Perpetual Purple Powered By ViparSpectra XS2000

Modest Grower

Hello 420 family!!!!

I will be using a Viparspectra XS2000 in a 2x4 tent. The plants will all be in 3 liter soil pots. The soil is Fox Farm Happy Frog with additional perlite.

I have dropped three beans in water just now. 1 Granddaddy Purple (regular) 1 Somango (regular) and 1 Cali Kush (CBD 20% to 1% fem).

With the location (Canada) and timing (September start) of this grow, I should be able to get some nice cold nights to bring out the natural purple in the GDP and Somango. If I get any males, I will be collecting pollen and trying to pollinate the plants for seeds for future grows. I'm hoping for some beautiful colors and big flavor.
I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Thank you for following along!

@HashFart
@013
@Sticky fingaz
@Baron Von Blurple
@West Hippie
@Regrowth
@Rexer
@Squiggle
@Ljb1
@Michael Hunt

I tagged a few of you who swing by my journals, I appreciate anyone who swings by and as always its open to the public. If i missed you please don't take it personal, I grow alot, I smoke a lot haha. Please feel free to post questions, comments, advice, pictures, whatever!!!!

20210904_153502_1.jpg

The seeds will be in dark soaking overnight and then moved to a paper towel. They are on a heat map under the tray. For my own sake, GDP is in white, Somango is in black, and Cali Kush is in gold.

I'm new here and subscribing to way too many journals, but this sounds like it should be one of them!
Hey @Renaissance Man welcome to 420 and my journal! I see you have a journal going, ill swing by for sure. I have had a few auto grows in my past but I have been considering them lately too. Anyway, grab a seat and feel free to jump in with comments or questions.
:passitleft:

Thanks for following along @CADBOY I'll check your grow out for sure! I am interested to see how it does for coverage on the 4' width. The three plants in 3L pots should fill the width of the tent so we shall see how we do come harvest

Thanks for joining @Rexer. I am planning on starting these three in soil for now but my hydro set up will be open so I could move the light and some clones to the hydro set up. I am just worried about it getting too cold for the nutrient mix. I may rebuild the system indoors but if I do, I will likely do that in the 4x4.

Long story long, for now, these ladies (and maybe gents) will be in soil for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for the mention @Modest Grower, I'll tag along. Congrats on the gear.
Thanks for following @Regrowth I am debating throwing some cherry pie genetics into the mix if I end up with any pollen. I still have a few feminized cherry pie seeds on hand if the situation arises.

Absolutely unbelievable! I was informed last night around midnight my time that the light had shipped and it just arrived around 6:30 pm. That is insanely fast delivery in Calgary Canada.

I'll hook it up tonight and let the fun continue!

Grats on the sponsorship ModG...I also have 2 x X2000s coming

I had to do a little test fit. Looks so sleek and hangs high as a last stand for vertical issues. I really like the heat sink design they have going it looks like it will be effective. It could just be my imagination but I have seen these diodes in various lights and these just seem brighter, maybe even whiter or more blue. Anyway, I wonder if that is driver related.

Hey @Modest Grower, any chance you can take a picture of how you hang the light? I know I'm doing it wrong but have not been able to find the "right" way.
I always use 4 pulleys and not the supplied wire. This allows maximum adjustment and height. This light comes with two pulleys so I used 2 others I had already had on hand.

I'll tidy this up a bit more as time goes on but here is the general idea

20210904_234132.jpg

I always use 4 pulleys and not the supplied wire. This allows maximum adjustment and height. This light comes with two pulleys so I used 2 others I had already had on hand.

I'll tidy this up a bit more as time goes on but here is the general idea

20210904_234132.jpg
Not to be intrusive here, I like how you hang your light... I did use half of the supplied hanging wire & its connected to the 2 adjustable pulleys as well, 1 for each side. Only posting to show the difference between both our hanging solutions.
20210904_190251.jpg

Hey @CADBOY not intrusive at all and you are always welcome to post pictures. Look at that sexy light! The main reason I use 4 pulleys is I have the shorter 2x4 tent and last grow I ended up running out of vertical space. The wire approach you used works great as well!

Happy Sunday everyone. Thanks for stopping by @Squiggle and @Ljb1 and everyone else for making the start of my first sponsored grow a good one!

The seeds have soaked overnight so I will be moving them to paper towels this morning. I have used this method since I started growing. I have been experimenting going straight into pucks or soil but for this grow I decided to go back to my original germination method.

One thing I noticed that I was curious if anyone else had noticed is these regular seeds are significantly bigger than any feminized seeds I have seen.

Good signs as I peaked into the paper towels this afternoon. It seems all three are on their way to throwing taproot.

Likely, these will be planted tonight or tomorrow morning. I'll put them into jiffy pucks that I still have laying around and then remove the netting and transplant to their 3L pots.

Back
Top Bottom