Pete's White Widow - Blackberry - Bubblelicious Grow

Re: Pete's White Widow, Blackberry, Bubblelicious Grow.

Day 24 of flowering cycle.

Ok, so I have some questions I'm hoping you wise people will be able to help me with.

Here are some pics showing each of the plants. There are multiple pics of each plant, so I don't have that many plants going, just 4 in flower right now.

Also, I name them, because I can't ever remember numbers. I can however, remember a girls name, and every detail about her. So, I can tell by name the strain, when it went into flower, how much nutes it had, etc.... If it was number pots, I'd never remember, ever. Suck at numbers.

This first pic is of the four of them in the tent.

IMG_196116.JPG

Valentina: This next set of pics are of the Blackberry. This one was the same height as the other until it was transplanted from the 1 gallon pot to the 3 gallon pot. My best guess is that it was in shock for a while. When it finally did go into Flower, it had a grow spurt from 6 inches to 10, then hasn't grown since. It does have buds on it (on think). Not sure what to say, its so much smaller than the others, I think I screwd it up, not sure, lol.

IMG_195716.JPG

IMG_195412.JPG

Carla: This next set of pics is of the White Widow. She looked great going into flower. She was in flower a week ahead of everyone else, and I fed her only water, for the first week, when I should have probably fed her Bloom nutes. What do you guys think? Is this thing going to survive? It has lots of Yellowed out leaves, some of them towards the bottom are dying all together. The cola has a lots of sticky nastiness, so hopefully that's a good sign. If you look at the cola under 50x mag, you can see trichomes. Hoping that is a good sign. So what do you think is the deal with the leaves on this one?

IMG_195014.JPG

IMG_19408.JPG

IMG_193816.JPG

Isabella: Then this next set is a pic of one of the two Bubblelicious. This one was left alone, while the other one was topped. It looks ok, but has yellowing leaves. Problem?

IMG_19378.JPG

IMG_193612.JPG

IMG_193511.JPG

IMG_193310.JPG

Camilla: And then finally, this is the second Bubblelicious, which I topped once just to see what would happen. Same yellowing leaves. Ideas?

IMG_192811.JPG

IMG_192112.JPG

IMG_192013.JPG

Let me know if you have any thoughts. Thanks for your help, and thanks for taking the time to read my dribble.

Not sure if this is helpful information, or completely useless (I certainly do have an abundance of useless knowledge). The "In" numbers are the numbers after the jug had nutes added just before going into the plant. The out number is the value of the numbers in the run off, about the first 1.5-2 ounces for each plant. If its useful, I'll keep track of it. Maybe it will help diagnose my issues in the pics above.....

201403031608_watertest.JPG

Note that this does not reflect every time I have watered. I generally water every 3-4 days. I missed the first bunch, and then missed one in between.

Also, my water comes out of the tap at a pH of 6.9, and TDS is 172ppm. The numbers in the table reflect total TDS (tap water TDS + Nute TDS).

My guess would be it's eating it's leaves. No other source of nitrogen. That first week you can keep your feed schedule. Then transition over to your bloom nutrients in week 2 after the initial stretch.

Valentina looks fine indica dominant ladies tend to stay shrubby. Other then lack of nitrogen all looks fine indeed. Sub's.

Should I give them nitrogen, or just wait? I guess this info would be helpful.....

When the plants were in veg, what I found is that they never needed nutes. The tact I took, again because they were test plants, was to give them nothing but water, unless there was a change in the plant that required me to give them nutes. All through veg, the plants seemed to grow fine, and the leaf color on all of them was great. I think this is because I am using a soil that is pretty loaded up to begin with. I'd figure that when I put them in the 1 gallon pot, it's conceivable that they fed off of whatever is in that through until the transplant into the 3 gallon. Once in the three gallon pots, I believe they stayed in veg for 10 - 12 days and then went into flower. That’s when I started having leaf color issues with Carla (the White Widow), and then the others.

So, how should I compensate?

Due for water tonight. I'll go with straight water (pH'ed), and ignore the plant color for now. Not sure what else to do.

I would feed with a bat guano tea that has an NPK ratio of ~4-5-4, brewed for 24 hours, strain the solids and top dress with those into the feeder roots in the first few inches of soil :morenutes:. Also, I would pick off the leaves that are shriveled up and dead at the end, at this point they are doing more harm than good by blocking airflow from underneath and up through the branches. Personally I have noticed that messing with the pH in soil can do more harm than good, IMHO. But people do what works for them! Also keep in mind that as the plant flowers hard, it has to use a lot more of certain elements to be able to synthesize the medicine, so it's normal to see some changing leaf colors toward the "manipulated fall sensation", for my cannabis that finishes in the fall, like all the other natural plants that die off in the winter, their leaves begin to yellow and they literally harvest the nutrients from the leaves as they die. This is a good thing because if we have too much nitrogen content built up at harvest time, we can end up with a grassy flavor that requires a good long cure to get that flavor out. Just my two cents. :goodluck:

Interestingly, they didn't need water, pots still have weight to them. They've been pretty consistent with needing water every 3 days, but whatever. I'll check them tomorrow.

Also, here is a chart that I was keeping track of, I was curious how they grow, particularly as changes occur. For example, on 2/12, I topped Carla and Camila. You can see on the Graph how they flatten out, and Isabella who was smaller all along, flies right by them. Then there is Valentina, the Blackberry. She never hit a growth spurt, she just kept growing slowly, a little at a time.

Anyway, more useless data!

20140305-plant_height.JPG

Oh, and I should also mention, they haven't grown any (height wise) since 2/26, which is why the graph ends there.

Quick question I was hoping to get an answer to. I know these plants are in Flower, but I guess I have the same question either way.

In my veg tent, the humidifier ran out of water. The humidity is usually 50-60%. When it ran out of water, it dipped down to 20%. Does this cause issues with the plant, in terms of stress, in veg or in flower?

Thanks!

I was wondering if someone could help me with some info. I've read in several places that lowering the humidity the last few weeks of flower will force the plant to send extra resin out to the buds. Couple of questions. Is this true? If so, when should I start lowering humidity. The humidity in my flower tent averages around 50%. You can see that in the first pic below. If I turn the Humidifier off, the humidity will get down as low as 20% or so, which you can see in the second picture. Actually, the humidifier ran out of water in this case. I can also control the humidity anywhere in between.

Does lowering the humidity do anything, or is that urban legend? If so, when should I do it? And, gradually or all at once?

20140312-humi.JPG

201403100839_lowhumi.JPG

Lookin fantastic Pete!! Love the 2nd pic they look like twins snuggled together!! Think I'll have my self a bowl a fantasize about your nugs while burning mine. Cheers!

Lookin fantastic Pete!! Love the 2nd pic they look like twins snuggled together!! Think I'll have my self a bowl a fantasize about your nugs while burning mine. Cheers!

I know, I was thinking the same thing. Here is another one. They are just calling out to be plucked, and then smoked. In good time...

SG7A0445.JPG

Its is now Day 38. I've read that if I crank down the humidity in the last 2-3 weeks, that it is good for resin production. Does anyone know if that is true, and if so, roughly when should I start easing off the humidity, or turn it off all together?

Thanks! :peace:

Pete

Personally for me and my outdoor plants during hard flower, I pray for low and dry humidity. Since I grow on the ocean, it is always pretty humid, and I see a lot of mold and budrot if the humidity is up during late flower. So that's one reason to have a humidity on the drier side is to minimize mold growth. It's hard to say for sure but, some people say with extreme hot and dry conditions, the plant can sometimes be stimulated to produce more resins, terpenes, or will be forced to use all available surface area to secrete from the resin glands, which helps defend it against the weather conditions.

To sum up, as an outdoor grower on the ocean, I pray for low humidity and dry conditions as we approach mid to late flower.

If I was an indoor grower, I would have the humidity below 50% for mid-late flower , probably down a bit more to be safe. Higher humidity is better for the vegetation and early budding phase. As the nooks and crannies of the buds fill in, trapped moisture from higher humidity scenarios and cause localized mold to grow (way more of a problem outside, but still , spores can come in on your shirt and shoes if your not totally clean entering the grow room and whatnot.)

Just my two cents. :peace:

Cool, thanks for the info! :thanks:

When they went from Veg to flower, they went from 55-60% down to 45-50%. I was going to knock it down so it stays between 30% and 40%, then just turn it off all together, at which point it will get down into the 20% - 25% or so range.

Just wanted to make sure I won't damage them.

Yeah lester knows what's up. The strain can play into mold too. In the morning there is dew in around late september. I noticed one of my humbolt strains has really tight tight nugs that hug each other branch to branch. That was the strain I had the most problem with mold.

Doc talking about bud washing- saw that jorge cervantez video using hydrogen peroxide too.

Fed them last night, and I like to take pics just prior so I can compare as time goes by. Here are pics from last nights feeding.

This first one is the Blackberry. I know I keep saying this, but its so damn short! However, I was just looking at it. Those buds you can see at the top go down 2 - 6 inches. So hopefully its going to produce something tasty.

SG7A0388.JPG

This is 1 of the 2 Bubblelicious, the one that I didn't top. Its looking good, that colo is really nice and sticky too.

SG7A0387.JPG

Here is a pic of the other Bubblelicious, the one that I topped. Again, I did so out of curiosity more than anything. This one doesn't have the cola that the other does, but it has far more bud sites in general.

SG7A0385.JPG

Finally, this is the pic of the White Widow. All of the massive fan leaves have died, or are on their way out. The two at the top aren't bad, but are yellowing. On the advise I received the last time I posted pics, I removed the leaves that were nearly dead so that light could reach the buds underneath. I'm glad I did this. Since I did, it seems like a handful more shoots popped up and new buds are there now instead of hand sized fan leaves. Anyway, the buds on this one are looking very nice so far, but I'm a noob, so what do I know.

SG7A0384.JPG

Have a good night! :tokin:

Back
Top Bottom