Perpetual Purple Powered By ViparSpectra XS2000

Happy Labor Day. I hope all is well. I moved the seeds to the pucks. The Somango is the most ready to roll
20210906_161156.jpg

The Granddaddy Purple is showing signs of life but nothing crazy.

20210906_161226.jpg

And the CaliKush isn't showing too much activity but I forgot to take a pic. All 3 were moved to the pucks. My focus it to keep them moist and warm and hope for the best.

Plenty more seeds if these don't take but I like a good germination rate so fingers crossed.

Pucks are my jam ,,,,,, where did you get your gdp from sir?
I've been buying my seeds locally to support the locals here while I visit Canada. The GDP and Somango are cropking, the CaliKush is Sonoma seeds.

I had heard things that made me hesitant about cropking but so far I've ran 3 of their strains and been pleased. I got the cherry pie I am running now from them as well.

Happy Thursday everyone! Thank you all for stopping by. I have somewhat bad news, the 3 beans I dropped don't seem to be eager to start this journey. I took a delicate peak and the only one that progressed was somango and it seemed to have stalled. There are several things that I did that could have caused this.

The good news is I dropped 6 more beans. 2 more of each. I put 1 each straight into pucks and 1each straight into rockwool. I plan to move the sprouted seeds from the rockwool to soil but these rockwool plugs have a slot down the side where I can carefully check status.

I'm still letting the original 3 go and if they decide to take off thats great. I still have 2 seeds left of each so one way or another, there will be plants soon. My apologies for the delay, I am super excited to get some plants under this new light.

Happy Thursday everyone! Thank you all for stopping by. I have somewhat bad news, the 3 beans I dropped don't seem to be eager to start this journey. I took a delicate peak and the only one that progressed was somango and it seemed to have stalled. There are several things that I did that could have caused this.

The good news is I dropped 6 more beans. 2 more of each. I put 1 each straight into pucks and 1each straight into rockwool. I plan to move the sprouted seeds from the rockwool to soil but these rockwool plugs have a slot down the side where I can carefully check status.

I'm still letting the original 3 go and if they decide to take off thats great. I still have 2 seeds left of each so one way or another, there will be plants soon. My apologies for the delay, I am super excited to get some plants under this new light.
I have had beans pop out of pucks way later then I thought they would and ended up with more then I could handle , they still might pull , I'm also excited to watch you get some plants under the new light do you think a net will be used this grow

Hey @HashFart ill keep my fingers crossed for the original 3. That is a good question that I honestly had not considered. The grow I just finished in here I didn't use a net but since you mention it, it might be a good idea. The somango although its genetics are Indica heavy is said to grow taller than expected and the GDP is supposed to be short and bushy.

All that considered, I think I will definitely be using a net. Thanks for the idea!

Hey @HashFart ill keep my fingers crossed for the original 3. That is a good question that I honestly had not considered. The grow I just finished in here I didn't use a net but since you mention it, it might be a good idea. The somango although its genetics are Indica heavy is said to grow taller than expected and the GDP is supposed to be short and bushy.

All that considered, I think I will definitely be using a net. Thanks for the idea!
I wasn't thinking myself , might not be such a good idea with different strains ,,,,, I'm getting all hot and bothered about this somango , once again I keep hearing about it I'm curious how it will turn out ,,,,, I'm thinking you might be pulling off some color with gdp

@HashFart the somango supposedly throws very nice fall colors as well, purple included.

Anyway, I'm curious why you don't think a net would be good with different strains. I think that will help me keep both more on an even plane.

It helped when I had a sativa pheno type of GSC and Indica but also with the cherry pie phenos I have going now, one is more sativa. Instead of having super different vertical height one just swallows the other horizontal haha

@HashFart the somango supposedly throws very nice fall colors as well, purple included.

Anyway, I'm curious why you don't think a net would be good with different strains. I think that will help me keep both more on an even plane.

It helped when I had a sativa pheno type of GSC and Indica but also with the cherry pie phenos I have going now, one is more sativa. Instead of having super different vertical height one just swallows the other horizontal haha
Harvest time , what if one finish way before another , I got reminded of this on my journal, I'm googling this somango lol

Happy Friday!

Another great point Hashfart. I'll have to think about it. I did harvest one GSC before the other and it was manageable the net really helps me fill in the tent nice and level and I want to have this 2x4 full of colas under the light so I'll probably still do it. Hopefully some of these beans pop up over the weekend.

Happy Saturday! Better news today as I see some promising activity today. Definitely 1 Somango and 1 GDP (2nd one starting to crack) and one Cali Kush seems to have cracked open as well.

Here is one Somango. I moved it over to a puck to keep building the root out. Once its above soil ill move it to a small pot.

20210911_092309.jpg

2 more somangos have pretty good size tap roots (3 total) ill let them grow a little more and move them to pucks probably tonight.

1 GDP has a long taproot in a puck. (1 total so far)

1 Cali Kush seems to have thrown a tap root but its hard to see how much in the puck (1 so far)

20210911_184758.jpg

Congrats on the bean pops!

Somango oddly does seem to be making the rounds! I'm looking forward to finally trying it, I've been sitting on the beans for months now. Yours is the photo version?

Congrats on the bean pops!

Somango oddly does seem to be making the rounds! I'm looking forward to finally trying it, I've been sitting on the beans for months now. Yours is the photo version?
Thanks Rexer! I hope you are enjoying the weekend. Yeah, I picked up regular photoperiod from Crop Kings (somango and GDP) because I have never grown regulars outside of bag seed when I first gave growing a try.

I'm really excited about the somango. The flavor and smell sound great and it seems like a more mild and pleasant high from what I was reading.

Sorry for posting so much during the less exciting stage of the grow but this germination round was a bit stressful. Out of the 3 strains the somango is the only one germinating at what I would call a successful rate.

I have even been testing different methods across each strain. Today, I am going to pick up some rapid rooters and test 1 more GDP and 1 more Somango.

That being said, I do have one GDP above ground. It lost its helmet naturally but I pulled off the embryonic sac or whatever its called?

I like that its showing a little color, hopefully that continues later. I wonder if this is a male as it is the most vigorous. Unfortunately, I can only compare to the somangos as no other GDP have been successful (yet)

20210912_112037.jpg

Sorry for posting so much during the less exciting stage of the grow but this germination round was a bit stressful. Out of the 3 strains the somango is the only one germinating at what I would call a successful rate.

I have even been testing different methods across each strain. Today, I am going to pick up some rapid rooters and test 1 more GDP and 1 more Somango.

That being said, I do have one GDP above ground. It lost its helmet naturally but I pulled off the embryonic sac or whatever its called?

I like that its showing a little color, hopefully that continues later. I wonder if this is a male as it is the most vigorous. Unfortunately, I can only compare to the somangos as no other GDP have been successful (yet)

20210912_112037.jpg
This is the hardest and most sensitive part of the grow , she must of just popped up ,,

This is the hardest and most sensitive part of the grow , she must of just popped up ,,
Happy Sunday @HashFart you definitely got that right! Although, I am now laughing at myself because I have 2 more GDP with tap roots, and another just starting to show. This is not including the 1 I threw into quick roots today haha.

Good news is some may be males and I have another tent that I can move overflow to come flowering time. I hope I get some nice ladies and a stud or two. I want to chuck some pollen for my first time. Either way we should have a nice group of plants going in no time.

this particular journal will follow the ladies that are flowered in this tent obviously, so we can see how they do under the Viparspectra XS2000.
20210912_171356.jpg

Happy Sunday @HashFart you definitely got that right! Although, I am now laughing at myself because I have 2 more GDP with tap roots, and another just starting to show. This is not including the 1 I threw into quick roots today haha.

Good news is some may be males and I have another tent that I can move overflow to come flowering time. I hope I get some nice ladies and a stud or two. I want to chuck some pollen for my first time. Either way we should have a nice group of plants going in no time.

this particular journal will follow the ladies that are flowered in this tent obviously, so we can see how they do under the Viparspectra XS2000.
20210912_171356.jpg
Lol they always pop

Happy Monday my green thumbed friends! Things are looking up today in the soon to be garden. We have 3 above soil for both the Somango and the GDP. The CBD Cali Kush might go completely 0 germinated but those were more for my wife, not purple, and she has a ton of oil that basically knocks her out so it is what it is. Anyway, here are the 3 somango. I just removed the furthest ones helmet so it hasn't greened up yet. Last one on the end is a seed in rapid rooter dropped yesterday.

20210913_140235.jpg

Next we have the GDP. The two in the rapid rooters had tap roots and were put in the rooter last night. I hope to remove their helmets today/tonight.

20210913_140229.jpg

Everything is now in the tent and under the Viparspectra XS2000. I had it at about 25% and just upped it a bit to 30%. I have it sitting maybe 3 feet above the top of the dome.

So far the ladies are loving the light as wee ones. One thing I am excited about is the XS2000 has 5000K spectrum diodes in addition to 3000K so I am thinking this should be a great light throughout the grow.

Happy Monday my green thumbed friends! Things are looking up today in the soon to be garden. We have 3 above soil for both the Somango and the GDP. The CBD Cali Kush might go completely 0 germinated but those were more for my wife, not purple, and she has a ton of oil that basically knocks her out so it is what it is.

Anyway, here are the 3 somango. I just removed the furthest one's helmet so it hasn't greened up yet. Last one on the end is a seed in rapid rooter dropped yesterday.

20210913_140235.jpg

Next we have the GDP. The two in the rapid rooters had tap roots and were put in the rooter last night. I hope to remove their helmets today/tonight. Last rapid rooter had a seed dropped yesterday. There is still one in the rockwool cracked a bit but seems stalled.

20210913_140229.jpg

Everything is now in the tent and under the Viparspectra XS2000. I had it at about 25% and just upped it a bit to 30%. I have it sitting maybe 3 feet above the top of the dome.

So far the ladies are loving the light as wee ones. One thing I am excited about is the XS2000 has 5000K spectrum diodes in addition to 3000K so I am thinking this should be a great light throughout the grow.

Back
Top Bottom