420 Magazine Background

Personal Growth

JJ Bones

Nug of the Month: Feb 2013
I'm an entrepreneur and I've attended a few entrepreneurial seminars where I've gotten plenty of personal growth advice. I thought it would be great to start a thread with personal growth quotes that we can all share.

I personally love reading quotes because they can be so powerful with only a few short sentences.

Some I don't know the author, though I encourage everyone to share the author of their quotes when capable.

"Where you will be 5 years from now is determined by the books you read and the main circle your surround yourself with."

"Inspect what you expect."

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Ghandi

I have tons more, just am totally drawing a blank right now. :roorrip:

JJ Bones

"If you can't measure it, you can't manage it."

"The person who says they can and the person who says they can't are both usually right"

Julie Gardener

Great thread! Love quotes, always have. The have always been what I turn too when in need of inspiration. I'll just start with the most recent quote I used...

If you concentrate on finding whatever is good in every situation, you will discover that your life will suddenly be filled with gratitude, a feeling that nurtures the soul. - Rabbi Harold Kushner

Ok, one more essential...

Our natural state of being is joy, and it takes so much energy to think negative thoughts, to speak negative words, and to feel miserable. The easy path is good thoughts, good words, and good deeds. Take the easy path. - From "The Secret"

Last edited:

JJ Bones

"Excellence is the result of:
Caring more than others think is wise...
Risking more than others think is safe...
Dreaming more than others think is practical, and
Expecting more than others think is possible."
~ Mac Anderson

Hobos Bandaid

I have like 40 more or less post cards with usually 3 or 2 quotes written on one side for each one. heres the first i saw...

"it is not uncommon for some people to spend their whole life waiting to start living."

this ones kinda sad but puts u in ur place if ur like really lazy or love just the small things and dont care for a luxorious or deep sort of life. and this could be looked down upon but this quote speaks to me.

JJ Bones

Just because the past didn't turn out like you wanted it to, doesn't mean your future can't be better than you ever imagined.

Knowledge is like paint, it does you no good until it is applied.

Fake friends are no different than shadows, they stick around during your brightest moments, but disappear during your darkest hours.

Experience is a cruel teacher it gives you the test before teaching you the lesson.

Sometimes when things are falling apart they may actually be falling into place.

Mistake's are proof that you're trying.

Gadfly

"If a nation expects to be both ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be." -Tom Jefferson

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves." - Al Einstein

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

"No one tires of receiving benefit: and action in accordance with nature is your own benefit. Do not then tire of benefit gained by benefit given."

"A spider is proud to trap a fly. Men are proud of their own hunting-- a hare, a sprat in the net, boars, bears, Samaritan prisoners. If you examine their motives, are they not all bandits?"

The last two are Marcus Aurelius...again.

Fish4Fun420

"Even a fake smile is contagious" is something I heard when I was younger I can't recall who or where I heard it. I took it as in even if you are down and you smile you may bring up others spirits and when you make others feel good you feel good in return, making you happy.

SUNNY420

"Do it now or forever wish you had."

"Happy Ever After"

Mello136

The very definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
-Albert Einstein

baymont

For those in the corporate or educational fields:

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

E. F. Schumacher

BlueRaspberry

Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace- Dalai Lama

Think for yourself, question authority- Timothy Leary

Sueveefrostybudz

One of my favotites: You either come to live what you truley believe or come to believe what you are truley living.
From me. a man of many Quotes,OGFrostyBudz

Top Bottom