Perpetual Organic Garden of Love

Re: Perpetual organic garden of butt poundin' love

Thanks man! The video is new, never made one before. Thanks for looking :)

What program did you use to make the video...I'm trying to decide on a free, cheap, and easy to use video editor and so far have came up with nothing.

What program did you use to make the video...I'm trying to decide on a free, cheap, and easy to use video editor and so far have came up with nothing.

Microsoft Movie maker......its free and simple to use. PM if you would like any help putting your first clip together. Once you use it for the first time, it will become natural. Peace :peace:

I built a liquid cooling system It is not a finished product by any means. I used a lot of stuff I had around the house like pumps, and the reservoirs. I want to see if it would work.

IT DOES!

So things I plan to buy to make it a more solid system are:

(2) 35-40g steal reservoirs with smooth full contact bottoms.

2 real pumps that can give me some head and pressure.

A real heat exchanger for inside the tent (something like Hydro Innovations Ice Box)

I first want to spend some time researching, trying to find something I can either build or something larger than the Ice Box.

I only ran 20ft of copper heat loop on the floor. I wanted to see what kind of results I would get.

Here is my simple, inexpensive, effective, and virtually free liquid cooling system.......

Resev. 1. This resev. runs the ground floor heat loop.
DSCF23621.jpg

DSCF23631.jpg

I placed all my soil bins on top of the heat loop for better contact. They are mostly full of cooking organic soil.
DSCF23641.jpg

DSCF24011.jpg

DSCF24021.jpg

Its also modular. I can add more heat loops if I need too which I plan adding 30' more for good measures.

Resev. 1 with the return line coming off the heat loop. 120gph pump.
Also the coil in Resev. 1 is being used to chill Resev. 2
DSCF23651.jpg

Resev. 2 with a 120gph pump running water through the coil in Resev 1.
Also a float valve to refill it automatically. Its all RO/DI water which I also use to water everything.
DSCF2368.jpg

And here is the make shift/ghetto heat exchanger in the tent placed above a cooling fan. Once I figure out a permanent solution this coil will replace the plastic coil I have running into Resev. 1 cooling Resev. 2.
DSCF23741.jpg

And here is the temp inside of the tent after 4 hours of running. 69.8F w/65% PH (too high!). I have to figure out a way to regulate the flow of water, or get a fan speed control thermo stat so I can raise the temp.
[
DSCF24031.jpg

And here is the temp inside of the tent after 4 hours of running. 69.8F w/65% PH (too high!). I have to figure out a way to regulate the flow of water, or get a fan speed control thermo stat so I can raise the temp.
DSCF2391.jpg

The cool thing about this system is I plan to run Co2. So once I get the equipment, ill need to raise the temp to about 82-85F. There will be no problem maintaining that temp.

Also, now since this is a closed loop system my humidity is jacked up! Ill have to invest in a dehumidifier but would like to know if anyone has experience using small Thermoelectric dehumidifiers? Like this:

Amazon: Eva-Dry Edv-2200 Mid-Size Dehumidifier

I only want to dehumidify both tents and not the entire basement. Trying to do this as efficiently as possible. That small dehumidifier only consumes 80w. 30 pints a day. Both tents combined are 350cu. ft.

And here is tent 2
72 degrees
56% RH (too high!)
DSCF23831.jpg

I have 2 - 220 cfm fans tying both tents together making them a closed loop system with relatively even temp. variance.

And here is the total power consumption of both flower tents and the liquid cooling system.

One 600w HPS
500w of LEDs
Two fans and a carbon filter
all the pumps running the cooling sys.

12.48 amps
DSCF23931.jpg

1191 total watts.
DSCF2395.jpg

I am very satisfied with my outcome :ying:

Well since I assembled a liquid cooling system it only made sense to get the co2 equipment.

I bought everything I needed off Amazon for $272.00 shipped via 2 day air.

I bought one Co2 controller and one portable hot water heater.....aka......liquid cooled Co2 generator. Same thing hydro innovation sells for $300+.

Cant wait to hook all this shit up!!!!!! I bought a small 3.2a 25pint dehumidifier and have my RH dialed down to 40% RH.

I cant remember.....do I need to raise me RH or keep it around 35-40% when supplement co2? I swore I had to raise it but cant remember. Any insight would be awesome!!!! +rep for some solid advice!!

Geeze I have wanted to run co2 for years! Last time I priced checked everything about a year about it would have cost me $450+. big price difference and that is awesome :hello:

Thanks for looking!

Co2 gen:
Amazon: Camp Chef HWDS Triton Hot Water Heater

Co2 controller:
Amazon: C.A.P. CAPPM4 Co2 Gas Detection Sensor

And what do you think of this idea????

Check it out:

I need a real heat exchanger for inside my tent. Original I wanted to buy a hydro innovations 6" ice box $129.95 and a fan control thermostat $120.85 and a inline fan to hook up to the ice box....say another $100.00

Hydro Innov. Ice Box

Fan Thermo Stat

Total $350.80

But what if I make this work????? A universal radiator and a window fan and figure out a way to mount them together. The window fan has a digital thermostat so the fan will shut off when the desired temperature is reached...

Kickass Gnarly Universal Radiator

Pimped out Window fan

Total $173.97
Damn near 50% savings yo'

I think it would work better then the ice box set up...way larger surface area to transfer heat.

What do you think? Should I give it a go or dont waste the cash and get the real gear

And what do you think of this idea????

Check it out:

I need a real heat exchanger for inside my tent. Original I wanted to buy a hydro innovations 6" ice box $129.95 and a fan control thermostat $120.85 and a inline fan to hook up to the ice box....say another $100.00

Hydro Innov. Ice Box

Fan Thermo Stat

Total $350.80

But what if I make this work????? A universal radiator and a window fan and figure out a way to mount them together. The window fan has a digital thermostat so the fan will shut off when the desired temperature is reached...

Kickass Gnarly Universal Radiator

Pimped out Window fan

Total $173.97
Damn near 50% savings yo'

I think it would work better then the ice box set up...way larger surface area to transfer heat.

What do you think? Should I give it a go or dont waste the cash and get the real gear

Well, the 'real gear' will no doubt cost more, but can you afford to experiment and lose the initial investment in the parts?

LOL that will definatly work! If you can figure out how many degrees the coil will raise* your water temp by with a certain volume of air - you can figure out how much cooling it will give you for your space.

Or you can just hook it up and watch your temperature drop
Sweet DIY!!

im jealous of your cloning setup! or actually of your rooted clones lol.

im using rockwool, which i really hate. i've never gotten it to work for anything. i might switch to aero

What is up Freak? I saw that Purple Kush and have to say YUMMMM! Nice screen appeal bro'. I want to see more.

Peace!

For clones, I take a cut, gel it up with rooting stuff (whatever's handy), put it in a rapid rooter/root riot cube. Then I take that, put it in a red solo cup that has mostly coir with a bit of OC+ in the bottom part. Snip a couple of small holes in the bottom rim for drainage. Use the top half of a 2l bottle (with cap) for a humidity dome - Bob's yer uncle.

:bongrip: - JZ

Back
Top Bottom