a strain called ducks foot or something like and that had very similar leaves like stinging nettles

Fatty, wow thank you so so much! I think you are exactly right about the duck's foot. This very well could be Blue Hawaiian mixed with Duck's foot! I did some reading and it sounds like a very interesting strain, and very stealthy too! What luck on my first grow!

Back
Top Bottom